Royal Family of Belgium: Current Events Part 4

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Philippe & Mathilde, from getty

there were definitely some tender moments there.. as always..

Attachments

• preview5.jpg
    preview5.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 327
  • preview6.jpg
    preview6.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 305
  • preview12.jpg
    preview12.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 248
  • preview13.jpg
    preview13.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 307
  • preview14.jpg
    preview14.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 298
  • preview17.jpg
    preview17.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 339
  • preview18.jpg
    preview18.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 239
  • preview21.jpg
    preview21.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 318
  • preview22.jpg
    preview22.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 215
  • preview23.jpg
    preview23.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 301
two more from Isopix

Attachments

• preview34.jpg
    preview34.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 326
  • preview24.jpg
    preview24.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 347
I had a look at the official web site yesterday, but it didn't say anything about this event. So what a pleasant surprise to find.:) Thank you to everyone for the lovely pictures.:) It's great that there are so many pictures, and also so many pictures of the royal family from this month. But it's going to be really hard choosing just 1 picture for 'the Picture of the Month Poll'.;)

Hannelore said:
I love this one : http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=ba70e_56665692.jpg

They always look like such a solid couple!

Mathilde's hair looks gorgeous. If I was in her shoes I'd go to the hairdresser ever day (what a dream...)

Yes, they do look like a solid couple -- lots of communication in this couple! I also love her hairdo. Hannelore and Jelka, the photos really enable us to see it. It looks as though she has a small "French braid" (as we call it here) at the top and then lots of curls underneath! She looks very, very elegant -- I hope it's a "repeater"!!

In post #66, who is the couple the Duchess is talking with in photos 8, 9 and 10? Does anyone know?

He is EU Commission Chairman Jose Manuel Barroso with his wife.
see post #61, Emily...

I believe these receptions are only anounced on the day they take place (don't knwo why). A 4th and last is still to come, for the Belgian government.

Mathilde really looks lovely and I adore the hair! Wish I could do my hair (it's about the same lenght as Mathilde's) like that myself. Sigh. If only I were royal with a personal hairdresser... ;)

Thanks for the pictures everyone. :)

I agree, Maxie.:) Mathilde looks lovels. Thank you for posting.;)

I'm prout of our princess Mathilde and prince Philipe to!
I love our royal family!

Thank you for the posts

Thank you so much to those of you have posted photos of recent - they are wonderful.:)
Leanne

Philippe : "Do you know what Emmanuel did today?"
Mathilde : (smiling) "ooh.. it can't be that bad.. i mean it's not somehing Gabriel haven't done, right?"

purple_platinum said:
Philippe : "Do you know what Emmanuel did today?"
Mathilde : (smiling) "ooh.. it can't be that bad.. i mean it's not somehing Gabriel haven't done, right?"

Phillippe: Elisabeth got a hold of the tiaras and put them on Gabriel AGAIN
Mathilde: *smiling* She's showing the boys who's the boss:D

New episode of Royalty:

http://www.vtm.be/tv/index_programma_royalty_multimedia.htm

First part:

1. New years reception at the palace for the representatives of Nato and Shape

2. Prince Philippe paying his respects in Kuweit

3. Prince Laurent and princess Claire at the conference "Rail meets Road" at the European Motor Show

4. Princess Mathilde's sister Elisabeth is engaged to Alfonso Pallavicini. she's alot prettier in real (or on video) than on photos IMO.

5. Queen Paola and prince Joachim visit Panamarenko's retrospective. Panamarenko's wife asked the queen whether they would conduct the tour in Dutch (Paola's Dutch is very poor). She said "Yes yes, I'll try to do my best". According to the artist the queen was pleased but surprised by how many works are exposed, and probably glad when it was over. :) He also suspects one of his works will be bought by the palace.

6. The baptism of prince Christian of Denmark. His 120 years old baptism dress was made in Belgium from Belgian lace.

Second part:

1. When will prince Charles's reign begin?

2. Edwin De Roy Van Zuydewijn, ex-husband of princess Margarita of Holland plans to publish a book.

3. royal etiquette : what to wear when you're invited by the king?

Last edited:
Cathérine Bergeyck said:
2. Edwin De Roy Van Zuydewijn, ex-husband of princess Margarita of Holland plans to publish a book.

When is this guy going to stop embarrasing the DRF?:mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh I don't think you have to worry much about Van Zuydewijn. The Dutch people know by now that he is just telling lies to attract attention. As in the reportage is said, in the past he has already said some silly things.

I thought the footage of the three d'Udekom d'Acoz sisters was wonderful. What beautiful women and their movements are so subtle. Can anyone get screencaps of this segment? I tried and had no success.

Here are the long expected pictures of Albert, Paola, philippe and Mathilde on holiday in Portofino (Italy). Chris scanned them from Royals.

Thanks for the pictures Catherine!

I bet the paparazzi are jealous of King Albert's camera in this picture! Is the King an avid photographer by the way?

I have always been partial to Mathilde's fashion sense, but I detest her pants in this picture. Paisley-patterned pants aren't quite the subtle fashion statement I'm used to her making.

Catherine, thank you so much for these pictures - I have been hoping someone would post more of them. The colors of the buildings in the port are just beautiful -- so typically Italian. I wonder if they actually escaped the cold? It looks like they are quite bundled up.

Is the house that KA and AP own near Portofino? I can't recall the name of the town the house is in. Again, thank you for the photos.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Here are the long expected pictures of Albert, Paola, philippe and Mathilde on holiday in Portofino (Italy). Chris scanned them from Royals.

thank u for these scans, catherine.. very lovely...
Emmanuel must be really comfy in that blue wrap. where were Elisabeth & Gabriel?
btw, when will the next royal family's annual photo session at laeken take place? is it known yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom