Royal Family of Belgium: Current Events Part 4

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathérine Bergeyck said:
At the beginning of this exerpt you can see images of Mathilde in China in that fabulous green gown. You can also see its back side, I had never seen it before. It's cut out quite low, and very beautiful and sexy IMO.

Agreed! I had never seen it before either and was very surprised when the back was shown -- I had imagined it to go straight across the back. Thanks for the reminder and the url about the royalty show.

I had never seen the back of the dress before , now i did, i really like it

The Watcher said:
I'm a little bit worried after reading these two articles:
Expatica (English): http://www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?subchannel_id=24&story_id=27263&name=King+may+lose+legal+mightin+constitutional+revamp
Nieuwsblad (Dutch): http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/Detail.aspx?articleID=GRJNK9SQ

Are it just rumours or do they really want that Phillipe will have no power.

I read somewhere a while ago that some politicians would rather see Princess Astrid become queen rather than her brother. I don't know if there's any truth to it but its what I read.

i heard that to, could be true, i have no idea why they would like Astrid instead

The royal dotations for 2006 (information from dhnet.be)

Prince Philippe : 887.696,28 € (payed out by trimester, this goes for everyone)

Princess Astrid : 307.064,76 €

Prince Laurent : 295.170,12 €

queen Fabiola : 1.387.147,48 €

King Albert receives a dotation that's of course higher, he receives 6.048.602 €

The money they receive is not a salary, they use it for the organisation of state visits and other visits, to pay their staff, for the maintenance and restauration of the royal buildings, furniture and cars, the electricity, gass and heating bill, insurance etc.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
The royal dotations for 2006 (information from dhnet.be)

Prince Philippe : 887.696,28 € (payed out by trimester, this goes for everyone)

Princess Astrid : 307.064,76 €

Prince Laurent : 295.170,12 €

queen Fabiola : 1.387.147,48 €

King Albert receives a dotation that's of course higher, he receives 6.048.602 €

The money they receive is not a salary, they use it for the organisation of state visits and other visits, to pay their staff, for the maintenance and restauration of the royal buildings, furniture and cars, the electricity, gass and heating bill, insurance etc.

By trimester? :eek: :eek: :eek: Wow! Would like to be a royal myself! ;)
Martin:)

does anyone know how much of that money is spent on living (cars, state visits, bills and what not) and how much is just excess cash?

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
I mean the amount that I indicated is divided by 3 and payed out in 3 trimesters...
I'm sorry, Cathèrine. I understood that it had to be multiplied!
All the same, the heating bill for the King's palace must be quite something, mustn't it? ;)
But what happens with royals that do not live in palaces? I think Laurent doesn't.
Cheers! :) And thank you for clarifying!
Martin

King Kong said:
All the same, the heating bill for the King's palace must be quite something, mustn't it? ;)
But what happens with royals that do not live in palaces? I think Laurent doesn't.
Cheers! :) And thank you for clarifying!
Martin
Hello Martin,
LOL :D :D
Royals who do not live in palaces have more money for themselves then. And are probably warmer in Winter too! :p :D
Alex

alejandro_sk said:
Hello Martin,
LOL :D :D
Royals who do not live in palaces have more money for themselves then. And are probably warmer in Winter too! :p :D
Alex
Very funny, young one! :D :D :D
(BTW hope you're young ;) )
Martin :)

The thread has now reached 10 pages. Time to start a new thread here. Thanks to everyone who took the time to participate articles and pictures (to keep us all updated) upon the activities of the Belgian Royal Family.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom