Prince Amedeo - News & Pictures part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heiress Victoria said:
hi.. I'm new in this thread... I was wondering if Amadeo shares any title with his cousins the luxembourg children.. because, if I'm not mistaken, their grand mother and amadeo's are sisters... am I right??.. in other words, i'd like to know if amadeo's has any title apart from archiduke..

He's Prince of Belgium, Archduke & Prince Imperial of Austria-Este, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia, and the future head of the Ducal House of Este. (Ducal family of Modena)

does anyone seriously know if he has a gf? i read somewhere that he does in some of the previous postings. i was totally like- what???? another hottie already taken? oh well, as long as he's happy. though i still can dream bout him can't i. i think he's awefully good looking though. perfect in every way. i personally think he's better looking than the british princes.

kaydura0717 said:
he looks so cut in that clip. thanks for sharing. Though does anyone know what the commentators said.

This was a documentary about the private life of the royal family. Reporters from VTM could follow them 1 year. In this clip it's just parts of the whole docu.

hi! i'm a new member on this forum..:flowers: very interesting articles here,i must say!! but i was just wondering whether anybody knows what amedeo is planning to do after he graduates..?? what is his last name..?? and r there any plans arranged for his birthday??

thepentacle said:
hi! i'm a new member on this forum..:flowers: very interesting articles here,i must say!! but i was just wondering whether anybody knows what amedeo is planning to do after he graduates..?? what is his last name..?? and r there any plans arranged for his birthday??
Hi thepentacle :flowers: ,
Welcome...
I have no idea what he plans to do after he graduates. Most undergraduate degree(s) take 3-4 years to [start] and finish so wouldn't Amedeo be close to finishing at LSE, soon? He might decide to continue his education and do a post-graduate degree. I don't know, anyway...
Amedeo: being a member of the Belgium Royal Family (via his mum) and a member of the House of Hasburg (via his dad), Modenese line has as result a couple of last names/titles [being addressed as] (members, please correct me if I'm wrong)...
1. [Marcus] d'Aviano [traditional Hasburg last names, only given to males].
2. von Belgien (addressed as, in german).
3. van België (addressed as, in dutch).
4. de Belgique (addressed as, in french).
5. Austria-Este (in English), d'Autriche-Este (in french), von Österreich-d`Este (in german), Oostenrijk-Este (in dutch).
I'm guessing there would be some sort of celebration/party for him in Febuary. I'm hoping there will be new photos of Amedeo :wub: . Maybe, the Belgium members could answer that question? :flowers:

Last edited:
I was just thinking... :flowers:
Do you think that Amedeo will do say a "Prince Frederick/Haakon/Willliam/William-Alexander" and date (possibly marry)...I hate using this word...a commoner (girl)? Or will he feel the pinch by family members to marry a catholic princess? Because I read somewhere that his grandfather, grand uncles were against the marriage between Archduke Karl and Archduchess Francesca.
Since Amedeo is (soon-to-be-head of the House of Este) wouldn't he be able to have some say in who he will choose and "relax" the house laws, somehow.

Last edited:
flctylu said:
I was just thinking... :flowers:
Do you think that Amedeo will do say a "Prince Frederick/Haakon/Willliam/William-Alexander" and date (possibly marry)...I hate using this word...a commoner (girl)? Or will he feel the pinch by family members to marry a catholic princess? Because I read somewhere that his grandfather, grand uncles were against the marriage between Archduke Karl and Archduchess Francesca.
Since Amedeo is (soon-to-be-head of the House of Este) wouldn't he be able to have some say in who he will choose and "relax" the house laws, somehow.

He will definitely have a say in choosing the girl he wants to spend the rest of his life with, although keeping in mind at the same time that he himself is not a commoner..He will be given privileges while marrying, but upto an extent I guess..

As for girlfriends,he probably does not need anybody's permission in dating particular girls only, does he?? :shifty:

thepentacle said:
He will definitely have a say in choosing the girl he wants to spend the rest of his life with, although keeping in mind at the same time that he himself is not a commoner..He will be given privileges while marrying, but upto an extent I guess..

As for girlfriends,he probably does not need anybody's permission in dating particular girls only, does he?? :shifty:

Well Prince Amedeo and his siblings do belong to both the House of Belgium and the House of Modena. He will not need permission for 'dating' but I can imagine the Head of the House of Belgium (King Albert II of the Belgians) and the Head of the House of Modena (Prince Lorenz of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este, Duke of Modena) will have a say in his wedding-plans.

Henri M. said:
Well Prince Amedeo and his siblings do belong to both the House of Belgium and the House of Modena. He will not need permission for 'dating' but I can imagine the Head of the House of Belgium (King Albert II of the Belgians) and the Head of the House of Modena (Prince Lorenz of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este, Duke of Modena) will have a say in his wedding-plans.

As he is an Habsburg, I wonder if he will have to ask permission before he marries to the head of the Habsburg family. In case of "unequal" marriage, his children will be princes of Belgium but not archdukes of Austria.
But I guess he will marry "equally", according to the standards of the Habsburg dynasty.

Danielane said:
As he is an Habsburg, I wonder if he will have to ask permission before he marries to the head of the Habsburg family. In case of "unequal" marriage, his children will be princes of Belgium but not archdukes of Austria.
But I guess he will marry "equally", according to the standards of the Habsburg dynasty.

Prince Amedeo is pretty far in the line of succession to the throne of Belgium:
1 - Prince Philippe, the Duke of Brabant
2 - Princess Elisabeth
3 - Prince Gabriel
4 - Prince Emmanuel
5 - Princess Astrid, the Duchess of Modena
6 - Prince Amedeo

His line in the House of Habsburg are even more theoretical. So I doubt if he really will follow Habsburg lines.

Henri M. said:
Prince Amedeo is pretty far in the line of succession to the throne of Belgium:
1 - Prince Philippe, the Duke of Brabant
2 - Princess Elisabeth
3 - Prince Gabriel
4 - Prince Emmanuel
5 - Princess Astrid, the Duchess of Modena
6 - Prince Amedeo

His line in the House of Habsburg are even more theoretical. So I doubt if he really will follow Habsburg lines.

Well, princess Astrid and archduke Lorenz are rather conservative member of the Habsburg family. That is why I guess they raise their children so that they marry, if not equally, with women of nobility.

Danielane said:
Well, princess Astrid and archduke Lorenz are rather conservative member of the Habsburg family. That is why I guess they raise their children so that they marry, if not equally, with women of nobility.
I kind of thought so as well...
If Amedeo wants to marry a girl [even if its a commoner girl] that he likes I think he'll follow his heart [hoping that he does :ROFLMAO: :wub: ...choose a commoner girl]. I sort of understand the keeping it all equal, in the family business but a girl can dream can't she...;). If both the Belgium Royal Family and his father disapprove I guess theres always renounciation to the headship of Modena; the title will then be bestowed on Joachim? Maybe Lorenz might help out if Amedeo does need Otto's permission as well and use Karl [son] and Francesca [apparantly she was a wild party girl] [had very, how would I put it weak blue-blood. Apparantly her father isn't really a hungarian noble] as an excuse/example. There's been so many so called unequal marriages in the house of hasburg deemed equal lately, and Georg and Elika have a son and he'll probably grow up and have kids putting Amedeo more down the succession. Elizabeth, Gabriel, Emmanuel will eventually grow up and have their own kids.

Last edited:
i think he shoud just follow his heart:wub: . what does it matter who he marries as long as he's happy. we're in the 21st century now and some royals have married commoners and those marrieges worked out just fine.:cool:

Henri M. said:

Nobody can go against anybody's wishes,especially in marriage. Then let it be Prince Amedeo or a commoner..If he wishes to marry a commoner,he might consider what everybody has to say about it. But finally it will be his OWN decision to take, considering any title/titles he has to denounce..Or if he even wants them also or not later..But I have a feeling he will go with his heart and his love in the end..I mean,dont we all? Why should he be different? Just because he is Grand Ducal/Royal?

Last edited:
thepentacle said:
Nobody can go against anybody's wishes,especially in marriage. Then let it be Prince Amedeo or a commoner..If he wishes to marry a commoner,he might consider what everybody has to say about it. But finally it will be his OWN decision to take, considering any title/titles he has to denounce..Or if he even wants them also or not later..But I have a feeling he will go with his heart and his love in the end..I mean,dont we all? Why should he be different? Just because he is Grand Ducal/Royal?

I agree to a certain extent. But of course he is not for nothing a royal or even imperial Prince. That was the result of centuries of carefully planned marriages with 'appropriate' partners. All these marriages with commoners do no good to the high standing of royal families, but that is purely mu personal opinion.

I had preferred to see my Crown Prince marring someone with noble blood and who says that lady could not be as loved as Princess Máxima? So when Prince Amedeo marries a Countess so-and-so, I would be very happy. But if he don't, tja, I'm happy for him too.

Henri M. said:
I agree to a certain extent. But of course he is not for nothing a royal or even imperial Prince. That was the result of centuries of carefully planned marriages with 'appropriate' partners. All these marriages with commoners do no good to the high standing of royal families, but that is purely mu personal opinion.

I had preferred to see my Crown Prince marring someone with noble blood and who says that lady could not be as loved as Princess Máxima? So when Prince Amedeo marries a Countess so-and-so, I would be very happy. But if he don't, tja, I'm happy for him too.

Absolutely! We all will be! So long as he is happy with her,nothing else will matter more!:)

Last edited:
does anyone in belgium know whether there will be a photoshoot in feb to commemorate his 21st b'day??? i'd luv some new pics:wub: .

pakret said:
hello!
I'm belgian! and I find the prince amedeo really beautiful!:) I'm sorry, I don't realy goed speek english, but I will try!
so, when will the prince come back in belgium? and does somebody know whether he has or had a girlfriend?
happy new year 2007!

hey pakret! glad to have another belgian member on board!!! yes i think amedeo's gorgeous too, sigh:wub: ... i read somewhere in one of the earlier threads that he does have a girlfriend. n ur engish isn't bad as long as ur trying

does anyone have a video file of amedeo's 18th or interview or anything else?

will there be phots and inteview for his bday? can someone pls post them

I hope they do a photoshoot for his 21st b-day. I want to see that beautiful face and curly hair of his. I just want to play with those curls!! But then again they might not they didn't even do anything when his sister PrincessMaria-Laura turned 18. I wonder if she got a tiara?

I know he turns 21 on tuesday. I wish we heard more of him. But in a way it adds to his appeal that he's so mysterious.

Hi,

did any belgium ppl here anything about Amedeo's 21st bday?

I assume they did not. The children of Astrid keep rather low profile (in accordance to their position). Their birthdays are private events.

They aren't that private about their birthdays there was a photosession for Amadeo's 18th! In the UK the 21st is a big birthday aswell:flowers:

Plus there was that big photo session when he went to LSE.

Prince Amedeo on Royalty (special)

Hey you royal fans
There is a special on a Belgium Tv show: Royalty tonight
about Amedeo is turning 21 and that he is one of the most eligible bachelor of the world. I will try and post a link to the website as soon as they have posted the video on there site,

xoxo,
Isabelle

He doesn't seem to be shy at all in front of cameras for pics. He seems very comfortable while giving interviews too.

Amedeo was so cute as a kid. I loved the bit when he was wearing a green coat, holding a balloon, singing [was it in french?] :wub: . The video was a reward for a long, boring, exausting [got sun burnt in 36C heat] Biology camp that I had to go on to pass Bio.
Conspiracy "[ex]girlfriend" theory here :ROFLMAO: :
You know the bit at the end where he gets a baret [french word for hat] from an army officer, he looks over into the crowd and there is a shoot of a girl who he, Amedeo, smiles at - evidence: a couple of years ago there was a photoshoot of Amedeo at a ball at the Royal Military Academy. I remeber there was a photo of a girl who looked a lot like the girl in the clip that Amedeo smiles at. The girl was beside Amedeo with her arm around his arm - Amedeo and the girl had a smile on their faces. Astrid was talking to another girl [the second closest girl to Amedeo] and they were giggling and smiling.

Do you guys think that Amedeo is close to Laeticia-Maria. Like, you've seen the footage of Amedeo and Laura and Joachim together and wonder whether he has a close relationship with his youngest sister - Amedeo was doing his IB in London, came back for the birth of his little sister, went back and graduated and now is doing his undergraduate studies in London, England. I guess he doesn't have much time to go back and forth and visit his family.

PS: Great idea to create a sub-forum for Princess Astrid's family. It's much easier to find threads.

Last edited:
do you mean this picture? (picture from the sit of RMA)

Pictures Gallery - Royal Military Academy

I don't think that this is the same girl as on the video. The two girls look like eachother but I don't think it's the same girl.

I found some pictures I had never seen op Amedeo, while he was at the RMA. He was doing an exam at that moment. (I don't know if they have been posted here before.) He is such a handsome prince. :wub:

these are all pictures from the official site of RMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom