Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz - Current Events part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome Alexandria and Emily. Yes, this was Lorenz's 50th birthday, so a milestone indeed. Their names are confusing sometimes because most of them have the name "Maria". The oldest daughter, who you are referring to, is Maria Laura and the middle daughter is Luisa Maria. I'm hoping that for Astrid's 50th birthday (which is still a way off) they do something a bit 'fancier'. Sure, it's nice having a few happy-snaps and a cake, but I'm really wanting a big party. :)

Thanks, Danielle, for the wonderful pictures of Astrid, Lorenz and their family.

Laetitia is soooo cute and how fast she's grown. Maria Laura has grown prettier, much like Astrid.

Thank you so much, Danielle! wonderful pictures...

Lorenz looked a bit older than 50, then again who would've guess at 50, he would have 5 children, ranging from a grown-man (amedeo) till the little toddler (laetitia maria).
how old were lorenz & astrid when they're married? astrid looks so young... almost like a sister to maria laura.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/12/19/princelorenz/

More Birthday Celebrations for Belgian Royals

With Christmas almost upon us people all over the world are buying their last few presents. The Belgian royal family has already indulged in a spot of gift giving, however, in preparation for the 50th birthday of Prince Lorenz' - the husband of King Albert's only daughter, Princess Astrid - on December 18...

Last edited:
Princess Robijn said:
does that mean that his brothers and sisters are also princes and princesses of Modena

does anyone know??

Danielle said:
You're welcome Alexandria and Emily. Yes, this was Lorenz's 50th birthday, so a milestone indeed. Their names are confusing sometimes because most of them have the name "Maria". The oldest daughter, who you are referring to, is Maria Laura and the middle daughter is Luisa Maria. I'm hoping that for Astrid's 50th birthday (which is still a way off) they do something a bit 'fancier'. Sure, it's nice having a few happy-snaps and a cake, but I'm really wanting a big party. :)

About the daughters' names, from what I know, Maria Laura is called Laura in the family, Luisa Maria is called Luisa or Louise, and Laetitia Maria is called Laetitia. The "Maria" part is quite not used.

is photo Prince Amedeo?He not photo his father Lorenz 50th birthday?

Jose said:
is photo Prince Amedeo?He not photo his father Lorenz 50th birthday?
No, Amedeo didn't attend. He's studying in London. He'll most likely be home for Christmas, so hopefully there will be photos of him then.

Astrid and Lorenz have 3 beautiful girls , and 2 hansome boys I think:)

Letitia-Maria is sooo cute...

Laetitia Maria is very cute :). I think she looks just like Amedeo when he was little.

Maybe this is a silly question but where does Este lie in Europe?
cute family by the way :)

Last week there was a short interview on tv with Astrid & Lorenz (while they were visiting something). Lorenz said he quite enjoyed being 50, Astrid added "so you see, turning 50 is nothing to be afraid of", to which Lorenz replied "We'll have to see about that!"

They also said their marriage was their big source of happiness, and that it gets better and better as they go.

The interview was in Flemish, Lorenz is good at it! Of course Dutch is close to German, his native speech.

Is this me or don't you find that Maria will laura grew bigger??

perhaps the shirt...

Last edited by a moderator:
betina said:
Maybe this is a silly question but where does Este lie in Europe?
cute family by the way :)

Este is not a town, it's the name of the family who ruled over the dukedom of Modena and the town of Ferrara, amongst others town.

Hannelore said:
In this week's point de vue, you can see a large photo of Astrid and Lorenz attending the wedding of princess Anna Cecilia de bourbon-Siciles and count Rodolphe de Causans, in Turin. The wedding took place on September 17. Luisa Maria and Joachim were there also.

Astrid was very elegant, in a faded pink dress from Chanel, a short tulle shawl and an elegant hat in the same color.

Lorenz is a first cousin of the bride.

Same dress and shawl for the chriustmas concert at the royal palace, 16/12/2005 (Getty and Newscom)

What did Belgians think of Lorenz when he first marrioed Astrid. did they lik ehim? how is he viewed now? or do people not really care about him?

what loanguages does Lorenz speak? also what is his mother tongue and does anyone have videos of him speaking?

no, that is incorrect his mother toungue is French as he was born in France and whent school there

what else can u tell me about lorenz. is he quite and shy? very religous? do they go to chucrh every sunday? how tall is princess astrid? how tall is lorenz and amedeo?

jm83au said:
what languages does Lorenz speak? also what is his mother tongue...?
jm83au said:
no, that is incorrect his mother toungue is French as he was born in France and whent school there
I'm missing something here jm83au. If you already knew the answer, why did you ask the question?

Something nice from last week's Bal Royal: a cooking school somewhere in Flanders made its pupils cook for a good cause. Each student had to come up with an idea. One of the students was a girl whose father had once been the cook of queen Fabiola. He suggested she should cook for someone of the royal family, so they asked princess Astrid whether they could organize a little dinner for her and a few guests and donate the money to the Red Cross (Astrid is the chairwoman of the Belgian Red Cross). She agreed!

They set the table in Astrid's dining room and prepared it in her kitchen (which is quite small, the girl said). Astrid & Lorenz were sitting at the main table, with Amedeo & Laura, a colonel and his wife and two other guests. The smaller children had dinner in another room...they had orderd something from pizza hut :)

The dinner was a success and afterwards they were allowed to take (private) pictures of the table setting etc.

Especially Amedeo made a big impression on the girl (I think she was about 16). She asked him "Would you like to have a toast?" , he answered "yes please", and the girl said she started blushing because he's veeeeery handsome :):)

thats so sweet...:D :p :rolleyes: :) :eek:...if i was her id be blushing too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom