The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 05:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalwatcher77 View Post
i just thought i would also add this picture of him when he was little. i know its probably been posted but i just think he was so cute.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1059412833
he looks nice in this Picture but where was this Picture taken?

Old 02-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Commoner

I'm not sure I got it from an old thread that had lots of pictures of him growing up.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:58 AM
Courtier

Hey people
go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and then u type Prince Amedeo, video no.1 ,3,5 and 8 , there are pics of Prince Amedeo in those videos, in video no. 1
u find pics only of Prince Amedeo
Old 03-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rihga View Post
Amedeo, thankfully, is much more discreet than Pierre. He also isn't a notorious womanizer like Pierre. Well that we know of
Well, I'm just new to this Prince Amedeo thread.... but interesting that you guys compare him to Pierre Casiraghi. Because they are distantly related to each other. Two of Count Werner de Merode's daughters, Louise Caroline Ghislaine and Antoinette, married Charles Emmanuel, Prince dal Pozzo dalla Cisterna and Prince Charles III of Monaco of Monaco, respectively. Louise and Charles Emmanuel would have one child, Maria Vittoria, who married Amadeo I and from whom Margherita of Savoy is directly descended from. Of course, Margherita is the mother of Archduke Lorenz and Prince Amedeo's grandmother. Antoinette and Charles III had Albert II, who is the great-great-great grandfather of Pierre Casiraghi.

Prince Amedeo looks so tall. Is this a a family trait among the Savoys or on other sides of the family? When his ancestor, Amedeo (his namesake and great grandfather) the 3rd Duke of Savoy, was addressed as "your highness" he was said to have replied, "6 feet 6 inches tall"... and he was very good looking, too, and very gallant it was said. I think Prince Amedeo of Belgium looks very royal, but looks also very um, unassuming. A very good combination, I'd say.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 03-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17 View Post
Well, I'm just new to this Prince Amedeo thread.... but interesting that you guys compare him to Pierre Casiraghi. Because they are distantly related to each other. Two of Count Werner de Merode's daughters, Louise Caroline Ghislaine and Antoinette, married Charles Emmanuel, Prince dal Pozzo dalla Cisterna and Prince Charles III of Monaco of Monaco, respectively. Louise and Charles Emmanuel would have one child, Maria Vittoria, who married Amadeo I and from whom Margherita of Savoy is directly descended from. Of course, Margherita is the mother of Archduke Lorenz and Prince Amedeo's grandmother. Antoinette and Charles III had Albert II, who is the great-great-great grandfather of Pierre Casiraghi.

Prince Amedeo looks so tall. Is this a a family trait among the Savoys or on other sides of the family? When his ancestor, Amedeo (his namesake and great grandfather) the 3rd Duke of Savoy, was addressed as "your highness" he was said to have replied, "6 feet 6 inches tall"... and he was very good looking, too, and very gallant it was said. I think Prince Amedeo of Belgium looks very royal, but looks also very um, unassuming. A very good combination, I'd say.
Prince Amedeo "s father is also tall. Prince Amedeo maybe as tall as his great grand father or little less than him.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Nobility

I think prince Amedeo is very handsome! He reminds me of a young king Leopold III, his great grandfather.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Amadeo is between 6'1 and 6'3 (185 to 190 cm)

For basic info like this, check out the Prince Amadeo FAQ

Old 03-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17 View Post
When his ancestor, Amedeo (his namesake and great grandfather) the 3rd Duke of Savoy, was addressed as "your highness" he was said to have replied, "6 feet 6 inches tall"... and he was very good looking, too, and very gallant it was said.
Well, he was a prince of Savoia, but he was actually the 3rd Duke of Aosta instead of Duke of Savoy.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterego View Post
Well, he was a prince of Savoia, but he was actually the 3rd Duke of Aosta instead of Duke of Savoy.
Oh, you're right... Duke of Aosta. I'm just new to this House of Savoy and on Prince Amedeo. Also, my previous post should have read "Antoinette and Charles III had Albert I", Pierre's great-great-great grandfather. Albert II is his uncle.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 03-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Commoner

I'm reading this book about princess Mary and there is this whole chapter about how she visted Albert the first of belgium. Oddy enough it has more information on him than mary. Any way I saw alot of similarities between him and Amedeo from looks to personality.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:07 PM
Commoner

im not really sure about any of that. if you want to read about it the book is "matriarch." but its not about the belgium family. so im not sure where to go if you want to know more about them.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:14 AM
Aristocracy

so are we expecting any new picures then? i hope they have a photo session or something...its been ages since we had a new picture of him...
Old 04-11-2008, 05:49 AM
Aristocracy

^ Yes, press photos of him at his graduation ceremony but that is not until July/August. Last year of uni is most stressful so more than likely we won't see any of him at public events, but I could be wrong.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

well thats ok then....its good that he's hard at studing....he does everything that is expected of a prince and he sets a good example for some others who do nothing but stumble out drunk from nightclubs and wonder where in the world their next holiday is going to be......ummm i'm sure names must be coming up in people's minds right now
Old 06-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Aristocracy

can anyone post a link to the pics of amedeo from the queen elizabeth musical competition 2008? he was looking amazingly handsome there.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Commoner

heres a link to it.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8-a-17257.html
Old 06-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Nobility

Did he graduate yet?
Old 06-21-2008, 01:53 PM

I believe he has a "presentation ceremony" on 17th of July, but apparently this is not exactly a graduation ceremony. The students are required to wear those typical gowns, but they do not receive their certificates yet. Maybe the real graduation ceremony is only in September, after resits? (That's how it happens at my Belgian university anyway)
Any British forum members who can explain this system?
source: July 2008 Presentation Ceremonies
Old 06-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Commoner

What Languages do the royal family of Belgium speak?
Old 06-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Commoner

Dutch, French, German. Amedeo also speaks English fluently.

Tags
amedeo, archduke amedeo, austria-este, belgium, belgium family, habsburg, pictures, prince amedeo