The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 07:36 AM
Aristocracy

Yes it is.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Aristocracy

Belgium will be represented to to you to her(it) in mister Boris Eltsine's burial

Old 04-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Royal Highness

Another municpiality has removed portraits of the King and Queen

Again another municipality, this time Lennik (a Flemish municipality 15 km west of Brussels) has decided to remove the state portraits of King Albert II and Queen Paola.

This happened on proposal of the separatistic and anti-monarchistic party Vlaams Belang (Flemish Interest). The proposal was consented by the municipal council with 9 to the yes, 3 to the no and 6 councillors have voted blanco.

Formal reason: no longer the national government but the Flemish government is authorized for the municipalities. Since a few years members of municipal councils also no longer swear loyalty to the King. And also the mayors are no longer appointed by the King but by the Flemish government.

Source: http://www.hbvl.be/nieuws/Binnenland/default.asp?art={AD0A0B81-C12D-4878-834A-770327603CAF}
Old 04-26-2007, 03:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
Again another municipality, this time Lennik (a Flemish municipality 15 km west of Brussels) has decided to remove the state portraits of King Albert II and Queen Paola.

This happened on proposal of the separatistic and anti-monarchistic party Vlaams Belang (Flemish Interest). The proposal was consented by the municipal council with 9 to the yes, 3 to the no and 6 councillors have voted blanco.

Formal reason: no longer the national government but the Flemish government is authorized for the municipalities. Since a few years members of municipal councils also no longer swear loyalty to the King. And also the mayors are no longer appointed by the King but by the Flemish government.

Source: http://www.hbvl.be/nieuws/Binnenland/default.asp?art={AD0A0B81-C12D-4878-834A-770327603CAF}
It looks like a pattern is forming...the whole removing potraits of King Albert and Queen Poala, is it an omen of a bleak future ahead [sorry to sound pessimistic ] or are these just random, once a blue moon events.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:01 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, the pattern can be broken if the Flemish Interest party will lose in the next elections. They peaked during the last ones, but the first cracks seemed to start forming to (in Antwerp they lost for the first time since they were founded).

I find the present attitude in the flemish media towards the monarchy extremely pessimistic. Some of it makes it to the Dutch press to, which reports it in a more dry tone though. Yesterday the book of Mario Danneels was discussed in 'De Telegraaf'. Apparently he uses strong terms, calling Fabiola ' the Spanish witch', among other things. I realy wonder if anybody is standing up to defend their royals in the press. I think it is quite undecent to let the discussion slip down in -what seems to be- name calling.

Gazet van Antwerpen (link provided by Marianne on the Benelux Royals MB).
Old 04-26-2007, 06:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
I find the present attitude in the flemish media towards the monarchy extremely pessimistic. Some of it makes it to the Dutch press to, which reports it in a more dry tone though. Yesterday the book of Mario Danneels was discussed in 'De Telegraaf'. Apparently he uses strong terms, calling Fabiola ' the Spanish witch', among other things. I realy wonder if anybody is standing up to defend their royals in the press. I think it is quite undecent to let the discussion slip down in -what seems to be- name calling.

Gazet van Antwerpen (link provided by Marianne on the Benelux Royals MB).
Right know it looks like no one is supporting them, geez, "the Spanish witch"? I thought she was one of the most highly regarded memebrs of the BRF, was she really hostile towards her half-sister in laws [hated the idea of a King, esp. a Belgian one marrying a commoner]. Is this the same guy that wrote that book on Queen Poala and exposed King Albert's [infidelity/illegitamite child] big secret? Thanks for the link by the way Marengo [just been very busy with school work ].
Old 04-26-2007, 06:13 AM
Administrator

I read the article now and apparently Danneels was quoting Prince Laurent with that remark. According to Danneels sources Fabiola got rid of Prince Karel (uncle of Boudouin), Pincess Lilian and Laurent (D. uses the phrase: she worked them out of the palace. The style of hs book is rather tabloid like and never naming sources.
Whether Fabiola was hostile or not, I don't know, but she seems to have a totally different personality from the flamboyant Laurent or fom the even more flamboyant Marie-Christine, so she probably never was to close to them either. The bad relations between Laurent and Fabiola/Baudouin are common knowledge though. Considering what came out recently about the bahavior of the prince that is hadly surprising.

You are right, it is indeed the same guy who wrote a book abut Paola when he was 18. In that book he was still mild. Also interesting: he claims that Albert hired an exorsist for Laurent.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

Well Mario Danneels hadn't to do much research to find out that Laurent en Marie-Christine are the total opposite of Fabiola, everyone can see that. He just made a 'nice' story of it.

Those statements Danneels is refering to, how could he know? I think the royal family has very loyal servants, who don't sell their stories to the press. I can't imagine how he could report family-affairs correct. If it isn't written down, what is most the case. Then it's someone who heard something from someone else who says he is near to the Royal Family. One word for it: gossip. And there will be a sens of truth in it, but who knows what part...
Old 04-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Administrator

I wonder about that to! I have heard the ' spanish witch' comment several times now, but it seems that one started it and now other just repeat that comment, without checking where it actually came from.

Indeed the book seems verymuch based on gossip. He claims that he got the idea when he read a book about the British royals. I wouldn' t be surprised if that would be Kitty Kelley's book, which also is rather ill-spirited and doesn't value the truth and facts that much.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Courtier

Aren't there any pictures yet?
Old 05-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Aristocracy

Today: solemn Discount(Delivery) of the International Price(Prize) King Baudouin for the Development, to the Palace of Brussels. Still no photos?????
Old 05-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

First pictures,
PPE Agency
BelgaPicture
http://www.isopix.be/isopix.aspx
Old 05-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Commoner

Brussel King Albert, Queen Paola, Queen Fabiola, prince Filip, princess Mathilde, princess Astrid and prince Lorenz attended the ceremony of the International Boudewijnaward for development projects at the palace in Brussel
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Brussel

More photos? PPE Agency
Old 05-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Aristocracy

Lunch offered to the members of the jury of the International Musical Competition Queen Elisabeth of Belgium - Piano 2007, to the Palace of Brussels. Link (Belga.be) BelgaPicture
(Isopix.be) http://www.isopix.be/isopix.aspx
Old 05-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

One more picture of today:

ANP Beeldbank
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 05-30-2007, 07:19 AM
Aristocracy

29/05/2007 : Prince Philippe, Princess Mathilde and Queen Fabiola : Session of finale of the International Musical Competition Queen Elisabeth of Belgium - Piano 2007 to the Palace of the Fine art of Brussels link (Source.be) BelgaPicture
Old 05-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Gallery

London Features International Ltd
Old 05-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Courtier

The pictures are so beautiful.
Mathilde seems very elegant!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Good news! Although in my opinion. Good news! Although in my opinion. Pol Vandendriessche, the editor-in-chief of the Flemish program Royalty is leaving. He had contacts with the CD&V party and in doing so he made an end to his journalistic neutrality. Therefore he can't stay editor-in-chief of a royaltyprogram.
I wasn't a fan of him from the beginning. I think his analyses are to simplistic. He always had a lot of critic, wich I don't agree with. So I'm very happy he's leaving. (And I think Prince Philippe is happy too) From septembre on we can expect a new editor-in-chief, wait and see...
, the editor-in-chief of the Flemish program Royalty is leaving. He had contacts with the CD&V party and in doing so he made an end to his journalistic neutrality. Therefore he can't stay editor-in-chief of a royaltyprogram.
I wasn't a fan of him from the beginning. I think his analyses are to simplistic. He always had a lot of critic, wich I don't agree with. So I'm very happy he's leaving. (And I think Prince Philippe is happy too) From septembre on we can expect a new editor-in-chief, wait and see...
I'am happy to that he is leaving I'am also not a fan of him. When he was on television I thought Ono he go the royal family making bad. I hope that you understand me.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:08 PM
Nobility

It is elegant dress on Princess Mathilde. Queen Fabiola see out now older lady of royal family. She is much elegant dress and beautiful hair!

Closed Thread

Tags
archduke lorenz, belgian royal family, crown prince phillipe, crown princess mathilde, king albert ii, prince laurent, prince lorenz, princess astrid, princess claire, queen fabiola, queen paola