Princess Elisabeth Of Belgium: October 2002 - February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1,2.More from the last photoshoot.
3.On holiday last year.
5.Posing with her baby brother

DPA pictures

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 365
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 461
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 450
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 950
  • aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 429
Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Jelka@Apr 25th, 2004 - 7:24 am
Yes, she looks like her father very much!! Even Mathilde has said that! I was wondering when she would go to school? In october she'll be three years, so..
Really, three years? I remember it as it was "yesterday". In one of my foreign periodicals, I found a photo of Astrid with her two boys ~ Leopold and Albert ... and, Princess Elisabeth looked just like her father when he was about her age. Amazing. :flower:

Elizajane

I hope will see a few pics of Elisabeth on holiday with her parents this year, like we did before.

In the meanwhile, here's a pic of Philippe and Elisabeth at the engagement of Laurent and Claire:

Attachments

• a0.jpg
    a0.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
I hope there will be some new ones too, and i would love to get some news when she's gonna start school...

I think it's really sweet how Gabriel always seems to be looking for his sister's attention. Esp. in some of the May 2004 pictures where he looks to be grabbing her hair. :p

Little Princess

Princess Elizabeth very beautiful and sweet
Most excellence Future Queen for European Royalty

a few very cute ones of Elisabeth at the engagement of Laurent & Claire

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 284
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,145
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,180
Last edited:
Little Elisabeth will go to school for the first time wednesday. She'll go to Sint-Jan Berchmans, in the Marolles, in the same scholl than her cousins Luisa Maria and Joachim.

Danielane said:
Little Elisabeth will go to school for the first time wednesday. She'll go to Sint-Jan Berchmans, in the Marolles, in the same scholl than her cousins Luisa Maria and Joachim.

Hey Danielane, where did you find this information?

That will mean that we'll have some new (definetely cute) pics coming up...

i wonder whether she'll cry...I hope not though...maybe it will help to have Luisa Maria (although she'll be in 4th grade)...

The school where she'll be goint to is a catholic school with a very good reputation. It's Dutch speaking, so Elisabeth will be perfectly bilingual, like her cousins. Philippe & Mathilde said they want her to have a normal schooltime, like the other children, so no 'special', priveledged treatment.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
The school where she'll be goint to is a catholic school with a very good reputation. It's Dutch speaking, so Elisabeth will be perfectly bilingual, like her cousins. Philippe & Mathilde said they want her to have a normal schooltime, like the other children, so no 'special', priveledged treatment.

Yes, but I'm wondering if the fact of being in this kind of school isn't a priviledge per-se. If Philippe and Mathilde really want her daughter to have a normal school-time, why haven't they sent their daughter in a public school? I'm sure there's public school with very good reputation and high level?

Last edited:
Off course there are good public schools in Belgium too, but in Belgium the difference between catholic schools and public schools isn't like the difference between public schools and private schools in the USA...

Sint Jan Berghmans is not a private school and it's really not expensive to send your children there. Both public schools and catholic schools get money from the state in Belgium (although public schools get a bit more money), so really the only difference is that you have to take religion in a catholic school and in a public school you don't...

it's really not a school where they are only rich children, there are children from all different backgrounds in that school...

it's a very good school though, it has a very good reputation

Martine said:
Off course there are good public schools in Belgium too, but in Belgium the difference between catholic schools and public schools isn't like the difference between public schools and private schools in the USA...

Sint Jan Berghmans is not a private school and it's really not expensive to send your children there. Both public schools and catholic schools get money from the state in Belgium (although public schools get a bit more money), so really the only difference is that you have to take religion in a catholic school and in a public school you don't...

it's really not a school where they are only rich children, there are children from all different backgrounds in that school...

it's a very good school though, it has a very good reputation

Thanks for the explanation! I was said that the belgian system was like the french one (I live in France). So I was wrong, but I still think it's an advantage to go in high level school. But I find it rather good that the heir-in-second of the throne goes to a school like this one rather than a very expensive scholl.

What language(s) does Elisabeth speak? Does she speak French with her parents or Dutch?

moosey60 said:
What language(s) does Elisabeth speak? Does she speak French with her parents or Dutch?
Mathilde and Philippe speak French with her, but Mathilde said they also read stories in Dutch to her. Her nanny speaks Dutch with her, and when the family is in Dutch-speaking company, they speak Dutch to Elisabeth as well.

Here are pictures of Elisabeth taken to school by her parents.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 422
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 324
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 327
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 275
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 278
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 311
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 305
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 308
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 349
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 305
Some pics without tags :

Attachments

• FMP-01-09-20180455.jpeg
    FMP-01-09-20180455.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 320
  • FMP-01-09-20200455.jpeg
    FMP-01-09-20200455.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 346
  • FMP-01-09-20220455.jpeg
    FMP-01-09-20220455.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 374
Oh, she's sooooo cute!!!

Her backpack is just as big as she is!

She seems very proud and happy to go to school!

I saw an item on the news about Elisabeth's first day at school. You could see her arriving with her parents, and playing in the schoolyard with other children, Mathilde wiped away some tears as they left.

Philippe said Elisabeth had been very good and that they were proud of her. Mathilde said that it was difficult for her to leave her little girl behind, Elisabeth didn't cry but her mother did!

Some more very cute pictures (it may take a while for the photos to open...sorry)

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 569
  • 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 957
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 977
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 695
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,512
Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Mathilde said that it was difficult for her to leave her little girl behind, Elisabeth didn't cry but her mother did!

That's what often happen the first day of school for a child: he's so proud and happy that he doesn't cry. The difficulties are coming later.
BTW, will Elisabeth go to school at afternoon? In France, the parents have the choice to leave the child at school only morning, or a fews day a week, when he's two or three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom