Princess Louise and Princes Nicolas and Aymeric - News and Pictures 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think also that they just sending Louise to this british school , so she can learn also english , as she is half british . She has a dutch nanny , so she also speaks dutch . I don't think you have to make a point of that.

I hope this learning 3 languages at the same time, will not become too much for princess Louise.
Learning 3 language at the same time can be very confusing for a child and you have to be carefull with that.
But if you do it the right way everything will be fine and she will have a lot of advantages of it in her later life.
I wich Louise all the best!

elisabetteke said:
I hope this learning 3 languages at the same time, will not become too much for princess Louise.
Learning 3 language at the same time can be very confusing for a child and you have to be carefull with that.
But if you do it the right way everything will be fine and she will have a lot of advantages of it in her later life.
I wich Louise all the best!
When people are children, they pick up things, especially languages, much faster than any other time in their life. Learning three languages will not be a big challenge for her. I know a family where the husband is Spanish and the wife is French. The children learnt to speak French to their mother, and Spanish to their father, and used English for everyone else. I guess this is what will happen with Louise.

Danielle said:
When people are children, they pick up things, especially languages, much faster than any other time in their life. Learning three languages will not be a big challenge for her. I know a family where the husband is Spanish and the wife is French. The children learnt to speak French to their mother, and Spanish to their father, and used English for everyone else. I guess this is what will happen with Louise.

that's true. kid's pick up things very quickly. i could speak fluently in chinese, italian and english beacuse i learnt them at a young age. i was surroneded by family who could speak it and developed an accent accustomed to the tone that they were speaking in. now i'm older i'm learning german and it's taking me a while to understand the grammar (i got a B in my German Exam, just started learning this year, hope to be put into the mainstream class nxt yr) and the prnounciation is a bit difficult. just, GOOD LUCK LOUISE. dutch is pretty hard to learn and by the sound of pple and news reports from belgium, they will eat her alive if she can not speak it well ( abit, over the top, sorry :rolleyes: ;) :p ).
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOUISE

Danielle said:

Learning three languages at the same time for a young child is not a problem indeed. My two sons spoke French and Dutch at home when they grew up and they were attending an American school. They are now grown up and have no accents whatsoever in any of those languages.

I read in another forum that the couple wanted 2 show off ther twins. This was a while ago and still we hav seen nothing. Im beginnin to wonder is ther problems in the home. I hope not cos i think dey make a wonderfull family

We Will See The Twins Today On 24th Of June On 'place Royale" On Rtl Tvi Television

rominet09 said:
We Will See The Twins Today On 24th Of June On 'place Royale" On Rtl Tvi Television
will it be available to see it online? if so please post a link.
thankyou so much in advance :) :D

I have seen the twins on television. They are so cute and they look beautiful. Princess Louise is very cute too. I have been looking if you can watch it on the internet but I haven't found anything not even a picture.
I hope this will change soon so that everybody around the world can see them.

Nicolas looks a lot like Louise did, while Aymeric looks very different. So no identical twins. They're both chubby little fellows, and Aymeric was smiling a lot in the footage. It was great seeing them, they were shown for quite a long time in Laurent & Claire's home and garden together with their parents and Louise.

I saw the broadcast too! I had seen someone posting a message that it was announced footage for tonights episode. But I didn't know what to think of it.
I was really happy seeing the twins, because there is absolutly nothing wrong with the twins! They both look like normal baby's of their age.
Louise was seen kissing and hugging the twins and seems very happy with both her brothers. I can't wait to see official pictures.

Is there anyway to post screencaps? I have been so interested to see the twins and am relieved to know they look like two healthy little boys should!

I wonder if this scoop has the consent of the court. They always try very hard not to prefer one language group (= the Francophones or the Dutch speaking people) and all the last interviews or documentaries were made in both languages – which is quite logical and necessary. And now the first outing of the twins takes place in a royalty magazine aired by a commercial francophone telestation? It´s like excluding the other part. I don´t think Laurent has the duty to present his children to anybody but the way he handled the whole situation wasn´t very clever imo. Why not hand out some photos for every body and then it´s done, instead of realizing a homestory in Place Royale?
Btw. Nice to hear that the twins are doing fine – this remains the most important.

i cant see them in that show. are you sure its the real one?

How cute! I know they were premies so it is very good that they appear healthy. I forget, how old are the now?

The link directs to Place Royale at RTL Luxembourg. The Belgian version with the feature about the twins isn´t online.
The twins are six and a half month old (*13/12/2005).

Mathilde1286 said:
So, is this the correct link?
As Johann said, the link supplied is the "Place Royal" for Luxembourg, not for Belgium. I don't even think there is a link for the Belgian show, so there are no videos. I don't know if there will be something on the VTM show "Royalty".

Anyway, this is all we have so far, so we must be patient. As soon as links/photos/information is made available, it will be posted.

Today I read in 'de standaard' (a belgian newspaper) that Louise is not going to the Britisch school in Tervuren because there is no place for the little princess anymore. Prince Laurent and Princess Claire where to late with the application (I don't know if that's the right word).

here is a link to a Flemish article with a picture of the twins, taken from a tvscreen. In the Dutch speaking part of Belgium, a lot of newspapers are not happy with the fact that laurent singled the French television out for this scoop, and i must say, as a dutch speaking Belgian, it is not helping tensions in the country...

http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Detail.aspx?artikelid=G0GU60SN

Caroverstr said:
here is a link to a Flemish article with a picture of the twins, taken from a tvscreen. In the Dutch speaking part of Belgium, a lot of newspapers are not happy with the fact that laurent singled the French television out for this scoop, and i must say, as a dutch speaking Belgian, it is not helping tensions in the country...

It was so predictable that this would cause legitimate criticism. I ask myself, if Laurent is looking for trouble. And I still can’t believe that the court has given its consent to this home story. This contradicts their policy of equal treatment. Maybe Laurent just didn’t ask anyone. At any rate, he was not well advised to do this – the way he handled the “outing” of the twins was the least clever. To prefer one language-group is apparently something that doesn’t work in a bi-lingual country.
So I would not be surprised if the whole royal family (e.g. Philippe and Mathilde on their trade-mission to Russia) has to pay for this behaviour.

Caroverstr said:

It is kind of odd how they decided to present the twins. Isn't it common practice to just release a few official photos or have a photo op for all the press as Alexander and Maxima of the Netherlands did last year with Alexia and Amalia? Anyone know why they decided to present the twins this way.

Well, it is no secret that Laurent likes "Place Royal", a program on royals on the French speaking television RTL-TVI. Anne Quévrin, the presenter, is now a personal friend of Laurent and after a couple of reports on the flemish version of the program 'Royals' on VTM, he completely turned against the Flemish reporters on that program. I can't remember what it was, but it was clear that Laurent was 'not amused' and refused to talk to those reporters.

Some French speaking newspapers found it odd aswel that the twins should be presented only to the frenchspeaking part of the country.

One newspaper (La Libre belgique) suggested that Anne Quévrin was furious when a flemish tvchannel ( Canvas) made a high profile documentary on our Queen, "The voice of the Queen" because she finds that she must have the inside scoop on everything on the royal family. The documentary was made by the flemish public channel. The queen was not interviewed (because the court does not allow that) but she was followed when she visited a friend in Italy, when she was speaking with Dutch and french speaking friends.

it was a very nice documentary and the court asked that it would be diffused in Wallonia aswel, so the public tv channel in Wallonia aired the documentary on the same time as the flemish channel. But it was on the public channels, canvas and RTBF, not on the private tv channels VTM and RtI-TVI, the latter, as we know, being the channel Anne Quévrin works for.

Here is the link:
http://www.lalibre.be/article.phtml?id=10&subid=90&art_id=293729

elisabetteke said:
Today I read in 'de standaard' (a belgian newspaper) that Louise is not going to the Britisch school in Tervuren because there is no place for the little princess anymore. Prince Laurent and Princess Claire where to late with the application (I don't know if that's the right word).

I guess this is where royals don't get special treatment. It's a shame that Louise won't be going to the British school in Tervuren if that's where Laurent and Claire wanted her to go. I don't blame them being late with the application; I'm sure with twins both Claire and Laurent are kind of busy right now. Does anybody know what school she will be attending then?

It was in "Het Nieuwsblad" today or yesterday that the palace stated that Laurent had made the arrangements himself without help or advice of the palace. If the palace had been involved things might have been different. It was purely a private decission by Laurent and Claire and they are the only ones that could make such a decission.

It was also stated that Laurent indeed knows Anne Quévrin personally and therefore decided to give her the scoop of the princes. I wasn't surprised when on Sunday the episode of "Royalty" on VTM didn't say anything about it. I knew that Laurent was angry with them for more then one reason. They sometimes make hurtfull comments about him or even "forget" about broadcasting any of his official appointments even if it means they have nothing on the Belgian royal family at all or they just make their footage as short as possible just to fill the gabs between greater events.

I'm Flemish myself and it really doesn't bother me who got the scoop and why, I'm just glad I was able to see some footage of the twins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom