The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Commoner

queen paola is very elegant i agree. she always looks like the time of person who would be graceful and soft spoken.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Aristocracy

Smile

Do I see it well? It looks if Queen Fabiola and Princess Astrid have the same handbag with them.
And has Queen Paola no handbag with her? I almost can't imagine that she has not.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:25 AM
Aristocracy

scans from old magazines

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...iCalabria1.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...iCalabria2.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...diCalabria.jpg

scans from royals - vorsten etc.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...6falco/ppp.jpg
Old 05-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Majesty

Amazing! What a gorgeous woman! Thanks for posting those pix, Steven-
Old 05-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEN View Post

In a couple of the old photos where the Queen's hair is in a pixie cut very short she resembles a young Mia Farrow-
Old 06-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Commoner

I never thought that any of her children looked like her, but in these pictures i see princess astrid a little bit.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

As posted by Catherine on the Benelux Royals MB:

Quote:
Queen Paola and princess Astrid were present at the Saints Michel et Gudule cathedral in Brussels, for the opening of the exhibition "septiformis - ars in cathedrali".
The exhibition is a gift of the Belgian bishops for 75th birthday of cardinal Godfried Danneels. 7 artists made a piece inspired by a social issue.

PS Astrid's coat = Dries van Noten
Some pictures:

Paola & Astrid 1

Paola & Astrid 2

Paola & Astrid 3

Paola & Astrid 4

Paola & Astrid 5
Old 10-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Great hair of Queen Fabiola in pic 4!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 05:09 PM

Anyone knows in whose honour the concert was? I recognized some of our Olympic athletes. Did it have anything to do with them?
Old 10-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Great hair of Queen Fabiola in pic 4!!!

I just don't understand why her hair doesn't seem to be thinning with age...I am several decades younger and my hair is not nearly as thick!

Her hair seems even thicker now than it was when she was a young woman!

Claire's hairstyle is wonderful, but Laurent should REALLY consider going on a diet for the sake of his health. He has about three chins!
Old 10-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLeana View Post
Anyone knows in whose honour the concert was? I recognized some of our Olympic athletes. Did it have anything to do with them?
The 'Automn Concert', at the Royal Palace in Brussels,
I think the "theme" was sport since there where a lot of belgian athlethes and Jaques Rogge.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I read in Paris Match that Philippe and Mathilde were on holiday with their 4 children.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
I just don't understand why her hair doesn't seem to be thinning with age...I am several decades younger and my hair is not nearly as thick!

Her hair seems even thicker now than it was when she was a young woman!
It's called a wig, I believe...

Though truth to be told, she just has a whole lot of hair, and the way it's styled also gives the impression that her hair isn't thinning. But I swear, sometimes she wears a wig.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLeana View Post
It's called a wig, I believe...

Though truth to be told, she just has a whole lot of hair, and the way it's styled also gives the impression that her hair isn't thinning. But I swear, sometimes she wears a wig.

LOL! Well that makes me feel a LITTLE better..if it is a wig it is well styled enough not to look like one..Fabiola's hairstylist was in a recenty "Royals" magazine and he said he comes to the palace DAILY to do her hair...and she does two or three things at once while having her hair done, always.

I only saw one photo of the queen with a hairpiece, one of the rare occasions when she changed her standard style. It was a formal evening engagement in the Sixties and it was sort of a chignon on top of her own hair. She was wearing the Wolfers Tiara and it looked stunning.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Courtier

Thank you very much for all these beautiful photos.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:32 PM

The King, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire paid tribute to Sister Emanuelle yesterday.
Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3 - Pic 4
(Belga)

Sister Emanuelle was known as the "rag picker of Cairo" (sorry, this is a horribly rough translation, "Voddenraapster van Cairo in Dutch"). She erected schools and medical centers in Cairo, where she lived among the rag pickers and in the same circumstances. Sister Emanuelle was born in 1908 and didn't live to see her 100th birthday: she died last October.
There was a Mass at the St Michel & St Gudule Cathedral in Brussels to commemorate her.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Didn't know where else to post this so here it oes: the VRT has refused to broadcast a radio commercial of HUMO that is making fun of the Royal Family. In the (IMO very lame) commercial a reporter is standing in the palace of Brussels, looking for people intelligent enough to read this weeks issue. He can not find any and Laurent and Philippe are playing hide & seek.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:40 PM

Lame. No other word.

On another note, the new Royal Warrants were issued today.
Among the new "Purveyors to the Royal Household" is the "dog hotel" where Queen Paola's dogs go when she is on a trip abroad.
Even more surprising is the granting of a Royal Warrant to the NMBS-SNCB (National Train company) Apparently, the King and Queen like to travel by train, and they are known to sometimes take the train incognito.

I'm sorry, but I nearly fell from my chair laughing when I heard that. Incognito? Yeah, right...

See here for article and clip in dutch (vrt).

Tags
archduke lorenz, belgian royal family, crown prince phillipe, crown princess mathilde, king albert ii, prince laurent, prince lorenz, princess astrid, princess claire, queen fabiola, queen paola