The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

The King and the Queen never vote.
Queen Fabiola who never voted when she was Queen consort , now she has to vote.
She did a lot for the "Concours Reine Elisabeth " perhaps she is in Spain.
A few years ago she waited one hour like everybody.
Since her illness in the beginning 2009 she is weak and we did not see her to day.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

But have the King and the Queen the right of vote? In Britain, for example, the Queen doesn't have this right...

Old 06-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

In Spain they can not vote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

The same in Belgium
Old 06-08-2009, 02:14 PM

I thought the King and Queen have the right to vote, but they can choose not to.

As for Queen Fabiola, she always did her civil duty, even when her brother was really ill, she went to vote before flying to Spain. She was probably either unwell or abroad. Or she gave one of her family members a "power of attorney" to vote for her. All possible. I'm not sure if she is regarded a "normal citizen" in this respect, or if her status as former Queen-consort prevails.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Gentry

I was waiting for the annual family photos taken in Laken Palace in May/June. But seems there would not be any in press this year?
Old 06-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterego View Post
I was waiting for the annual family photos taken in Laken Palace in May/June. But seems there would not be any in press this year?
I do hope there is a special family photo session this year. It isn't an annual event you know.
And they usually don't announce it on the agenda,suddenly there was a photossion and there are new family photos.

I fear we have to wait until August the 30th, [a reception in Laeken for the various royal wedding anniversaries this year].
But because the King and Queen are wed 50 years and the 75th birthday of the King I hope for many photos with all children and grandchildren.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I do hope there is a special family photo session this year. It isn't an annual event you know.
And they usually don't announce it on the agenda,suddenly there was a photossion and there are new family photos.
Ah, I see. Thanks paola, I thought it were an annual event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I fear we have to wait until August the 30th, [a reception in Laeken for the various royal wedding anniversaries this year].
But because the King and Queen are wed 50 years and the 75th birthday of the King I hope for many photos with all children and grandchildren.
I look forwards to it.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

2009 is an important year for the Belgian RF. The King is 75 years old .
The King and the Queen are married since 50 years.
Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz 25 years, Prince Philippe and Mathilde 10 years.
As you know they will be alas no ball , no garden-party no other royals coming...
As said before they will invite the belgians who married the same day in 1959 and 1999 and this on August the 30th.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I like that idea of inviting others with the same anniversary to celebrate with the royal family! I think it is a very nice gesture.

Even though I enjoy a royal gala like everyone else, I think that this idea is a nice change.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Gentry

Do you know something about any state visit to Belgium in 2009?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Queen Paola, King Albert and Prince Philippe of Belgium pictured
during a lunch at the Castle of Laeken-Laken, Brussels, 08 October
2009, on the second day of the official visit of China Vice-President
Xi Jinping in Belgium.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 10-08-2009, 01:44 PM

The Vice President of China is in the country to open the exhibition "Europalia China", which will show some exclusive pieces from the Forbidden City, which have never left China before.

The entire royal family is supposed to attend the inauguration of the exhibition.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

LadyLeana , Nowadays a lot of receptions are in Laeken.
Can we say our King has 3 palaces ; one for work(officiel royal palace in Brusssels) , one for his receptions (Laeken), at one for his private life (Belvedere)?
Old 10-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

rince Lorenz, Princess Astrid, Queen Paola, Prince Laurent (back), Vice-President of China popular republic, Xi Jinping, King Albert II, Prince Philippe, Princess Mathilde and Princess Maria-Laura (oldest daughter of Astrid), pictured at the entrance of the exhibition "Son of the Sky" / "Fils du Ciel" / Zoon van de Hemel", at the official opening of Europalia China, at Brussels Center for Fine Arts /Palais des Beaux-Arts / Paleis voor Schone Kunsten, Thursday 8 October 2009. BELGA PHOTO BENOIT DOPPAGNE
BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 10-08-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
LadyLeana , Nowadays a lot of receptions are in Laeken.
Can we say our King has 3 palaces ; one for work(officiel royal palace in Brusssels) , one for his receptions (Laeken), at one for his private life (Belvedere)?
Yes, I suppose you could put it that way. Normally, of course, the Laeken palace is also the residence of the King, only Albert and Paola preferred to stay at the Belvedère, where they had made their home so many years ago (50 now, to be exact...)

The Brussels Palace is also sometimes used for receptions, I hope they will use it often when Belgium presides the EU. Especially the grand ballroom with all the chandeliers is so impressive!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Pics 8.10.2009

The Royal Family attends the exhibition "Son of the Sky" at the official
opening of Europalia China, at Brussels Center for Fine Arts (Paleis voor
Schone Kunsten), October 8, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** ppe gallery **
Old 10-09-2009, 06:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Courtesy of Belga.

Prince Lorenz, Princess Astrid, Queen Paola, Prince Laurent, Vice-President of China popular republic, Xi Jinping, King Albert II, Prince Philippe, Princess Mathilde and Princess Maria-Laura, pictured at the entrance of the exhibition "Son of the Sky", at the official opening of Europalia China, at Brussels Center for Fine Arts (8/10/2009).

http://i38.tinypic.com/hvcnrk.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/wri4rb.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/358850j.jpg

BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 10-09-2009, 06:27 AM
Royal Highness

Belgium Royal Family visited exhibition ‘Son of the Sky’ at the official opening of Europalia China, at Brussels Center for Fine Arts
9 October « Myroyal’s Blog
Old 10-09-2009, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ibl gallery

Closed Thread

Tags
archduke lorenz, astrid (1962-), claire, crown prince philippe, crown princess mathilde, fabiola, king albert ii, laurent, lorenz, mathilde, paola, philippe, prince laurent, princess astrid, princess claire, queen fabiola, queen paola