Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz - Current Events part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness.. she looks fairly young. never would have guessed she had 5 children already...

Thanks Catherine for posting the most wonderful pictures of Princess Astrid. I echo the sentiment, that she doesn't look like a mother of five. Wow!!! I wish I will be like that in my 40's with five children (of course I am not planning on having that many;) )

Astrid really looks brilliant and very youthful! I love her dress and that's one pretty tiara! :)

The photos of Astrid are absolutely gorgeous. Simple but very elegant..A nice kind of glamour. Thanks again Cathérine :)

I know it was the eighties, but she was definitely not that tasteful.

SAI et R l'Archiduc Lorenz d'AUTRICHE-ESTE, Prince de Belgique 12/11/2005. Versailles bishop His Grace Eric Aumonier blesses the statue of Saint Louis created by Catherine Cairn, as it unveiled in Saint Louis Cathedrale, Versailles during a messe for the canonization of the Emperor Karl I of Austria, in Versailles, France,20051211

from newscom

Attachments

• 61.jpeg
    61.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 427
  • 62.jpeg
    62.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 270
  • 63.jpeg
    63.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 776
  • 64.jpeg
    64.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
The mass wasn't for the canonization of Emperor Karl, who's been beatified recently.

It's funny, even though she looks like her mother, there is something from her Father in her, esp. in her younger years, where she had her mom's features, but no chic or self confidece of her mother. I must admit her taste has greatly improved since the 80's!

Danielane said:
The mass wasn't for the canonization of Emperor Karl, who's been beatified recently.

It was probably a "remembrance" mass for the beatification of Emperor Karl of Austria (Lorenz's grandfather).

What titles do her children have? Princes of Belgium or Archdukes of Austria?

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
It was probably a "remembrance" mass for the beatification of Emperor Karl of Austria (Lorenz's grandfather).

I don't know what it was exactly. What I know is that during the mass a statue of Saint Louis was unveiled.

auntie said:
What titles do her children have? Princes of Belgium or Archdukes of Austria?

Both. They have all the titles of the Habsburg family, plus their mother's title.

all the children are HRH Prince/Princess of Belgium, Archduke/Archduchess of Austria-Este, right?
talk about comparabillity... they're not in direct line for the throne (i.e. not crownprincely family), but just compare it to lille Prince Sverre Magnus without HRH whilst 3rd in-line for throne..

hixx... hix...

H'm is this the only royal family who's grandchildren from the female line have title Prince\ess? Is the Archduke\chess of Austria a title in name only, or there other things that come with it besides money and Tiaras?

Princess Astrid attends the opening of the exhibition " Coup de Coeur / Hartstocht " at Museim for natural sciences in Brussels, Tuesday 13 December 2005.

Belga

Attachments

• p3692463.jpg
    p3692463.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 228
  • p3692465.jpg
    p3692465.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 224
  • p3692466.jpg
    p3692466.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 226
  • p3692515.jpg
    p3692515.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 213
  • p3692698.jpg
    p3692698.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 195
  • p3692724.jpg
    p3692724.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 276
  • p3692803.jpg
    p3692803.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 254
Hi, I found on http://members.fortunecity.com/successionlines/belgium.html

HRH Astrid Princess of Belgium, by marriage (de jure Hereditary Princess of Modena, since 7 Feb 1996: de jure Duchess of Modena (making HIRH Prince Amedeo: (de jure Hereditary Prince of Modena))

Does anyone know something about "de jure Hereditary Princess of Modena, since 7 Feb 1996: de jure Duchess of Modena", because I have never heard about it...

and if Prince Amedeo is "de jure Hereditary Prince of Modena", could someone tell me what his complete title is??

Princess Robijn said:
and if Prince Amedeo is "de jure Hereditary Prince of Modena", could someone tell me what his complete title is??
His Imperial and Royal Highness Archduke of Austria-Este, Prince of Hungary and Bohemia, Prince of Modena, Prince of Belgium.

Warren said:
His Imperial and Royal Highness Archduke of Austria-Este, Prince of Hungary and Bohemia, Prince of Modena, Prince of Belgium.

does that mean that his brothers and sisters are also princes and princesses of Modena

Birthday of Lorenz

Images from anp

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 356
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
It said on the captions that Amedeo was studying in England and wasn't able to attend (hence his absence). Laetitia is growing up so fast. She just looks so adorable with her doll and shoving the cake in her mouth. :p I can't believe how much Joachim and Luisa have changed. Joachim is starting to look more like Lorenz, imo, and less like Astrid. It seems like they had a good time. Happy Birthday for Friday, Lorenz!

Very nice pictures Danielle! Thank you for sharing them! :)

Is this a milestone birthday for Lorenz? I don't recall that Astrid's family does a photo shoot for everyone's birthday unless it's a milestone one (such as Amedeo's 18th birthday a few years ago).

Maria Laura -- she's the oldest daughter right? I get the two middle girls' names confused -- is very pretty. She looks a lot like Astrid.

They seem like such a happy family!

Alexandria said:
Very nice pictures Danielle! Thank you for sharing them! :)

Is this a milestone birthday for Lorenz? I don't recall that Astrid's family does a photo shoot for everyone's birthday unless it's a milestone one (such as Amedeo's 18th birthday a few years ago).

It looks like it is his fiftieth birthday from the writing on the cake! Beautiful pictures, Danielle -- thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom