Royal Family of Belgium: Current Events Part 5

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdas1201

Heir Presumptive
City
Houston
Country
United States
I'm very happy mr.Nagant de Deuxchaisnes will leave his post. Since the two years that he is communication advisor, too much things have gone wrong.
Let's hope we can be optimistic towards the future.

Thanks for these Adry! I hope that we see some better quality pics of Their Majesties meeting the Holy Father.

Thanks for the video link, Catherine. How lovely to see everyone again -- I have been missing photos of them.

1. OMG, Gabriel looked so cute all serious in black:p Phillippe and Amedeo as handsome as always and Mathilde and Astrid looked great
2. Why weren't Laurent and Claire with Louise or even the twins there?

And it's unlike Queen Fabiola to miss something like this. I wonder why she didn't go.

Visit to the Pope

I have seen them on tv. Claire and Laurent were not present.What is wrong with their family (and especially the twins) for them not to be present at such an event that doesn't occur every day ...

from fotomarktplatz

Attachments

• audiencepape-2.jpg
    audiencepape-2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 425
  • audiencepape-3.jpg
    audiencepape-3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 403
  • audiencepape.jpg
    audiencepape.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 463
Indeed , Elisabeth and Gabriel are so cute !

Last edited:
Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Today prince Philippe and princess Mathilde and the 3 children (together with the king, queen, Astrid & Lorenz and their children) brought a visit to the pope.

I haven't found any photos yet, but here's a video of them, you can see Mathilde carrying Emmanuel, and in the end also Elisabeth (in white very cute) & Gabriel

(click on:"op audiëntie")

http://www.vrtnieuws.net/nieuwsnet_master/versie2/nieuws/details/060401pausbezoek/index.shtml#
Thanks for the video!!
The children are so cute!!:) :) :)

Many thanks for the information and for the link of the video.

thank you for the video. Emmanuel has grown so big. They're all so cute this children.

I love the Belgium royal family I'am a Belgium citizen and I hope that prince Philippe and princess Mathilde ever king and queen can become. Elisabeth gabriël and Emmanuel are so cute I love them.

I like to give to everyone who is putting effort in this thread, with pictures, video's and other reply's, my greatest thanks and sympathy's... often I pass around in this thread to keep up with the walkabouts of the Belgian royal family. As it is, I'm not much of a participiant in this forum, because I'm more of an observer then a speaker...But this doesn't mean that I don't appriciate the contributions of all members to this forum... So thanks very, very much for all the work and the energy ! Peace :) :) :)

I just saw a wonderful (and long) report on Place Royale of the visit the RF made to the pope on 1st of April. It was really wonderful, especially to get a good view of prince Emmanuel, who's 6 months now and has grown a lot.

Gabriel looked so beautiful, in a little smart suit and being very attentive about all that was going on around him.

The conversation was in French. The king presented everybody to the pope, telling him Elisabeth, Gabriel and Emmanuel's name. Astrid & Lorenz were there with their 5 children who told their name theirselves (apart from Laetitia :)). The pope asked Amedeo what he was studying. he said: management.

Pope Benedict gave a rosery to everyone, Elisabeth started playing with it :)

What's remarkable and also very sweet is that the king also presented his bodyguard (who he called "our gardien angel") and the little princes' nannies to the pope, they looked like part of the family.

Thank you for that report, Catherine. And what a lovely gesture that the king would present people who, in practice, do form a significant part of the family. I'm sure that means alot to those workers and only enhances their respect and hard work for their "principals".

catherine is there a place where we can view this new video online ie. th one from palace royale?

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
What's remarkable and also very sweet is that the king also presented his bodyguard (who he called "our gardien angel") and the little princes' nannies to the pope, they looked like part of the family.

It is the best form of acknowledge all the hard work those people do for the RF, they'll stay loyal forever because they feel like a part of the family not only in private but also in public; besides as a catholic myself the honor of meeting a Pope is something incredible and it's the greatest moment in a catholic person:) :) :) :)

http://actualidad.terra.es/provincias/caceres/articulo/belgica_santa_vera_cruz_833092.htm

The prince inheritor of Belgium is present at the procession of the Holy and Vera Cruz

The Holy Week cacereña had yesterday a visitor of exception: the prince inheritor of Belgium, Philip, who attended the procession of the confraternity of the Holy and Vera Cruz, one of the most traditional and emblematic parades of the city. The prince was accompanied of his wife, Matilde, as well as of his children.
The exit of the procession of the Side Cross, at 20 hours, from San Mateo's church was attended by the inheritor of the Belgian wreath, the major son of the kings, Alberto II and Paola. He was meeting a few friendship in a historical building located opposite to San Mateo, Diego García de Ulloa's House. The procession attended from one the balconies of the house, together with his wife Matilde and a few friends, as well as of his children Gabriel and Elisabeth and other small children.
Part of the public noticed immediately the presence of so illustrious visitors for the frantic activity of the photographers of press who were not stopping aiming at their aims( towards the balcony. The prince did, in turn, photos of the parade procesional and the children greeted smiling at the public in some moment. Apparently, the inheritor of the Belgian wreath moved to Caceres in visit deprived to hunt.
The procession of the confraternity of the Holy one and Vera Cruz, who is of the most ancient, of 1521, changed yesterday the itinerary of the parade and did not go down for the adarves but for Santa Clara, Ovens and Galicians towards the Major Plaza and the return it did it for the adarves. It is one of six processions that this year have changed their habitual routes into different motives, into conditionings of the environment or as way of expressing their devout feelings.

Did anyone notice that Princess Elisabeth was wearing white? Only Catholic queens (presently Sophia of Spain, Paola of Belgium, etc) are allowed to wear white in the presence of the pope. Does anyone know if this rule applies to heirs to the throne (females)?

I believe the rule is they are required to wear black, long sleeves and a veil. Or at least it used to be.

WATERLOO, BELGIUM : Prince Alexandre (C) and his wife Lea (L) and Princess Esmeralda (R) attend the opening of the Leopold III room of the Waterloo Museum, Friday 28 April 2006

from belga

Attachments

• p4240926.jpg
    p4240926.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 185
  • p4240928.jpg
    p4240928.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 199
  • p4240929.jpg
    p4240929.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 180
  • p4240931.jpg
    p4240931.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 190
  • p4241039.jpg
    p4241039.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 247
  • p4241041.jpg
    p4241041.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 258
  • p4241042.jpg
    p4241042.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 209
  • p4241044.jpg
    p4241044.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Leaders of the polical and business world meet in Brussels for a three-day forum of the German Marshall Fund. Here, during a reception at the Royal Palace in Brussels, Saturday April 29, 2006

from yahoo/apa and polfoto

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 302
  • AP771669_guest.jpg
    AP771669_guest.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 306
  • AP771670_guest.jpg
    AP771670_guest.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
A lot of people take the effort to look for photos and put them here, so please, if you want more, do a little effort yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom