Prince Amedeo; News and Pictures, Part 1; July 2004 - Aug. 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Son Altesse Imperiale et Royale Prince Amedeo de Belgique, Prince Impérial et Archiduc d'Autriche-Este, Prince Royal de Hongrie et de Bohême, was born at the Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc in Woluwe Saint-Lambert, Bruxelles, Belgique, on Friday, February 21st 1986. He is the eldest of five children and elder of two sons of Seine Kaiserliche und Königliche Hoheit Lorenz Kaiserlicher Prinz und Erzherzog von Österreich-Este, Königlicher Prinz von Ungarn und Böhmen, and Son Altesse Royale Princesse Astrid de Belgique.

Probably one day after his birth the infant was presented to the world by his parents in the presence of his maternal grandparents and his paternal grandfather. About a week later Princesse Astrid and Amedeo left the hospital.

In 1986 he was christened "Amedeo Marie Joseph Carl Pierre Philippe Paola Marcus d'Aviano" by Cardinal Godfried Danneels in a Roman-Catholic ceremony at the Palais Royal in Laeken, Bruxelles, Belgique. His godparents are Son Altesse Royale Reine Paola des Belges (maternal grandmother) and Prince Philippe de Belgique (maternal uncle).

Amedeo was created "Prince de Belgique" on December 2nd 1991.

Since August 20th 2003 he is the fifth in the line of succession to the Belgian throne following his maternal uncle Philippe, Philippe's children Elisabeth and Gabriel and his mother Astrid.

education

He started primary school in Basel, Schweiz. Prince Amedeo de Belgique attended Sint-Jan Berchmanscollege in Bruxelles, Belgique, in the late summer of 1993 and then to continue his secondary school education Sevenoaks School, an independent, co-educational boarding and day school for boys and girls between 10 and 19, in Sevenoaks, Kent, England, around 2002. He graduated from Sevenoaks College on Friday, June 25th 2004, obtaining an international baccalaureate.

In September 2004 he will attend a military school in Bruxelles, Belgique, for about a year.

After military service he plans to study economics at a francophone university, probably in Louvain-la-Neuve.

godchildren

He has one godchild.

Prince Amedeo was designated by his maternal uncle Son Altesse Royale Prince Philippe de Belgique, Duc de Brabant, and his wife, née Jonkvrouwe Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz, to become one of two godparents of their firstborn child Son Altesse Royale Princesse Elisabeth de Belgique (*2001). The little girl was christened at the Chapelle du Parc, Château de Ciergnon, on December 9th 2001.

After having completed his studies in England, prince Amedeo joined next October the rows of the pupils of Military Royal School. He is registered there now and already for a year.

Source the Belgian newspaper: la dernière heure.

Amedeo looked extreamly cute in this picture playing with Elizabeth.:p

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,984
Aw, that's so sweet. He seems like such a nice person. It's so strange when you see him playing with Elisabeth and in other photos his brother and sisters, and then in the recent photos seeing him hold a gun. Very big contrast.

The new academic year of Military royal scholl is opening on Esplanade of the Fiftieth in Brussels by a ceremony *during which new promotions are solemnly introduced. Prince Amedeo, elder son of the Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, fact one of new promotions. The family of the Prince, 18 years
old, is present at the time of this ceremony. The Princess Astrid also
gives to this occasion "epée **of the King" with the student more deserving having finished the second year of studies

*the ceremony takes place on October 7

** which is the word for "epée" in English??

I found this off the Belgian Royal Family website:

"Currently, the Prince's professional activities are mainly in the banking industry. Although he works full-time, Prince Lorenz regularly takes part in the activities of the Royal Family. He attends certain ceremonies or official engagements, usually accompanied by the Princess."
http://www.monarchie.be/en/family/lorenz/cv.html

I also found this website which talks about his business bio:

"H.R.H. Prince Lorenz of Belgium (1955), Independent Director. Prince Lorenz has studied at the Universities of St. Gallen and Innsbruck where he became Magister, Dr in Economics. After one and a half years spent in various banks in London, Paris and Rome, in 1983 he started a career at E. Gutzwiller & Cie, Banquiers in Bâle and became Managing Partner.

In 1993, he spent one year as Consultant for Swift S.C. CEO and from 1995 he became Advisor to the Board of Directors of BNP Paribas in Paris. Until 2003 he was a member of various Boards of Directors like Sita (a worldwide waste management company located in France), Ondeo Nalco (water management company in
the USA) and several other Boards."
http://www.ucb-group.com/VisitorsWeb/Staging/group/biographical_cards/HRHPrinceLorenzofBelgium.asp

I'll see if I can find more.

Last edited:
oOOOoOOoo i think i know how to post pics now....lets all gaze at Amedeo hahaha

I think this pic has already been posted but oh well....lets just look at it again hahaha

Attachments

• astridbelgium1962-4[1].jpg
    astridbelgium1962-4[1].jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,066
  • astridbelgium1962-7[1].jpg
    astridbelgium1962-7[1].jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 779
Last edited by a moderator:
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM - OCTOBER 7: Prince Amadeo assists the Royal Military School October 7, 2004 in Brussels, Belgium.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,010
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 746
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 683
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 636
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 712
Prince Amedeo celebrated his 18th birthday this weekend!!! There was a trip to the Ardennes, a gala party and a brunch...Andrea of Monaco, Guillaume and Felix of Luxembourg and Beatrice of York also attended the party!

Martine said:
Prince Amedeo celebrated his 18th birthday this weekend!!! There was a trip to the Ardennes, a gala party and a brunch...Andrea of Monaco, Guillaume and Felix of Luxembourg and Beatrice of York also attended the party!
It wasn't Andrea, but Pierre Casiraghi that was present. At least that's the one I saw on tv...

Martine said:
Young royal love matches on the horizon?! :p

I know that royal circles are smalland relative but how does/when did Amedeo meet Andreas, Guillaume and Felix and Beatrice? (And how come no Eugenie?)

I was just wondering, why did he celebrate his birthday now, instead of closer to when the actual day was? Was it because of time or something?

Alexandria said:

I know that royal circles are smalland relative but how does/when did Amedeo meet Andreas, Guillaume and Felix and Beatrice? (And how come no Eugenie?)

Guillaume, Felix, and Amedeo are first cousins once removed. In fact, I've heard that Guillaume and Amedeo are rather close. As to Pierre and Beatrice, they have probably met him during various royal events.

Are there any pics of this event? If so please post them!!!!!!!!!

Other royal guests were Constantin Nassau (eldest son of prince Jean of Luxemburg), and the children of Margaretha & Nikolaus of Liechtenstein.

Danielle said:
I was just wondering, why did he celebrate his birthday now, instead of closer to when the actual day was? Was it because of time or something?
He waited until he was back in Belgium, for he was still going to school in England when he became 18, and he wanted to finish the first 'test weeks', before throwing a party.

Alexandria said:

i know, i almost fell out of my chair :p , i'm in belgium at the moment and i watched tv and suddenly i saw Beatrice, i was like "euh, do they know eachother???", never thought they did, but i think it's cool though
After closely examening the footage of rtl i think Eugenie was there too! She wore a bright pink dress and was right behind Bea. It really looked like her, but i'm not 100% sure :D

Does anyone know if there is any news footage of Amedeo's party online? Thanks in advanced. :)

Mette2 said:
Try this:

http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm and then go to Zondag 10/10 and either choose 13u or 19u.

Hope it works.:)
Yeah, it works. Thank you so much. :) It's quite a long clip but the one I clicked (19u), the part with the party is at about 6 minutes. It looked like one guy had already been drinking, even before they got on the bus to go to the party. :(

That was Guillaume talking to Pierre, not Andrea, right?

I was looking for Princess Beatrice,but couldn't find her. There was only one person whom I thought might be her. Was there a clip of her stepping off of the bus? It kind of looked like her. Also, there was a clip with a whole group of people milling about in casual clothes. One of them looked like Prince William. Did he happen to be there too or was that clip from something else? He was tall, with brown hair and had his hands shoved in his pockets.

samitude said:
I was looking for Princess Beatrice,but couldn't find her. There was only one person whom I thought might be her. Was there a clip of her stepping off of the bus? It kind of looked like her. Also, there was a clip with a whole group of people milling about in casual clothes. One of them looked like Prince William. Did he happen to be there too or was that clip from something else? He was tall, with brown hair and had his hands shoved in his pockets.
I thought I saw Bea coming out of the building (was it a hotel?) and onto the bus. Maybe I am wrong but I'll have another look.

hey does is take a while for the video to load? i can only hear news reporters or something and there are no footage...

Yeah, you have to fast-forward until 6 minutes (6.08 to be exact) if you clicked on the 19u one.

The new academic year of the Military Royal School opens on the Esplanade of the Fiftieth anniversary in Brussels by a ceremony during which new promotions are solemnly introduced.

Prince Amedeo, elder son of Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, fact part of one of new promotions.

http://www.monarchie.be/media/photos/medium/KMS2.jpg

in 1991 Amedeo and Laura became princes of Belgium whereas they were only archduke of Austria. Joachim Luisa and Leatitia were titrated archiduke of Austria and prince of Belgium to their birth. All are initially archduke of Austria then prince of Belgium. The children of Amedeo,Laura,Joachim,Luisa and of Leatitia will be titrated prince of Belgium. The arreté royal of December 2, 1991 affirms that all the descent of prince Albert, now king, will be titrated prince of Belgium as well the men as the women and that this title is automatically transmissible. (what wants to say that the children of Laura Luisa Leatitia Amedeo Joachim Gabriel and Louise will be a prince of Belgium). On the other hand, prince Lorenz was titrated prince of Belgium only in November 1995 and which it can use it after the titles which are clean for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom