The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Majesty

I wonder why Queen Fabiola gets more than Philippe? Her Majesty has never come across as an extravagant big spender, even during the time when she was Baudouin's consort as Queen of the Belgians.

Philippe on the other hand lives in the vast Palace of Laeken and has a pregnant wife and three children.

Any ideas?

Old 01-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

It due to inflation that the index changes. In 2007 the total donations were for the amount of 12,5 million€ and this year it is 13,3 million€.

Queen Fabiola recieves such a high amount because of the fact that she recieves every year 28.000€ more donation since king Boudewijn died. Since king Boudewijn died in 1992 queen Fabiola has already recieved 19mlillion€. They aspect that in 2012 she will have more than 25 million€.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
It due to inflation that the index changes. In 2007 the total donations were for the amount of 12,5 million€ and this year it is 13,3 million€.

Queen Fabiola recieves such a high amount because of the fact that she recieves every year 28.000€ more donation since king Boudewijn died. Since king Boudewijn died in 1992 queen Fabiola has already recieved 19mlillion€. They aspect that in 2012 she will have more than 25 million€.

Wow...thanks for the info. I wonder what Her Majesty does with all the $$ other than pay for her staff and the upkeep of Stuyvenberg? She is not really a big spender, never was.

Is the upkeep of Stuyvenberg and it's grounds the responsibility of the Government?
Old 01-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am not sure the upkeep of the palaces have to be payed by the roals themselves. Wouldn't the Dotation Royale take care of that? Or the dotation of the King?
Did Fabiola only get a dotation after her husband died, considering that Queen Paola doesn't have a dotation of her own?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I am not sure the upkeep of the palaces have to be payed by the roals themselves. Wouldn't the Dotation Royale take care of that? Or the dotation of the King?
Did Fabiola only get a dotation after her husband died, considering that Queen Paola doesn't have a dotation of her own?
I read in "Fabiola, La Reine Blanche" by Guy Michelland that she was voted by Parliament to receive a personal dotation only after the death of her husband. While the late King was alive, my understanding is that she did not receive one of her own.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

the royal palace released some information about the expenditure of the dotation of queen Fabiola:
70,24 % of queen Fabiola's dotation goes to staff costs.
5,92 % to travel and visits
5,70% to maintanance
4,69% to energy
source: HLN: Royalty - Zeventig procent van dotatie koningin Fabiola naar personeelskosten (150853)
Old 01-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
the royal palace released some information about the expenditure of the dotation of queen Fabiola:
70,24 % of queen Fabiola's dotation goes to staff costs.
5,92 % to travel and visits
5,70% to maintanance
4,69% to energy
source: HLN: Royalty - Zeventig procent van dotatie koningin Fabiola naar personeelskosten (150853)

Aha! That makes sense....I am sure she is worth every cent! Thanks for the info, stephanie!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Today there was the neawyear reception at the royal palace
Free Image Hosting and Free Picture Hosting - View Image a1.3ce.jpg
Free Image Hosting and Free Picture Hosting - View Image a.006.jpg
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Gallery of PPE
PPE Agency

Old 01-31-2008, 06:39 AM
Courtier

Nice to see all them again. Tanks for these wonderful pictures Trianahope.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery from Getty!
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...%7c0&p=7&tag=1
They all look great!
Old 02-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Courtier

20-02-2008 Laken Princess Mathilde, Prince Filip, King Albert, Queen Paola, Queen Fabiola ,Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attend a mess for the 15th anniversary of the dead of Belgian King Boudewijn in the Notre Dame church in Laken.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
PPE Agency
Old 02-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Majesty

It's hard to believe it's been fifteen years already. King Albert looks well and of course Queen Paola looks elegant and beautiful! Mathilde is beyond radiant, how in the world does she get skin like that?

Queen Fabiola looks great but the light seems to have gone from her eyes...I can't really explain it. Since Baudouin died I have seen her smile and look cheerful, but she hasn't ever appeared truly happy since.

Poor woman.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Aristocracy

Smile cute

Just pity that the child’s face is hidden behind the flowers but, all the same the best picture this event in my opinion: :.ppe-agency-paola
A little person in his/her daily clothes and Queen Paola dressed top-hole trying to make some contact through the bars

Old 02-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Commoner

fabiola and baudouin always looked happy together. at least in the pictures i saw of them together.

(happy birthday amedeo)
Old 02-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalwatcher77 View Post
fabiola and baudouin always looked happy together. at least in the pictures i saw of them together.

(happy birthday amedeo)

I think they are-or were-the ideal Royal couple. They were as sweet and romantic at the end of their lives together as they were at the beginning.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Some more pictures of the royal family at the service
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Old 02-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I was wondering, why are they commemorating this on February 20th as the King died in the summer?
Old 02-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I was wondering, why are they commemorating this on February 20th as the King died in the summer?
Every year their is a ceremony in february because of the fact that every year on the 17th of february we remember all the members of the royal family who died! This year it was specially for king Boudewijn because he died 15 years ago. Every year on the 17th of february the flags in belgium are hanging half.
The choose this day because on the 17 of february 1935 their was a ceremony for king Albert I who diedin an accident in Marche-les-Dames in 1934. After the dead of queen Astrid on the 29th of 1935 they decieded to hold every year a family service in the church of Laken to remember the members of the royal family who died.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Courtier

All Royal Women wore ugly hats!
Queen Paola looked most elegant. Mathilde looks beautiful; but that hat did not do anything for her.

Closed Thread

Tags
archduke lorenz, belgian royal family, crown prince phillipe, crown princess mathilde, king albert ii, prince laurent, prince lorenz, princess astrid, princess claire, queen fabiola, queen paola