The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nicolas looks a lot like Louise did, while Aymeric looks very different. So no identical twins. They're both chubby little fellows, and Aymeric was smiling a lot in the footage. It was great seeing them, they were shown for quite a long time in Laurent & Claire's home and garden together with their parents and Louise.

Old 06-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Gentry

I saw the broadcast too! I had seen someone posting a message that it was announced footage for tonights episode. But I didn't know what to think of it.
I was really happy seeing the twins, because there is absolutly nothing wrong with the twins! They both look like normal baby's of their age.
Louise was seen kissing and hugging the twins and seems very happy with both her brothers. I can't wait to see official pictures.

Old 06-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Serene Highness

Is there anyway to post screencaps? I have been so interested to see the twins and am relieved to know they look like two healthy little boys should!
Old 06-25-2006, 06:40 AM
Courtier

I wonder if this scoop has the consent of the court. They always try very hard not to prefer one language group (= the Francophones or the Dutch speaking people) and all the last interviews or documentaries were made in both languages – which is quite logical and necessary. And now the first outing of the twins takes place in a royalty magazine aired by a commercial francophone telestation? It´s like excluding the other part. I don´t think Laurent has the duty to present his children to anybody but the way he handled the whole situation wasn´t very clever imo. Why not hand out some photos for every body and then it´s done, instead of realizing a homestory in Place Royale?
Btw. Nice to hear that the twins are doing fine – this remains the most important.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09
We Will See The Twins Today On 24th Of June On 'place Royale" On Rtl Tvi Television
Don't you mean 23th of June??
You can find the show of the 23th of June online at http://www.rtl.lu/tele/videoarchiv/i...s&limitStart=0

(Sorry if you did mean the 24th of June)
Old 06-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Courtier

i cant see them in that show. are you sure its the real one?
Old 06-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn
Don't you mean 23th of June??
You can find the show of the 23th of June online at http://www.rtl.lu/tele/videoarchiv/i...s&limitStart=0

(Sorry if you did mean the 24th of June)

i cant see anything at all about the two princes in that show. can someone pls help me bacause i cant understand french or dutch
Old 06-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Royal Highness

How cute! I know they were premies so it is very good that they appear healthy. I forget, how old are the now?
Old 06-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Courtier

The link directs to Place Royale at RTL Luxembourg. The Belgian version with the feature about the twins isn´t online.
The twins are six and a half month old (*13/12/2005).
Old 06-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Courtier

So, is this the correct link?

www.one.org
Old 06-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathilde1286
So, is this the correct link?
As Johann said, the link supplied is the "Place Royal" for Luxembourg, not for Belgium. I don't even think there is a link for the Belgian show, so there are no videos. I don't know if there will be something on the VTM show "Royalty".

Anyway, this is all we have so far, so we must be patient. As soon as links/photos/information is made available, it will be posted.

Old 06-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Aristocracy

Today I read in 'de standaard' (a belgian newspaper) that Louise is not going to the Britisch school in Tervuren because there is no place for the little princess anymore. Prince Laurent and Princess Claire where to late with the application (I don't know if that's the right word).
Old 06-26-2006, 08:10 AM

here is a link to a Flemish article with a picture of the twins, taken from a tvscreen. In the Dutch speaking part of Belgium, a lot of newspapers are not happy with the fact that laurent singled the French television out for this scoop, and i must say, as a dutch speaking Belgian, it is not helping tensions in the country...

http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Deta...kelid=G0GU60SN
Old 06-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroverstr
here is a link to a Flemish article with a picture of the twins, taken from a tvscreen. In the Dutch speaking part of Belgium, a lot of newspapers are not happy with the fact that laurent singled the French television out for this scoop, and i must say, as a dutch speaking Belgian, it is not helping tensions in the country...

http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Deta...kelid=G0GU60SN
It was so predictable that this would cause legitimate criticism. I ask myself, if Laurent is looking for trouble. And I still can’t believe that the court has given its consent to this home story. This contradicts their policy of equal treatment. Maybe Laurent just didn’t ask anyone. At any rate, he was not well advised to do this – the way he handled the “outing” of the twins was the least clever. To prefer one language-group is apparently something that doesn’t work in a bi-lingual country.
So I would not be surprised if the whole royal family (e.g. Philippe and Mathilde on their trade-mission to Russia) has to pay for this behaviour.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroverstr

http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Detail.aspx?artikelid=G0GU60SN
It is kind of odd how they decided to present the twins. Isn't it common practice to just release a few official photos or have a photo op for all the press as Alexander and Maxima of the Netherlands did last year with Alexia and Amalia? Anyone know why they decided to present the twins this way.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:56 PM

Well, it is no secret that Laurent likes "Place Royal", a program on royals on the French speaking television RTL-TVI. Anne Quévrin, the presenter, is now a personal friend of Laurent and after a couple of reports on the flemish version of the program 'Royals' on VTM, he completely turned against the Flemish reporters on that program. I can't remember what it was, but it was clear that Laurent was 'not amused' and refused to talk to those reporters.

Some French speaking newspapers found it odd aswel that the twins should be presented only to the frenchspeaking part of the country.

One newspaper (La Libre belgique) suggested that Anne Quévrin was furious when a flemish tvchannel ( Canvas) made a high profile documentary on our Queen, "The voice of the Queen" because she finds that she must have the inside scoop on everything on the royal family. The documentary was made by the flemish public channel. The queen was not interviewed (because the court does not allow that) but she was followed when she visited a friend in Italy, when she was speaking with Dutch and french speaking friends.

it was a very nice documentary and the court asked that it would be diffused in Wallonia aswel, so the public tv channel in Wallonia aired the documentary on the same time as the flemish channel. But it was on the public channels, canvas and RTBF, not on the private tv channels VTM and RtI-TVI, the latter, as we know, being the channel Anne Quévrin works for.

Here is the link:
http://www.lalibre.be/article.phtml?...&art_id=293729
Old 06-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabetteke
Today I read in 'de standaard' (a belgian newspaper) that Louise is not going to the Britisch school in Tervuren because there is no place for the little princess anymore. Prince Laurent and Princess Claire where to late with the application (I don't know if that's the right word).
I guess this is where royals don't get special treatment. It's a shame that Louise won't be going to the British school in Tervuren if that's where Laurent and Claire wanted her to go. I don't blame them being late with the application; I'm sure with twins both Claire and Laurent are kind of busy right now. Does anybody know what school she will be attending then?
Old 06-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Aristocracy

I don't know if this picture has been posted before, but it's so cute, I must posted it! (L)

http://www.allthingsroyal.nl/forum/i...e=post&id=4503
Old 06-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Cute indeed. She has Claire's eyes, without any doubts!

Old 06-27-2006, 06:21 PM
Gentry

It was in "Het Nieuwsblad" today or yesterday that the palace stated that Laurent had made the arrangements himself without help or advice of the palace. If the palace had been involved things might have been different. It was purely a private decission by Laurent and Claire and they are the only ones that could make such a decission.

It was also stated that Laurent indeed knows Anne Quévrin personally and therefore decided to give her the scoop of the princes. I wasn't surprised when on Sunday the episode of "Royalty" on VTM didn't say anything about it. I knew that Laurent was angry with them for more then one reason. They sometimes make hurtfull comments about him or even "forget" about broadcasting any of his official appointments even if it means they have nothing on the Belgian royal family at all or they just make their footage as short as possible just to fill the gabs between greater events.

I'm Flemish myself and it really doesn't bother me who got the scoop and why, I'm just glad I was able to see some footage of the twins.

Tags
aymeric, louise (2004-), nicholas, prince aymeric, prince nicholas, princess louise