Prince Amedeo - News & Pictures, Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the noble roots of Lili Rosboch von Wolkenstein

She is noble from both sides of her family...As Ceallach said Lili is a male-line granddaughter of Prince Fillipo Carraciolo di Castagnieto,Duke of Melito...

Her mother is Countess Anna Maria(Lilia) di Smecchia,who also descends from Italian(Counts di Smecchia),Austrian and German noble families(such as famous bankers and philanthropists Barons Günzburg,von Gutmann,Wimmer von Walpurg,Schwabel von Adlersburg,von Scheller)like Lili's father Ettore...

Although Lili just bears this family name,the family was bestowed a nobility on Italian Senator Ettore Bernardo Rosboch and that's why Lili and her father have this predicate nobile...while von Wolkenstein part of the family name came through Ettore's mother Baroness Elisabeth von Jaworski,whose mother was Countess Anna von Wolkenstein-Trotsburg und Neuhaus...

She and Amedeo are even related in several ways...the closest one is that they both descended from Fürst(Prince) Franz Albrecht von Oettingen-Spielberg:

Here is the line to Nobile Lili Rosboch von Wolkenstein:

Prince Franz Albrecht I von Oettingen-Spielberg(1663-1737)
I
Princess Maria Josefa zu Oettingen-Speilberg(1694-1738)
I
Prince Hermann von Hohenzollern-Hechingen(1665-1733)
I
Princess Maria Christiana von Hohenzollern-Hechingen(1715-1749)
I
Count Wenzel Joseph von Thun und Hohenstein(1737-1796)
I
Countess Elisibeth von Thun und Hohenstein(1783-1860)
I
Count Otto von Westphalen zu Fürstenberg(1807-1856)
I
Countess Elisabeth Anna von Westphalen zu Fürstenberg(1845-1907)
I
Countess Anna von Wolkenstein-Trotsburg und Neuhaus(1882-1965)
I
Baroness Elisabeth von Jaworski(1915-1959)
I
Nobile Ettore Rosboch von Wolkenstein(born in 1945)
I
Nobile Lili Rosboch von Wolkenstein(born in 1987)

And here is the line to Prince Amedeo:

Prince Franz Albrecht I von Oettingen-Spielberg(1663-1737)
I
Princess Maria Franziska von Oettingen-Spielberg(1703-1737)
I
Prince Karl Friedrich von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen(1724-1785)
I
Prince Anton Aloys von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen(1762-1831)
I
Prince Karl Anton von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen(1785-1853)
I
Prince Karl Anton von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen(1811-1885)
I
Princess Marie von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen(1845-1912)
I
King Albert I of the Belgians(1875-1934)
I
King Leopold III of the Belgians(1901-1983)
I
King Albert II of the Belgians(born in 1934)
I
Princess Astrid of Belgium(born in 1962)
I
Prince Amedeo of Belgium,Archduke of Austria-Este(born in 1986)

Last edited:
Keeping track of the dynastic intricacies of the Agnellis is exhausting. I had no idea that family was so enormous and so interconnected.:eek:

Well,read this ;)

The Mysterious Heirs of Italian Prince Carlo Caracciolo | Vanity Fair

Rosboch von Wolkensteins are also mentioned among many other noble family names ;)

Ettore even spoke to the journalist...

Lili Rosboch von Wolkenstein was baptized in Garavicchio-the estate in question in the article,property of Caraciollo family...Her father inherited 700.000 $ from his half-brother Prince Carlo Caracciolo,Lili inherited 300.000 $ from him...

Last edited:
Marlene Koenig is interviewed by the Flemish programme VTM royalty. She suspects that Lili is a nickname and her real name is Elisabetta.

Vriendin prins Amedeo is verre nicht | VTM

via: Royal Musings: Belgian TV: Amedeo and Lili

---

Thanks for posting that Vanity Fair article Marc23. It reads like a Fellini movie (or the more recent 'la grande Belezza' by Sorrentino). BTW the article also states: "Ettore Rosboch, heir to a pharmaceutical fortune from his Austrian mother". While elsewhere it was established that Lili is an only child.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that Vanity Fair article Marc23. It reads like a Fellini movie (or the more recent 'la grande Belezza' by Sorrentino). BTW the article also states: "Ettore Rosboch, heir to a pharmaceutical fortune from his Austrian mother". While elsewhere it was established that Lili is an only child.

I posted it because it gives more insight about the Rosboch von Wolkenstein family,their relations and connections...

If the wedding is planned,we can assume there will be very interesting guest list ;)

Indeed it will be, Italian jetset mixed with Belgian/Habsburg Opus-Dei royalty. Judging from the article cousin Jacaranda Borghese won't be invited. I believe her sister-in-law Alessandra Borghese is a good friend of Gloria TuT, a very good friend according to some.

You have to admire the zest for life of these Italian upper classes. They seem to live in a never ending Martini commercial. Though for us middle class dullards it seems rather messy.

BTW, I wonder if there is a closer connection between the two, via the princes Ruffo.

Last edited:
BTW, I wonder if there is a closer connection between the two, via the princes Ruffo.

So far no :(

Prince Franz Albrecht zu Oettingen-Spielberg is the closest connection of the two...it was also said in the video you posted :)

I just followed the lines and posted them...it was mainly because of Lili Rosboch von Wolkenstein's ancestors as someone asked about her noble roots...

They are pretty strong indeed from both sides of her family...

Prince Amedeo and his fiancée Lili received a blessing from the pope today in Rome along with 10 000 other couples. This confirms the rumors about them being engaged (since the pope was blessing engaged couples).

Article and video here

Will Lili be a Princess of Belgium or "just" an Archduchess of Austria-Este?

Thanks Blue, that is one wedding I cannot wait to see!:p

Both, since Amedeo is both :)

Isn't there a law now that the King has to create the one marrying into the family for her to be a Princess? I think it's not automatic as the Archduchess title but I really doubt Philippe won't do it for his godson :lol:

Isn't there a law now that the King has to create the one marrying into the family for her to be a Princess? I think it's not automatic as the Archduchess title but I really doubt Philippe won't do it for his godson :lol:

I think that with Mathilde and Claire (that's I think what you were referring to)King Albert wanted to make them Princesses of Belgium on their own right and not just by marriage. otherwise she will just be a princess by marriage and styled Princess Amedeo of Belgium (as for Princess Alexandre of Belgium - incorrectly called Princess Léa).
But as someone said...I think uncle - and godfather- Philippe will quite surely create her Princess of Belgium

I think that with Mathilde and Claire (that's I think what you were referring to)King Albert wanted to make them Princesses of Belgium on their own right and not just by marriage. otherwise she will just be a princess by marriage and styled Princess Amedeo of Belgium (as for Princess Alexandre of Belgium - incorrectly called Princess Léa).
But as someone said...I think uncle - and godfather- Philippe will quite surely create her Princess of Belgium

It remains to be seen if they will use this opportunity to limite the Title Prince/Princess of Belgium. As of now all descendants of King Albert II. (both in the male and female line) are entitled to it.

It remains to be seen if they will use this opportunity to limite the Title Prince/Princess of Belgium. As of now all descendants of King Albert II. (both in the male and female line) are entitled to it.

that's an interesting question. I think they should do as they do in the British royal family. the grandchildren of the sovereign are entitled to it and the grandchildren of the heir to the throne.

If I don't mistake, after a Royal Decree of 2 December 1991 the wife of a Prince of Belgium is automatically HRH Princess [name of husband] of Belgium, unless she is created a Princess of Belgium on her own right (as it happened with Mathilde and Claire).
So Lili will be automatically HRH Princess Amedeo of Belgium, unless King Philippe creates her on her own right HRH Princess Elisabetta of Belgium.

My little mini coup. It was (Sort of) my post on Amedeo and Lili attending a function together in NYC that got the attention of the Belgian media. Royal Musings and myself got several mentions in Belgian newspapers. Also contacted by reporters including VTM. Lili's email at Bloomberg was erosboch at and I found an Elisabetta Rosboch living in NYC ... put 2 and 2 together ... and my speculation for the name proved to be right.:lol::whistling:
Marlene Koenig is interviewed by the Flemish programme VTM royalty. She suspects that Lili is a nickname and her real name is Elisabetta.

Vriendin prins Amedeo is verre nicht | VTM

via: Royal Musings: Belgian TV: Amedeo and Lili

---

If I don't mistake, after a Royal Decree of 2 December 1991 the wife of a Prince of Belgium is automatically HRH Princess [name of husband] of Belgium, unless she is created a Princess of Belgium on her own right (as it happened with Mathilde and Claire).
So Lili will be automatically HRH Princess Amedeo of Belgium, unless King Philippe creates her on her own right HRH Princess Elisabetta of Belgium.

The title was automatic prior to the Royal Decree of 2 December 1991, but not subsequently.

This thread is now closed. The new News and Events threads of Prince Amedeo and his wife Elisabetta can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom