Prince Laurent & Princess Claire - News & Pictures, part 4; Aug 2006 - Dec 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen pix of Louise where she looks like one of the children from "The Village of the Damned"!

You're welcome :flowers:

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended the opening of an exhibition
dedicated to Prince Alexandre in Waterloo on November 29, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** More pics of the opening can be found here!

Prince Laurent is mentioned in the autobiography of former model Tasha de Vasconcelos. They met during a ball in Monaco, but she didn't feel attracted to his macho behavior and fancied prince Albert of Monaco instead. In the late 90-ties they met again at a party in London. The prince picked her up while driving a blue Ferrari car, and had the engine make extra sound so it would impress her. She also adds that at the end of the night he wanted to make a picture of every tree in the botanical garden.

She also mentions prince Nicholas of Greece (dumb and decadent/luxery loving), pricne Andrew (not a gentleman) and prince Charles.

In Dutch: Topmodel haalt uit naar prins Laurent - Royalty Online - Royalty - het grootste blad over royals

Isn't this the author who claimed that Prince Charles requested a "private showing" from her? I would take what she has written with a huge grain of salt.;)

Isn't this the author who claimed that Prince Charles requested a "private showing" from her? I would take what she has written with a huge grain of salt.;)
Yes she is.
Modesty it´s something that Thasha might not know what the meaning is.

Princess Claire, outgoing Finance Minister Didier Reynders and Prince Laurent
pictured during the first edition of the 'Magritte du Cinema' award ceremony,
Saturday 05 February 2011, in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** lalibre.be gallery **

Last edited:

Prince Laurent pictured during the yearly vaccination of the dogs of homeless
people by the Prince Laurent Foundation, Tuesday 08 February 2011, in Brussels-
Central railway station.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

I read about Prince Laurent's commitment to the homeless and their canine companions, elsewhere.

“For my part, I would like to devote, to the best of my abilities, part of my life’s activities to the improvement of animal welfare. I hope that, in achieving this goal, I can also bring greater happiness to the people, by, on the one hand, suppressing animal abuse, and, on the other hand, by encouraging and strengthening the bonds of respect, admiration and love which must exist between man and animal.”

I think this one of the most heart-warming and praiseworthy public actions of any royal, from anywhere, for some time. It is a perfect example of how royalty can effectively lead by example in the community, not because it's expected or programmed, but because it's the decent and humane thing to do. Belgium is to be congratulated.

Both of these reports scream of entitlement. I think days have passed where princes could get away with this kind of behaviour simply because they were princes. While his antics on planes are rude and arrogant, his driving is an issue of endangerment. Completely unacceptable, in my opinion.

It's this kind behaviour that makes people understandably question the value of keeping (and funding) a royal family.

Princess Claire attended a conference on the theme of "empty buildings" in Brussels,
March 25, 2011. The symposium was jointly organized by the Foundation PRO
RENOVASSISTANCE and the Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis. Claire is Honorary
President of the Foundation PRO RENOVASSISTANCE.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Princess Claire (and Princess Lea) attended the first fashion show from the
programme "Diplomacy through fashion" at the residency of the Ambassador
of the United States to Belgium, Brussels, March 31, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

I believe this was the first time that the princess was holding a public speech.

Princess Claire attended a conference on the theme of "empty buildings" in Brussels,
March 25, 2011. The symposium was jointly organized by the Foundation PRO
RENOVASSISTANCE and the Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis. Claire is Honorary
President of the Foundation PRO RENOVASSISTANCE.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

I believe this was the first time that the princess was holding a public speech.

Really? I must say I wasn't aware of that, so quite surprising to me.

Today, April 1st, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended the inauguration of the
social-economic sales and meeting point 'Groenhof St-Joseph' of 'vzw De Kromme
Boom' in Oostakker, Gent.

I guess the public appearance today wasn't that easy as to the current controversy..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga ** isopix gallery **

More pics can be found here:

** nieuwsblad: Ontroerde Laurent omhelst Gentse Burgemeester **

Last edited:
Belgium’s Air Miles Andy laid low

Scandal: Princess Claire
She is the ordinary girl who fell in love with a helicopter-pilot prince and married him.
But her position is now uncertain after her husband became persona non grata with his father and was banished from royal circles.
Happily, this isn’t a scandal emanating from Buckingham Palace. For the royal in question is Belgian Prince Laurent, married to British-born surveyor Claire Coombs, 37.
Father-of-three Laurent, 47, younger son of King Albert II, has been in trouble before for his colourful lifestyle and outspoken views.
Branded Belgium’s Prince Andrew, the estrangement started when Laurent visited the Congo and met President Joseph Kabila, but failed to clear the trip with officials.
He was told he would lose his £260,000-a-year allowance if he didn’t toe the line and is not welcome at his father’s residence, the Laeken Palace.
He has also recently been accused of ‘squatting’ in business class on a flight to Brussels while holding economy tickets.
Read more: Samantha Cameron gets secret lessons from Kate Middleton's voice coach | Mail Online

Prince Laurent and Paliseul cdH local section president Marie-Eve Hannard
visited the Agricultural Fair of Libramont on Tuesday 26 July 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 * belga gallery **

Thanks again Iceflower for keeping us in touch with all the royal happenings.

You are most welcome as always, Daisiesforever :flowers:

Yesterday, July 30, Princess Claire, Prince Laurent, Princess Louise, Prince Nicolas and Prince Aymeric
attended the Belgian premiere of 'The Smurfs' movie at Kinepolis in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** daylife gallery ** belga gallery **

Last edited:

You are most welcome as always, Daisiesforever :flowers:

Yesterday, July 30, Princess Claire, Prince Laurent, Princess Louise, Prince Nicolas and Prince Aymeric
attended the Belgian premiere of 'The Smurfs' movie at Kinepolis in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** daylife gallery ** belga gallery **

Thanks for the pics. They have beautfull childern.
Cannot wait to see the movie with my niece :flowers:

Was the visit to the Smurf movie a pleasure or a punishment for Laurent ?

More than just one twinkle, Iceflower :))

Just thought of another twinkle:

Do our English-speaking posters know that, in French-speaking areas, the Smurfs are known as "les Shtroumpfs" ?

Last edited:
More than just one twinkle, Iceflower :))

Just thought of another twinkle:

Do our English-speaking posters know that, in French-speaking areas, the Smurfs are known as "les Shtroumpfs" ?

Following your steps :)
Do our English and French speakers posters know that in Portuguese-speaking areas, the Smurfs are known as "Os Estrunfes"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom