Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events, Part 7 (Jan. 2009 - July 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice to see Princess Maria Laura attending a royal engagement. I hope to see her and her siblings more frequently attending royal events.

I agree, MAfan. I was pleasantly surprised to see Maria Laura attending the event with the rest of the royal family. She has grown into such a lovely young woman.

Queen Paola and Princess Astrid visit the company "3 Suisses" in Tournai, on the 40th anniversary of its catalog mail order on 22 October 2009

Picture Gallery

I had missed until now the pics of Maria Laura at the exhibition: however, she couldn't not be there, since she is studying chinese. She's beautiful, I definetly have a crush on her:wub:

Pics 27.+28.10.2009

The Royal Family - including Prince Laurent, Princess Claire,
Queen Paola, King Albert and Princess Astrid - attended the
autumn concert, at the Royal Palace in Brussels, Tuesday 27
October 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Princess Laeticia Maria, Princess Louise, Princes Nicolas and Aymeric
with Princess Astrid, Queen Paola and Princess Claire, 28 October
2009, in the Bouglione circus in Brussels, for a special event, the 50
years anniversary of " L'Oeuvre des Berceaux Princesse Paola / De
Wiegjes Prinses Paola ".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** belga **

And some pics without watermarks:

About 1,000 children from underprivileged families were invited
to the circus by Bouglione.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Here's the gallery from gettyimages/zimbio:

** Queen Paola of Belgium and her Grandchildren attend Circus Bouglione Show **

Last edited:
Iceflower, thank you very much!:flowers:
All galleries and photos are great, happy to see children's happy faces!:previous:

Nice pictures Stephanie. Do you know why Philippe and Mathilde's children did not come with their nurse ?? They should have had great time.

I love the photos of the children at the circus! They are so sweet. Little Laeticia Maria's boots are very cute.

A lot of great pics from today!

Princess Claire, Princess Mathilde and Princess Astrid during a visit to
a primary school in Laken-Laeken, Brussels, on the occasion of the
20th anniversary of the declaration of children's rights, 20 November

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** belga **

It is nice seeing the three princesses together. I love the photos of Claire with the little girl on her back.

It is nice seeing the three princesses together. I love the photos of Claire with the little girl on her back.

I agree with you sgl. Princess Claire seems to be very affectionate, kind, loving and caring person who likes children.

The ones with the child on Princess Claire's back are so cute, This one is also such a cute picture : http://img109.imageshack.us/i/33328184.jpg/

Beautiful photos.

Princess Mathilde looks lovely and elegant.

You have every reason to be rominet09. I'm very pleased to see Queen Fabiola, she looked wonderful.:flowers:

I saw on TV an interview of Princes Philippe and Lorenz's tailor. One of the best in Bruxelles. No-body knows about Prince laurent's tailor..but what a difference !

Oh, yes, an enormous difference...although Laurent sometimes wears very nice shirts.
Btw, I don't think the problem is only the tailor, I'm sure that if Laurent some weight, his suits would soon suit him better.

...and I'm very proud of all the numerous links between Italy and the Belgian Royal Family!

do i take it that you mean the belgain royal familys marriage links with italians !! i wouldnt call two marriages numerous.....:lol:.

i say this as i am only aware of the marriages of princess marie jose and prince albert, now king..... to italians !!

i would be very interested to know of any other marriages though !!

cheers....:flowers:

Well...the links between the Belgian RF and Italy are:
the first Queen of the Belgians, Louise, was half italian on her maternal side;
Princess Marie Charlotte, Luise and Leopold I's daughter, was Vicereine of Lombardy-Venetia (my region!), as wife of Archduke Maximilian, Viceroy from 1857 to 1859;
Princess Maria José became Queen of Italy, as wife of King Umberto II;
the then Prince Albert, now King, married Donna Paola Ruffo di Calabria;
Princess Astrid married to the titular Duke of Modena, Archduke Lorenz, who is half italian (his mother was born Princess of Savoy, and his paternal grandmother Empress Zita was italian too);
and among Princess Mathilde's ancestors are the Dukes of Savoy (in XVI century).
Other minor links are between the belgian aristocracy and the italian royalty and aristocracy are:
Princess Lydia of Savoy, Duchess of Genova and of Pistoia, was belgian, born Princess of Arenberg, and step-aunt of Laetitia de Belsunce d'Arenberg, mother of the titular Grand Duke of Tuscany;
Prince Charles d'Arenberg married to Donna Fiammetta dé Frescobaldi-Franceschi-Marinis, from one of the most ancient italian families.

Princess Mathilde and Prince Philippe, Frank De Winne's wife, European
Space Agency (ESA) astronaut Frank De Winne, King Albert II and
Queen Paola pose for a picture before a dinner at the Royal Castle
of Laeken, near Brussels December 18, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom