Prince Amedeo; News and Pictures, Part 1; July 2004 - Aug. 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice video.

Am slightly confused though, because it was reported that Amedeo studies Economics, not Management. I suppose the press have gotten it wrong?

Management is a part of Economic studies. I guess the option he chose.

Yeah, at LSE you can study Economics with/and Management, Political Science, History, Philosophy, Mathematics, etc., but you can also study these independently though Economics will always be a tangential subject. However, given how strict the curriculum is I don't think you can do Economics with management as an option unless it is like a minor (i.e. the "with" rather than the "and").

Plus, I think management makes more sense for Amedeo given that his Father is a banker and maybe he will go into business/banking as well.

It's nice that he is getting a degree in a sensible job not just how people go to college just to go and not do anything worthwhile.

hi people :) , just want to show you guys this recent picture that i found in Princess Astrid's Children Thread; it's from this magazine called Point De Vue and i just want to say that Catherine Bergeyck was really nice and scanned it so, THANK YOU ;) Catherine.

Lovely photo. Thanks.

He must be an absolute giant - he's a whole head taller than Alexandra & Marie Gabrielle!

The occasion was:The prince and princess de Ligne and the prince and princess von Stolberg-Stolberg gave a party at the castle of Beloeil (where the de Ligne family lives) in honor of their daughters, princess Alix de Ligne and princess Louise von Stolberg-Stolberg.

LIELAC said:
Why were they throwing them a party? Was it like some kind of debutant ball?
I was asking myself the same question. Does anybody know ? I don't think it was a debutant ball. They are a bit old for that. Besides, Alix already made her debut on the Bal de la Haute Couture. Maybe, it was for their 21st birthday, it is quite common in Belgium to give a party on that age. But I just went checking Alix her birthday and it is on the 3rd of july. A bit late to celebrate, no ? :) About Louise I can't find when her birthday is (or I am too lazy to search well :)).

Coquine said:
About Louise I can't find when her birthday is (or I am too lazy to search well :)).
Princes Louise zu Stolberg-Stolberg was born on 2nd March, 1984.

I'm from Belgium and I have only seen Amedeo once. It was at the military parade when he was still in the military academy. I only saw him a very short time but he looked very good. A friend of my sister was at the ball at the end of the military academy year and she saw Amedeo there. She said that he looks shy and he only spoke to his mother and to a few close friends. So I don't think it is easy to become friends with him. I think he is always a little bit cautious when he meets somebody because there are people who want only to be friends with him because of his title. But that's what I think and I don't know him.

elisabetteke said:
I'm from Belgium and I have only seen Amedeo once. It was at the military parade when he was still in the military academy. I only saw him a very short time but he looked very good. A friend of my sister was at the ball at the end of the military academy year and she saw Amedeo there. She said that he looks shy and he only spoke to his mother and to a few close friends. So I don't think it is easy to become friends with him. I think he is always a little bit cautious when he meets somebody because there are people who want only to be friends with him because of his title. But that's what I think and I don't know him.
:eek: :D :confused: i'd guess thats a good thing, the whole i'm 6th in line to a reigning throne hasnt gone to his head. i feel a bit sorry for him, not being sure whether your "friends" are your friends because they like you or they are only your friends because your inline to succeded to one of the reigning thrones left in Europe. i wish i could be his friend (lol:p ), girlfriend. question, i don't think anyone could answer this but...when amedeo attened school in belgium was he ever a class captain or on a student representative board?
PS: thanks elisabetteke for the insight into the world of belgium royalty, if that made anysense :confused:.

Last edited:
from www.dhnet.be

The prince Amedeo of Belgium, one of the most beautiful parties in the world

BRUSSELS In a recent classification entitled the 100 more beautiful parties, princes and heirs, the weekly magazine Point of view does not hesitate to put in competition these young men of good family and large fortune. Hundred male personalities and, among those, 10 profit from the privilege to integrate the signal of the classification! To decide between these beautiful parties, what of good than to compare their fortune (at least that of which they should inherit) and to enumerate their strong and weak points? And then, it should well be acknowledged, these gentlemen are equipped with an unquestionable charm. Then, Misses, made your choice... since the grass seems greener side of wire and heirs to.
In number one, one could suspect it, prince William of England (his brother Harry is as for him ninth). The son of Charles and Diana did not lose anything of his elegance (perhaps some hair all the same, to see of them the recent stereotypes taken of him), who, already with adolescence, made capsize the hearts. All the charm of British phlegm. Only here, the beautiful prince is already taken by certain Kate Middleton. A detail at side of the fortune of which it will inherit when his father goes up on the throne of England: 490 million euros.
If they are two less known young men who occupy the following places of the classification, Albert, prince von Thurn und Taxis, and Antoine Arnault (wire of the first fortune of France), one finds on the fourth walk of the podium the young ladykiller Andra Casiraghi, son of Caroline of Monaco. At 22 years, it has already very to like and especially a family heritage estimated at 2 billion euros.
But one necessarily should not leave the Belgian territory to meet the good party. Because, in this signal ten, prince Amedeo of Belgium, wire of the princess Astrid, occupies the fifth place. In spite of its youth (20 years), it would be without defect. Are the 12 million euros of heritage worth the blow, not?
Among these princes, there is for all the tastes. With the ray maturity, one finds prince Albert of Monaco, unfortunately perhaps too occupied by his various conquests and his obligations of sovereign. you remains then, why not, the ex of Fergie, prince Andrew of England and his inheritance of 20 million euros. Or (but that would be to attack more extremely than oneself), alluring it prince with the zero defect, Carl-Philip of Sweden. Small precision nevertheless: the size mannequin is necessary to pass the casting!

Last edited by a moderator:
I read in Point de vue Amedeo speaks 5 langages it was not specified which...

I suppose that it speaks French, Dutch, German, English...

which can be the fifth language??

aliocha said:

Maybe the 5th language is Italian. I'm sure Astrid would know Italian because of Paola, so that's just my guess for #5.

Yeah, I also think is Italian, after all both of his grandmothers are italian.

aliocha said:

thats impressive. just curious (and the fact that i got a reminder to post) what language did amedeo choose as his first and second language for his international baccularate? :flowers:

I don't know but since he took his international baccularate when he was at Sevenoaks (a boarding school in england) then I assume that the first language had to be english.

This thread has reached its 10 pages... and it's time for a new one.
Thank you for your contributions.

The new thread for Amedeo can be found here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom