The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 04:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

will he be coming back to Belgium to celebrate his bday with his family?

Old 02-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
will he be coming back to Belgium to celebrate his bday with his family?
i don't know, but i think, he will stay in London and he will celebrate it with his friends

Old 02-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Where does the name Amedeo come from? Why did they name him that?
Old 02-22-2006, 03:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
That is from Amadeus i think. Its my right?
Old 02-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
I suppose that Princess Astrid and Archiduke Lorenz named him after his great-grandfather Prince Amedeo of Savoy-Aosta, the Duke d'Aosta and father of Amedeo's grandmother, Princess Margherita.

Edit: Also Amedeo come from latin Amadeus and means God's love.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg
According to the rules of the House of Habsburg, will he have to mary a royal?
He can marry whoever he wants; the Habsburg rules would only apply to the rank and style of his wife and children. In any case these rules have been much relaxed by the Archduke Otto in recent years, and most Archducal marriages have been declared "equal".
Old 03-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Any royal really could these days if they wanted to.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:12 PM
Gentry

Was Amedeo raised in Belgium? which part?
Old 04-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Nobility

As far as I know, he born in Brussels, but was raised until he was about 7 years old in Bassel (Switzeland) then he went to Brussels where he live until he was 15. At his 15 years old he moved to Kent (UK) and at 18 he returned for a year to Brussels. Now he is living in London.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:14 AM
Nobility

Hi guys,
Just want to let you know that if you go to this website: http://www.vrtnieuws.net/nieuwsnet_m...ek/index.shtml#
+ click on "Op audiëntie" on the side, you can watch a short clip of the Belgian Royal Family (including Amedeo) visiting the Pope. You get to see Amedeo near the end of the clip when the Pope asks him what he is studing and he replies "Mangement". Even though there is a commentry, you can still hear his voice :)

PS: I know what I'm about to write has nothing to do with the topic of this thread but...please don't get upset...It's my BIRTHDAY tommorow :)...I also have a huge test tommorow which really sucks because I'm really worried that i won't remember all the stuff that i need to pass it (wish me luck, please) [only bright side tommorow: it's my 16th B'Day :)]. Anyway I just want to finish up and say thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread, you guys keep me updated with the latest information, on our favourite prince
Old 04-11-2006, 03:47 AM

Nice video.

Am slightly confused though, because it was reported that Amedeo studies Economics, not Management. I suppose the press have gotten it wrong?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:04 AM
Aristocracy

Management is a part of Economic studies. I guess the option he chose.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Gentry

Yeah, at LSE you can study Economics with/and Management, Political Science, History, Philosophy, Mathematics, etc., but you can also study these independently though Economics will always be a tangential subject. However, given how strict the curriculum is I don't think you can do Economics with management as an option unless it is like a minor (i.e. the "with" rather than the "and").

Plus, I think management makes more sense for Amedeo given that his Father is a banker and maybe he will go into business/banking as well.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Nobility

It's nice that he is getting a degree in a sensible job not just how people go to college just to go and not do anything worthwhile.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:13 AM
Nobility

hi people :) , just want to show you guys this recent picture that i found in Princess Astrid's Children Thread; it's from this magazine called Point De Vue and i just want to say that Catherine Bergeyck was really nice and scanned it so, THANK YOU Catherine.

Old 04-22-2006, 08:34 AM

Lovely photo. Thanks.

He must be an absolute giant - he's a whole head taller than Alexandra & Marie Gabrielle!
Old 04-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Gentry

What was the occasion in that picture?
Old 04-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Nobility

The occasion was:The prince and princess de Ligne and the prince and princess von Stolberg-Stolberg gave a party at the castle of Beloeil (where the de Ligne family lives) in honor of their daughters, princess Alix de Ligne and princess Louise von Stolberg-Stolberg.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIELAC
Why were they throwing them a party? Was it like some kind of debutant ball?
I was asking myself the same question. Does anybody know ? I don't think it was a debutant ball. They are a bit old for that. Besides, Alix already made her debut on the Bal de la Haute Couture. Maybe, it was for their 21st birthday, it is quite common in Belgium to give a party on that age. But I just went checking Alix her birthday and it is on the 3rd of july. A bit late to celebrate, no ? :) About Louise I can't find when her birthday is (or I am too lazy to search well :)).
Old 04-26-2006, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coquine
About Louise I can't find when her birthday is (or I am too lazy to search well :)).
Princes Louise zu Stolberg-Stolberg was born on 2nd March, 1984.

Tags
amedeo, archduke amedeo, austria-este, habsburg, pictures, prince amedeo