I don't know if this qualifies as news, but the Final Jeopardy question today asked what two European monarchs share the same name and number.
Sadly, none of the contestants guessed correctly (One of them said Beatrix VII!)
Of course, the answer was Albert II.
1. New year's reception at the royal palace for the ambassadors and diplomats. You can see everone shakes hands, except the Iranian ambassador, who only nods at Mathilde and Paola, he is not allowed to touch women!
2. Philippe & Mathilde visit Crédal, followed by a visit to the carpter's workshop Apides
3. Prince Philippe visits the European motor show in Brussels. A day later prince Laurent is there as well. A funny part is where he tries to explain to the press that he's there to support Febiac, and not to open a stand. A reporter who seems to have understood it gets 3 kisses!
4. Remembrance mass for Joséphine-Charlotte in Brussels and in Luxemburg.
5. Foreign news : baptism of infanta Leonor.
Bekijk deel 2:
1. foreign news : prince William at Sandhurst
2. Short foreign news : queen Beatrix released from hospital, Prince Willem-Alexander vists the delta works with an American delegation, princess Ingrid Alexandra goes to kindergarten, new years wishes in Japan
3. royal protocol : how to address the members of the RF? Lots of funny images of people doing it wrong :)
WOW! What a fantastic link, Catherine. It adds so much to see videos where they interact with people and talk as opposed to the still photos where you have to imagine what goes on from photo to photo! Thanks so much.
Belgian Princess Mathilde (L) talks with European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso (C) and his wife Sousa Uva (R) during a traditional new year reception for European institutions at the Brussels Royal Palace on January 25, 2006.
#1-2 King Albert II of Belgium chats with EU Commission Chairman Jose Manuel Barroso 25 January 2006 during a New Year reception for the representatives of the European Union at the royal palace in Brussels.
#3 King Albert II (L) of Belgium chats with European Parliament President Josep Borrell
#4 King Albert II (L) of Belgium chats with EU development commissioner Louis Michel