The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

1,2.More from the last photoshoot.
3.On holiday last year.
5.Posing with her baby brother

DPA pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	56018   Click image for larger version

Name:	21.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	56019   Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	56020   Click image for larger version

Name:	23.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	56021  

Name:	aa.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	56022  

Old 07-11-2004, 06:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Jelka@Apr 25th, 2004 - 7:24 am
Yes, she looks like her father very much!! Even Mathilde has said that! I was wondering when she would go to school? In october she'll be three years, so..
Really, three years? I remember it as it was "yesterday". In one of my foreign periodicals, I found a photo of Astrid with her two boys ~ Leopold and Albert ... and, Princess Elisabeth looked just like her father when he was about her age. Amazing. :flower:

Elizajane

Old 07-11-2004, 07:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think you mean Baudouin and Albert (Astrid's sons), Leopold was her husband. :)
Old 07-23-2004, 05:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope will see a few pics of Elisabeth on holiday with her parents this year, like we did before.

In the meanwhile, here's a pic of Philippe and Elisabeth at the engagement of Laurent and Claire:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	a0.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	56023  
Old 07-23-2004, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

I hope there will be some new ones too, and i would love to get some news when she's gonna start school...
Old 08-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Courtier

I think it's really sweet how Gabriel always seems to be looking for his sister's attention. Esp. in some of the May 2004 pictures where he looks to be grabbing her hair. :P
Old 08-17-2004, 10:05 AM
Aristocracy

Little Princess

Princess Elizabeth very beautiful and sweet
Most excellence Future Queen for European Royalty
Old 08-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

a few very cute ones of Elisabeth at the engagement of Laurent & Claire
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	39244   Click image for larger version

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	39245   Click image for larger version

Name:	17.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	39246  
Old 08-30-2004, 11:01 AM
Royal Highness

Little Elisabeth will go to school for the first time wednesday. She'll go to Sint-Jan Berchmans, in the Marolles, in the same scholl than her cousins Luisa Maria and Joachim.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:16 AM
Royal Highness

How old is she?
Old 08-30-2004, 11:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
Little Elisabeth will go to school for the first time wednesday. She'll go to Sint-Jan Berchmans, in the Marolles, in the same scholl than her cousins Luisa Maria and Joachim.
Hey Danielane, where did you find this information?
Old 08-30-2004, 11:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelka
Hey Danielane, where did you find this information?
On this link (it's in french) http://fr.news.yahoo.com/040830/202/413dl.html
Old 08-30-2004, 11:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennyllorac
How old is she?
She'll turn 3 on october 25th
Old 08-30-2004, 01:55 PM
Serene Highness

Talking

That will mean that we'll have some new (definetely cute) pics coming up...

i wonder whether she'll cry...I hope not though...maybe it will help to have Luisa Maria (although she'll be in 4th grade)...
Old 08-30-2004, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

The school where she'll be goint to is a catholic school with a very good reputation. It's Dutch speaking, so Elisabeth will be perfectly bilingual, like her cousins. Philippe & Mathilde said they want her to have a normal schooltime, like the other children, so no 'special', priveledged treatment.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathérine Bergeyck
The school where she'll be goint to is a catholic school with a very good reputation. It's Dutch speaking, so Elisabeth will be perfectly bilingual, like her cousins. Philippe & Mathilde said they want her to have a normal schooltime, like the other children, so no 'special', priveledged treatment.
Yes, but I'm wondering if the fact of being in this kind of school isn't a priviledge per-se. If Philippe and Mathilde really want her daughter to have a normal school-time, why haven't they sent their daughter in a public school? I'm sure there's public school with very good reputation and high level?
Old 08-31-2004, 09:45 AM
Serene Highness

Off course there are good public schools in Belgium too, but in Belgium the difference between catholic schools and public schools isn't like the difference between public schools and private schools in the USA...

Sint Jan Berghmans is not a private school and it's really not expensive to send your children there. Both public schools and catholic schools get money from the state in Belgium (although public schools get a bit more money), so really the only difference is that you have to take religion in a catholic school and in a public school you don't...

it's really not a school where they are only rich children, there are children from all different backgrounds in that school...

it's a very good school though, it has a very good reputation
Old 08-31-2004, 11:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine
Off course there are good public schools in Belgium too, but in Belgium the difference between catholic schools and public schools isn't like the difference between public schools and private schools in the USA...

Sint Jan Berghmans is not a private school and it's really not expensive to send your children there. Both public schools and catholic schools get money from the state in Belgium (although public schools get a bit more money), so really the only difference is that you have to take religion in a catholic school and in a public school you don't...

it's really not a school where they are only rich children, there are children from all different backgrounds in that school...

it's a very good school though, it has a very good reputation
Thanks for the explanation! I was said that the belgian system was like the french one (I live in France). So I was wrong, but I still think it's an advantage to go in high level school. But I find it rather good that the heir-in-second of the throne goes to a school like this one rather than a very expensive scholl.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Martine is right, this school is not a fee-payed one. Anyone can go there.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:49 PM
Courtier

What language(s) does Elisabeth speak? Does she speak French with her parents or Dutch?

Tags
crown prince phillipe, crown princess mathilde, elisabeth, heir, princess elisabeth