Belgian Royal Christmas

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not sure about Claire, but I think Laurent only attends these events because the King and Queen insist that he do so. I can just sense that he is bored out of his mind.

As for Mathilde's weight, she is a woman in her thirties who has given birth to four children in quick succession. Unless she is one of the lucky ones who stay thin after several children(Princess Caroline of Hanover) it is going to take her awhile to get back into shape. She dresses so well that it doesn't matter, she looks flawless.

I agree, Laurent and Claire did not look too thrilled to be there. Perhaps the camera caught them during an off moment.

You mean they both have good moments? :lol::lol: I am sorry but I could not resist my comment. These two are quite the duo that never seem comfortable being who they are. The King must insist on their presence because Laurent always gives me the impression that if he could lead a life a complete anonymity he would. Not that that would be a bad thing just that I wish they could act as though they enjoy being royalty in a more convincing way.

You mean they both have good moments? :lol::lol: I am sorry but I could not resist my comment. These two are quite the duo that never seem comfortable being who they are. The King must insist on their presence because Laurent always gives me the impression that if he could lead a life a complete anonymity he would. Not that that would be a bad thing just that I wish they could act as though they enjoy being royalty in a more convincing way.

Princess Claire usually seems cheerful and gracious enough, maybe this just wasn't her day-who knows?

But Laurent for sure looks like he attends these things only under Royal duress!

Actually, that comment was directed more toward Claire than Laurent. She usually seems cheerful. He has had his share of less than cheerful expressions caught on film.

I wish that the children had been able to attend. The royal children are so cute, and a picture of the entire family would have been nice. Was Queen Fabiola also present? I don't recall seeing her in any of the photos.

The children weren't there because it was a school day. You would have heard the press if they had brought them... And Eléonore is just too small for something like this.

The room is in the Royal Palace in Brussels, sgl, if you're ever in Belgium during the end of summer you can visit it. It's really impressive.

I'm not sure why Queen Fabiola didn't attend though, I think she was scheduled to visit the concert.

Is this an event usually attended by the children aswell?

I love them :)
But I think they are a little... humm
I am just missing a few smiles.
What do you think?

Last edited:
Prince Laurent's face is again pathetic!
Will he survive to these for him so annoying events ?

:previous: A few more pictures: Photo from Reuters Pictures; Photo from Reuters Pictures; Photo from Reuters Pictures; http://news.daylife.com/photo/02d50qHbqH4yR?__site=daylife&q=christmas+concert+December+14+2011; Photo from Reuters Pictures Before this year's christmas concert began, the whole audience observed a minute of silence for the victims of that gun and grenade attack in central Liège.
Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers (searching keywords: "christmas concert Brussels 2011"); IBL Bildbyrå - Nytt/Features; http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp/search/search.action?ts=1323955763095&data=eyJzb3J0IjowLCJucnAiOjUwLCJycyI6MCwicG4iOjEsInN0IjoiUVVFUllfU1RSSU5HIiwiYnIiOlsiMDo3MTpjaHJpc3RtYXMgY29uY2VydCBCcnVzc2VscyAyMDExIl19 (additional galleries)
Does anybody know why Queen Fabiola wasn't present as usual? I hope she is doing well...

Last edited:

Queen Paola, Queen Fabiola, Crown Prince Philippe, Crown Princess Mathilde, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended the annual Christmas concert at the Royal Palace in Brussels today, December 19, 2012. King Albert had been listed to attend as well, but has not been present.

** belga gallery **

Queen Paolo looks sad without any smile. I hope the King is not seriously ill ?

Was it announced why Princess Astrid and Archduke Lorenz did not attend?

How important is the attendance of HM the King? Without him the royal family seems completely lost. Princess Mathilde again with her uniform smile , The Queen without a smile , Prince Laurent completely lost.. The best are Queen Fabiola and Princess Claire.

Yesterday Crown Prince Philippe of Belgium, Princess Mathilde of Belgium, Prince Gabriel, Princess Elisabeth, Prince Emmanuel attended the premiere of the musical 'Peter Pan, The Never Ending Story', Sunday 23 December 2012 at event hall Vorst Nationaal - Forest National in Brussels.

Pic

Back
Top Bottom