The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

There is a video with the first reaction (in Dutch) with this link:

http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm

maandag 19u breedband

the news begins with this item

Old 06-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Majesty

Congratulations to the family. It's soo cool that they're going to have twins!!!!

Old 06-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Courtier

What wonderful news. Congratulations to Laurent, Claire, Louise, and the rest of their families. Albert and Paola will have their hands full keeping track of all of their grandchildren. Well atleast there's one of the Belgian royal ladies who's expecting twins. I look forward to see if they're having two girls, two boys, or one of each, but the most important thing is that the babies are healthy.

There's another video at this link:

http://www.vrtnieuws.net/nieuwsnet_m...x.html?video_1
Old 06-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Congrats!!!!! 3 kids around the age of 2!!!! She is brave indeed!!!! I admire her!!!

Old 06-27-2005, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

Fantastic news!!! In the photo session I wondered if it was just Claire's posture or a pregnancy. It's great that it turns out to be the latter. Congrats to the couple and Princess Louise!:)
Old 06-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh this is wonderful news for the couple. Congratulations!! I'm so happy for them. :) Yes Cathérine, a lesson to those journalists. :(

Old 06-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Courtier

No wonder her tummy looked big at the photo shoot with the royal family! I thought that if she was pregnant with a single baby, she looked far along, but since she's having twins, it makes sense that she's bigger. Congratulations to the family! Amazing, twins!
Old 06-28-2005, 07:33 AM
Commoner

Princess Claire of Belgium is expecting twins!

Princess claire of Belgium is expecting twins!

Find more news about princess claire at

www.hellomagazine.com
Old 06-28-2005, 07:36 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

i knew it!!! When you look at the pictures taken last week you can see that she is " growing"!!! I believe that there are not manny twins in the royal family,s. By the way: i am one of a twin. I have a twinsister:) :)
Old 06-28-2005, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent

PRINCESS CLAIRE EXPECTING TWINS

28 JUNE 2005

Belgium's royal family is looking forward to a double helping of baby joy after Princess Claire revealed she is pregnant with twins. The happy news comes just two months after her sister in law, Crown Princess Mathilde, announced she was expecting her third child with husband Philippe.

Claire, who originally hails from Britain, will likewise become a mother of three when her new arrivals make their debut next January. She and her husband Prince Laurent welcomed their first child, little Princess Louise, in February of last year.

The people of Belgium were somewhat taken aback by the royal announcement on Tuesday afternoon. "We are very happy with the twins which are on their way," said Laurent in a TV interview. "Just like everyone else, we were surprised by the news."

King Albert and Queen Paola were among the first to learn their youngest son and his wife were expecting. The proud grandparents are no doubt looking forward to spoiling the bundles of joy, who will be their 11th and 12th grandchildren.

1. Earlier this year Laurent and Claire were snapped at Laken Castle with their daughter Princess Louise
2. The proud mum plants a kiss on her daughter's head
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2005, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

It's really great news.Congrats to the family.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 06-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Courtier

I'm very happy for the good news. They make such a good couple. When is her due date?
Old 06-28-2005, 08:49 AM
Courtier

Oh i already found out, if they are due in january. I think it can be as early as december because they are twins. Twins use to come first.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Nobility

Congrats to Laurent, Claire and Sophie. Fantastic news after the reports that the couple were separating. I bet those reporters are getting a good telling off for bringing humiliation to their papers.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Royal Highness

BRAVO, BRAVO!!
cONGRATULATION TO THE DADYS!!!
Old 06-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hadn't thought of it yet, I wonder if it will be identical twins...:)
Old 06-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Courtier

Congratulations.I wonder if they find so wonderful names for both as they found for their first daughter.Louise Sophie Mary
Old 06-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Royal Highness

Wow, what wonderful news! Suprising news, but wondeful all the same. :)
Old 06-29-2005, 01:23 AM
Nobility

Twins seem to run in the Belgian/Luxembourg royals.

1) Jean and Margaretha of Luxembourg
2) Leopold and Charlotte of Luxembourg.
3) The twins that Claire is expecting.
Do you think that Claire will be carrying a boy and a girl as well?
Old 06-29-2005, 01:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

My friend was telling me about Claire and Laurent having the third set of twins too (in the Belgian royal family). :) Does anyone know if twins run in Claire's family?

Closed Thread

Tags
claire, current events, laurent, prince laurent, princess claire