Princess Elisabeth Of Belgium: October 2002 - February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by montecarlo@Dec 8th, 2003 - 10:45 am
Hel-leen
A short 'e' sound at the beginning and a long 'e' sound at the end (sort of like 'lean' at the end.) I believe this is the French pronunciation of the name. The other variation of pronouncing it that you wrote is the English version. 'Helen' short 'e' sounds for both.

Thanks for your clarification, Karolina and Alexandria! Do you ladies think it's a nice name for a little girl? When you hear the name "Helene" do you think of an attractive cheerful little girl or not? Do you think it's overused? Does it sound better as a first name or as a middle name? I'd like to hear everyone's opinion please.

Hélène is her 4th name I think, nobody calls her Hélène

the official name of the future queen is Elisabeth,
but her parents like to say Lisa of Elisa or how lovely mathilde calls her 'mon ange', my angel.

I think Helene is a very nice name. To me, it connotes femininity and a certain delicateness and softness.

But that could just be me! According to my friends I tend to favour the feminine, 'frou-frouy' names!

No, here in Belgium, we pronounce it Heeleinuh. Like that, Hell-een is more English, Hel-len too. So it's Hee-lei-nuh.
By the way, it's a lovely name, and it sounds very chic

Originally posted by Alexandria+Dec 8th, 2003 - 11:22 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ Dec 8th, 2003 - 11:22 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-montecarlo@Dec 8th, 2003 - 10:45 am
Hel-leen
A short 'e' sound at the beginning and a long 'e' sound at the end (sort of like 'lean' at the end.) I believe this is the French pronunciation of the name. The other variation of pronouncing it that you wrote is the English version. 'Helen' short 'e' sounds for both. [/b][/quote]
Actually, it wouldn't be Hel-lean. With the accent at the end, it makes it a short "e" sound at the end. It'd be more Hell-en. French has always befuddled me- i.e. what's the point of having an "s" at the end of say, "Tu prends" if you're not going to pronounce the s? Or the d for that matter?

1.Elisabeth and her first birthday candle :heart:
2.Grandma Paola holding Belgium's future queen
3.6 months old and very cute

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,059
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 423
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:
Stealing the show at the engagement of Laurent & Claire

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 404
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 419
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 512
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 363
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 800
Last edited:
At the family photoshoot last year May

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 327
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 357
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 383
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,062
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
her 2nd birthday

Attachments

• c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 288
  • c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 337
  • c0.jpg
    c0.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 359
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:
A few months old, on a walk in the park of Laeken (her garden actually ;) )

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,311
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,291
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,301
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,288
Last edited:
Yes, she looks like her father very much!! Even Mathilde has said that! I was wondering when she would go to school? In october she'll be three years, so..

Probably in September then, in Belgium it's usual for children to start school at 2,5/3 years.

But hopefully we'll have new photos of her before then!

Originally posted by Hannelore@Apr 25th, 2004 - 12:42 pm
Probably in September then, in Belgium it's usual for children to start school at 2,5/3 years.

But hopefully we'll have new photos of her before then!
Yes, I know that, but I was just wondering because recently someone asked Philippe (someone from the public during a visit somewhere) when Elisabeth was going to school, and then he said that it was still too early.

Three years this winter.... time flies. About two years she speaks fluently :)

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Apr 25th, 2004 - 2:46 pm
Three years this winter.... time flies. About two years she speaks fluently :)
So you´ve talked to her? Cool. :p

More of the new pictures: Elisabeth has become such a pretty little girl!

Attachments

• 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,645
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,933
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,899
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,364
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,641
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,881
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,311
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,362
Last edited:
fotomarktplatz.de

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 317
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 289
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 401
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
having seen these new pictures, I think Elisabeth looks like both her mother and father.

In the way she holds herself, she really looks like Mathilde. She's becoming a very pretty child.

IMO daddy´s girl looks great! Not just cute or beautiful, but also very regal! Just look how she´s sitting on this bench...so as if all this fuss wouldn´t bother her a bit.

I think that princess Mathilde mast be verry luckey with her two beautiful children.Elisabeth is becoming a real little lady en Gabriel is just so cute. I think he will be a verry handsome sprince in the future :heart: .I think that Elisabeth will go to a Deutch school , because that's all the children of Astrid has been ( of still going) to a deutch school.

Ps : I heard Elisabeth talk on the tv and is was so cute ! :heart:

Great photo, Cathérine.

She looks so much like Mathilde! She is a beautiful little girl and it is obvious that she is a Daddy's girl!

I think Philippe is very close with his daughter. Here he is comforting Elisabeth at Laurent and Claire's engagement. (From Brigitte's worldroots site)

Elisabeth and Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom