The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 08:54 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Cathérine Bergeyck@Aug 26th, 2003 - 3:10 pm
May 21, 2003 Brussels, Belgium --- Princess Claire (L) and Queen Fabiola of Beligum accompany their royal Norwegian guests on a visit of the Ancient Art Museum in Brussels. Norway's king and queen are on a 3-day visit of Belgium.

Besides Claire looking stikingly beautiful, I must admit that Quuen Fabiola does the same (for a woman of her age). I know she took a terrible "dip" when her husband died, but in this photo, she's sort of got a "twinkle" in her eyes and is immaculately dressed in black.

Elizajane

Old 01-14-2004, 09:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Jul 22nd, 2003 - 6:21 pm
www.rexfeatures.com - Prince Laurent at the Natinoal Day festivities celebrating the 10th anniversary of the reign of King Albert II. Brussels, Belgium, 21 July 2003
Well, here he is! The 2nd son of Belgium Royal Family ~ Prince Laurent. Thanks, Alexandria and Catherine Bergeyk, and "many others" for posting photos of this couple. I viewed this entire site and Laurent and Claire appear to be very close and eager to serve their country ... and, Wow, another royal baby on the way plus a couple of weddings also scheduled in 2004. " .. love is in the air .. "

Elizajane

Old 01-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

IBL - Brussels, Belgian. 12 January 2004. Prince Laurent and Princess Claire at a gala concert in Brussels.

IBL - Brussels, Belgian. 12 January 2004. Prince Laurent and Princess Claire at a gala concert in Brussels.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	claire_1.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	35637   Click image for larger version

Name:	claire_2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	35639   Click image for larger version

Name:	claire_4.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	35642  
Old 01-15-2004, 01:46 AM

I love this couple. They always look so happy together. The wedding pictures of Laurent crying are so touching! And she really is lovely.
Old 01-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Courtier

Nice pictures!

Princess Claire is more beautiful than ever. She is even more glowing especially that she is pregnant. I know that both the Royal Family and the Belgians are very happy for them.

I loved her dress because it's simple yet looks very good on her. One thing that really makes Princess Claire very beautiful is that she is very cheerful. She always smiles and she loves to be with a crowd.

This is just my opinion, but couldn't they look for another name aside from Louise? It's already the name of Lady Louise, the daughter of the Earl and Countess of Wessex. I just love to hear another set of new names just like the names of Princess Catharina-Amalia of Netherlands.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 01-17-2004, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by paulette@Jan 17th, 2004 - 12:31 pm
Nice pictures!

Princess Claire is more beautiful than ever. She is even more glowing especially that she is pregnant. I know that both the Royal Family and the Belgians are very happy for them.

I loved her dress because it's simple yet looks very good on her. One thing that really makes Princess Claire very beautiful is that she is very cheerful. She always smiles and she loves to be with a crowd.

This is just my opinion, but couldn't they look for another name aside from Louise? It's already the name of Lady Louise, the daughter of the Earl and Countess of Wessex. I just love to hear another set of new names just like the names of Princess Catharina-Amalia of Netherlands.
you cant takes names from Earl and Countess's daughter name you know that but please takes another name for Prince Laurent and Princess Claire's baby names but both wanted name after honour will be

Sara Boyce
Old 01-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by sara1981@Jan 17th, 2004 - 3:31 pm
you cant takes names from Earl and Countess's daughter name you know that but please takes another name for Prince Laurent and Princess Claire's baby names but both wanted name after honour will be

Sara Boyce
They're not really "taking" the name of Louise if that is what they want to name their daughter as the name does not exclusively belong to the British royals. But if you go along this line, 'technically,' Edward and Louise "took" the name of Louise from Laurent and Claire as I believe Laurent let it slip earlier this summer that he and Claire were going to have a girl and that her name would be Louise -- which is before Edward and Sophie had their daughter and named her.

... From the Benelux Royals Message board, posted by Netty:

According to my Belgian tv-text Princess Claire's grandmother Marie-Louise Mertens told Het Laatste Nieuws (a newspaper) today that normally spoken Princess Claire will give birth on Saturday, February 7, 2004. "The birth of the girl with the name of Louise is counted out for that day."
Old 01-18-2004, 05:42 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Happy birthday to the beautiful princess.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:06 PM
Courtier

I wonder what the rest of the baby's names will be (and if they stick with the name Louise).
Old 01-18-2004, 01:59 PM
Serene Highness

Looks like Prince Laurent is gaining some pregnancy weight also!
Old 01-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

IBL - 01/21/2004. Prince Laurent "Rail meets Road" exhibit in Brussels.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	laurent_1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	36675   Click image for larger version

Name:	laurent_4.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	36678  
Old 01-23-2004, 04:21 AM
Courtier

I know they are both very excited and happy for the birth of their first child.

Congratulations to the Prince and Princess, the royal family and to all the Belgians.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 01-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Aristocracy

haha, look at his buttons, manchettes, when laurent is reading the TIJD
little belgian flags :)

Old 01-23-2004, 02:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 8:00 pm
Could the exhibit have been that boring that he had to read the paper during the tour?

I love the expression on his face - it might be a good picture for a Caption Competition.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:08 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
01/08/2004. Pres gala with Prince Laurent and Princess Claire of Belgium. IBL
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	750405_03.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	37082   Click image for larger version

Name:	750405_02.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	37083   Click image for larger version

Name:	750405_01.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	37084  
Old 01-29-2004, 01:14 PM
Courtier

nice pics
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 01-29-2004, 07:28 PM
Courtier

Hmmm...Claire still looks really small for a 8-month pregnant woman. When's she due? It's almost February!
Old 01-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree, moosey60. Claire is due in two weeks or so -- and she looks like she's only 7-8 months pregnant at best.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:51 AM
Aristocracy

I think she is really in the higher stage of pregnancy, but because of the jacked she is wearing she seems smaller.

We'll see, she will have a baby and that is the most impotant thing! :)

Good choice of clothing by the way!

Old 01-30-2004, 10:15 PM
Courtier

So, is there a babywatch with this young offspring? Or is there less anticipation because unlike Gabriel, Princess "Louise" (or did Laurent & Claire change their minds about this one) would only be number 11 or so in line to the throne?

This is rather exciting-every single royal offspring 2003/2004- with the exception of Prince Gabriel and some other boys I don't know of...but the more known offspring have been female. In no order:
a) Maud Angelica Behn (NOrway)
B) Princess Laeticia Maria of Belgium
c) Lady Louise Windsor (Britain)
d) Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands
e) Princess Vittoria of Savoy (Savoia?)
f) Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway
g) Eloise Taylor (Britain)
h) Maria Teresa von Lattorff (Liechtenstein)

...Well you get the point. If their child is a girl, then it'll add to the future of queens and princesses in Europe.

Tags
claire, current events, laurent, prince laurent, princess claire