The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Smile "Out of the spotlight" ?

I agree they don't want to put them in the spotlight but it is putting them in the spotlight to supply the press and the Belgian people (who love Laurent et Claire" with a pic when the twins have gained a little weight ????
We only ask for a little pic !

Old 05-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Nobility

I agree with you Stellad, but the twins are now almost six months old and still no pictures have been released...the longer they leave it, the more people will speculate.

Lady Louise was premature too, and her parents waited something like two months to release official portraits, once she had gained a bit of weight. I wonder why Laurent and Claire are waiting so long - I hope everything is okay with the little ones?

Old 05-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

but i knew that Laurent and Claire always smart of their twins baby boys stay out of spotlights because not wanted steal the spotlights its really hards for that.

like Sophie,Countess of Wessex always knew about her daughter wanted stay out of spotlight dues respect her i cant blame her mostly parents who is royals wanted show or not cant blame for that.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Courtier

Pictures are always at the discretion of the parents. Laurent and Claire are under no obligation to release pictures of their children to the public unless they want to. The best we can do is hope for pictures to satisfy our curiosities but at the end of the day, it's up to Laurent and Claire. Plus, the twins were in a shaky situation after birth and twin births are always high risk. I don't blame them to want to shelter and coddle their twins first without presenting them to the public yet.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Royal Highness

Laurent said a week ago they would release pics soon: they had some "misery" with the babies but now everything was ok and Claire agrees to show pics.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichola
I agree with you Stellad, but the twins are now almost six months old and still no pictures have been released...the longer they leave it, the more people will speculate.

Lady Louise was premature too, and her parents waited something like two months to release official portraits, once she had gained a bit of weight. I wonder why Laurent and Claire are waiting so long - I hope everything is okay with the little ones?
Maybe they are waiting for some official holiday or something- a special occasion to release pictures. Didn't they release pictures of Lady Louise at Christmas or her baptism.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 06-06-2006, 04:54 AM
Gentry

I wouldn't be surprised if they did have a rough time... Don't forget that besides the twins they have little Louise running around. And two-year old's aren't exactly the easiest years! They aren't called the "Terrible Two's" for nothing!

Also, during the broadcast of "Royalty" on the Flemish television in the weekend they showed Prince Laurent visiting a school. It was also mentioned that little Louise was allready enrolled at that school. As she was born in February 2004 she can start school as early as September 2006 at the age of 2,5 years old. Children starting nursery school have to be potty trained. So that's something else they have to deal with. But besides the potty training they also have to prepare their daughter for school life, by visiting the school or even plan in a try-out morning/afternoon where Louise will spend a morning or afternoon in the classroom playing and getting to know the routine of that school. Other preparations might include buying her her first bookbag (a little rucksack for some comfort toy's, some clean clothers in case of an accident, a biscuit for morning break and a small drink).

In the same programme there was some footage of Prince Laurent baptizing a rose which carried the name of his wife Princess Claire. He was asked by some spectators how the twins were doing (fine, but princess Claire had prefered to stay with her kids rather than baptizing the flower herself). He was also asked about a photoshoot, but he said they were still discussing it.

It's up to the parents to decide when they want to publish pictures of their boys, so we'll just have to wait and see...
Old 06-09-2006, 01:17 PM

I've just read in a Belgian newspaper that Louise will be attending a private school - The British School - this isn't the traditional 'royal' way. If she does her whole schooling at this school, this means she won't have any Dutch classes .... Are the Belgian schools not good enough for Louise ?
The article also says the couple and their daughter are currently on vacation in Sicily ; no mention of the twins.

"La fille du prince Laurent n’y aura, par exemple, pas de cours de néerlandais. Shocking ?

TERVUREN Il est de tradition, au sein de la famille royale belge, d’inscrire les petits Princes dans une école publique belge pour les premières années de leur scolarité. Élisabeth fréquente ainsi le collège catholique Sint-Jan Berchmans, à Bruxelles, et son petit frère Gabriel la rejoindra en septembre. Les enfants d’Astrid y sont également passés et certains encore inscrits comme élèves. Maria-Laura, bientôt 19 ans, est, elle, désormais inscrite à l’école internationale St John’s à Waterloo. Mais jusqu’ici, personne n’a dérogé à la règle de l’enseignement traditionnel bien belge pour débuter le cursus scolaire.

Personne… sauf Laurent de Belgique, qui confirme décidément sa réputation d’enfant terrible de la famille royale. Celui qui refuse toujours de livrer la moindre photo de ses jumeaux, nés en décembre, a en effet décidé d’inscrire la petite Louise, deux ans et demi en septembre, au jardin d’enfants de la British School of Brussels. Il s’agit d’une école privée anglaise, à Tervuren. On imagine que les origines britanniques de la princesse Claire ne sont pas étrangères à ce choix, mais la décision est étonnante à plus d’un titre : le Prince, qui reçoit une dotation de 280.000 € par an environ, jugerait-il l’enseignement belge moins bon pour sa fille ? “Le choix des Princes concernant la préscolarité (non obligatoire) de leur fille tient compte de multiples facteurs personnels”, dit-on au Palais, sans autre commentaire.

A la British School, où la langue de référence est exclusivement celle de Shakespeare, le droit d’inscription, rien que pour le jardin d’enfants (une demi-journée) est fixé à 5.000 €. Rien de tel dans le réseau officiel belge, évidemment. Et, par la suite, l’inscription peut aller jusqu’à 23.500 € dans les années supérieures !

Le Prince, actuellement en vacances en Sicile avec son épouse et Louise, n’était pas joignable hier. On notera par ailleurs que si la petite princesse de Belgique poursuit sa scolarité à la British School, elle n’étudiera pas le néerlandais puisque des cours dans cette langue n’y sont pas dispensés, à l’inverse du français et de l’espagnol."

www.dhnet.be
Old 06-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

In my newspaper I road that the twins were home with the nanny, while Laurent , Claire and Louise were on vacation in Italy
Old 06-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Aristocracy

What a silly article. The princes live in Tervueren, the Britisch School is just a quality school nearby. I gues Louise speaks french with her parents, but already is learning dutch with her nanny. By sending her to a Britisch School, she won't have a french accent speaking English later, 'cause she is very young to learn.
I think her father knows well enough how important it is in Belgium to speek well Dutch.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree, and Louise is half British after all, that's not less important than the other, Belgian, half.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Aristocracy

I think also that they just sending Louise to this british school , so she can learn also english , as she is half british . She has a dutch nanny , so she also speaks dutch . I don't think you have to make a point of that.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Aristocracy

I hope this learning 3 languages at the same time, will not become too much for princess Louise.
Learning 3 language at the same time can be very confusing for a child and you have to be carefull with that.
But if you do it the right way everything will be fine and she will have a lot of advantages of it in her later life.
I wich Louise all the best!
Old 06-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabetteke
I hope this learning 3 languages at the same time, will not become too much for princess Louise.
Learning 3 language at the same time can be very confusing for a child and you have to be carefull with that.
But if you do it the right way everything will be fine and she will have a lot of advantages of it in her later life.
I wich Louise all the best!
When people are children, they pick up things, especially languages, much faster than any other time in their life. Learning three languages will not be a big challenge for her. I know a family where the husband is Spanish and the wife is French. The children learnt to speak French to their mother, and Spanish to their father, and used English for everyone else. I guess this is what will happen with Louise.

Old 06-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
When people are children, they pick up things, especially languages, much faster than any other time in their life. Learning three languages will not be a big challenge for her. I know a family where the husband is Spanish and the wife is French. The children learnt to speak French to their mother, and Spanish to their father, and used English for everyone else. I guess this is what will happen with Louise.
that's true. kid's pick up things very quickly. i could speak fluently in chinese, italian and english beacuse i learnt them at a young age. i was surroneded by family who could speak it and developed an accent accustomed to the tone that they were speaking in. now i'm older i'm learning german and it's taking me a while to understand the grammar (i got a B in my German Exam, just started learning this year, hope to be put into the mainstream class nxt yr) and the prnounciation is a bit difficult. just, GOOD LUCK LOUISE. dutch is pretty hard to learn and by the sound of pple and news reports from belgium, they will eat her alive if she can not speak it well ( abit, over the top, sorry :p ).
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOUISE
Old 06-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
Learning three languages at the same time for a young child is not a problem indeed. My two sons spoke French and Dutch at home when they grew up and they were attending an American school. They are now grown up and have no accents whatsoever in any of those languages.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:10 AM
Royal Highness

I read in another forum that the couple wanted 2 show off ther twins. This was a while ago and still we hav seen nothing. Im beginnin to wonder is ther problems in the home. I hope not cos i think dey make a wonderfull family
Old 06-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

We Will See The Twins Today On 24th Of June On 'place Royale" On Rtl Tvi Television
Old 06-24-2006, 09:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09
We Will See The Twins Today On 24th Of June On 'place Royale" On Rtl Tvi Television
will it be available to see it online? if so please post a link.
thankyou so much in advance :)
Old 06-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Aristocracy

I have seen the twins on television. They are so cute and they look beautiful. Princess Louise is very cute too. I have been looking if you can watch it on the internet but I haven't found anything not even a picture.
I hope this will change soon so that everybody around the world can see them.

Tags
aymeric, louise (2004-), nicholas, prince aymeric, prince nicholas, princess louise