The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Aristocracy

http://www.rma.ac.be/RMAdotNet/binar...x?T=P&ID=24267

http://www.rma.ac.be/RMAdotNet/binar...x?T=P&ID=24268

http://www.rma.ac.be/RMAdotNet/binar...x?T=P&ID=24269

http://www.rma.ac.be/RMAdotNet/binar...x?T=P&ID=24270

http://www.rma.ac.be/RMAdotNet/binar...x?T=P&ID=24271

http://www.rma.ac.be/RMAdotNet/binar...x?T=P&ID=24273

Old 05-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Amadeo at the christening of Princess Elizabeth...it's an old picture but i've never seen it before...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bel_eli_bap4.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	138114  

Old 05-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

isn't this interesting? Amadeo and his siblings are in line for the Spanish throne...i never knew...

SUCCESSION TO THE SOVEREIGNTY OF THE SPANISH ORDER OF THE GOLDEN FLEECE

H.M. Juan Carlos I, King of Spain, Sovereign
  1. H.R.H. the Infante Don Felipe, Prince of the Asturias
  2. H.R.H. the Infanta Doña Elena, Duchess of Lugo
  3. H.R.H. the Infanta Donã Cristina
  4. H.R.H. the Infante Don Carlos, Duke of Calabria
  5. H.R.H. Don Pedro de Borbón y Orléans, Duke of Noto, Royal Prince of the Two Sicilies
  6. H.I.R.H. Archduchess Doña Maria of Austria, born Royal Princess of the Two Sicilies
  7. H.R.H. Doña Ines de Borbón y Orléans, Royal Princess of the Two Sicilies
  8. H.R.H. Doña Victoria de Borbón y Orléans, Royal Princess of the Two Sicilies
  9. H.I.R.H. Archduchess Margarita of Austria-Este, born Princess of Savoy-Aosta
  10. H.I.R.H. Archduke Lorenzo of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium
  11. H.I.R.H. Archduke Amadeo of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium
  12. H.I.R.H. Archduke Gioachino of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium
  13. H.I.R.H. Archduchess Maria Laura of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium
http://www.chivalricorders.org/royal...n/gldflscn.htm
Old 05-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Nobility

Yes, I knew it. I think is because they are descendants of Infanta Luisa Fernanda (the younger sister of Queen Isabel II) by the line of his grandmother, Princess Margaretha of Savoy-Aosta. Is curios but I think that they are also descendant of the only Savoy King of Spain, Amadeo I, that was the king we had after the I Republic and Queen Isabel.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
isn't this interesting? Amadeo and his siblings are in line for the Spanish throne...i never knew...
Huh, I didn't know that. Kinda' cool. What would happen if, God forbid, everyone before Amedeo in the Belgian and Spanish lines of succession passed away/abdicated. Could he become King of Belgium and Spain? (I expect no...but how would he choose? Would Joachim become King of Spain instead?)
Is that a recent line of succession, though? Aren't Elena and Cristina's children in the line of succession too?
  1. H.R.H. the Infante Don Felipe, Prince of the Asturias
  2. H.R.H. the Infanta Doña Elena, Duchess of Lugo
  3. HE Don Felipe (Froilan) de Todos los Santos Marichalar y de Borbon
  4. HE Doña Victoria de Todos los Santos Marichalar y de Borbon
  5. H.R.H. the Infanta Donã Cristina
  6. HE Don Juan de Todos los Santos Urdangarin y de Borbon
  7. HE Don Pablo de Todos los Santos Urdangarin y de Borbon
  8. HE Don Miguel Urdangarin y de Borbon
  9. ? Urdangarin y de Borbon (We'll know by July :) )
  10. H.R.H. the Infante Don Carlos, Duke of Calabria
  11. H.R.H. Don Pedro de Borbón y Orléans, Duke of Noto, Royal Prince of the Two Sicilies
  12. H.I.R.H. Archduchess Doña Maria of Austria, born Royal Princess of the Two Sicilies
  13. H.R.H. Doña Ines de Borbón y Orléans, Royal Princess of the Two Sicilies
  14. H.R.H. Doña Victoria de Borbón y Orléans, Royal Princess of the Two Sicilies
  15. H.I.R.H. Archduchess Margarita of Austria-Este, born Princess of Savoy-Aosta
  16. H.I.R.H. Archduke Lorenzo of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium
  17. H.I.R.H. Archduke Amadeo of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium
  18. H.I.R.H. Archduke Gioachino of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium
  19. H.I.R.H. Archduchess Maria Laura of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium
Old 05-09-2005, 02:15 AM
Aristocracy

i think you haven't seen this pic yet:)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	10TH ANNIVERSARY OF KING _5.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	139193  
Old 05-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Nobility

At the beggining of the XVI century here, in Spain, reigned the Habsburg and they were Kings of Spain (I think the correct title was King of Aragon and of Castle) and also Emperors of Roman Sacred Empire... so they could. But now, its forbidden, when the Duke Felipe of Anjou accepted the spanish throne he renounced to his rights to the french throne and also Carlos "the pretendent" left the fight for the spanish throne because he became Emperor of the RSE so I think that be King of two different countries is impossible today.
I feel sorry for my horrible English, I know the answer but is to difficult write it in a different language. :(
Old 05-14-2005, 05:17 AM
Heir Apparent

i was just thinking...does Amadeo have any cousins from his father's side? we've seen many from his mother's side...
Old 05-16-2005, 07:23 AM
Aristocracy

I have just found these pics.Amedeo is cute as usual:)

i like the second one
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	143634   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	143635   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	143636  
Old 05-17-2005, 05:16 AM
Courtier

Is he still at Sevenoaks?
Old 05-17-2005, 05:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv
Is he still at Sevenoaks?
No, he finished there last year. He's currently at the Royal Military Academy in Brussels.

Old 05-17-2005, 06:32 AM
Administrator

Paternal Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
I was just thinking...does Amadeo have any cousins from his father's side? we've seen many from his mother's side...
Archduke Lorenz has 2 brothers and 2 sisters...

Archduke Gerhard (1957-) unmarried

Archduke Martin (1959-) married last year to HSH Princess Katharina von Isenburg

Archduchess Maria Beatrix (1954-) married to Riprand, Count von Arco-Zinneberg; they have 1 son and 5 daughters

Archduchess Isabelle (1963-) married to Count Andrea Czarnocki-Lucheschi, and they have four children.

So Archduke Amedeo currently has ten cousins from his father's two sisters.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Warren ^___^ would you by anychance know if Amadeo is also the eldest of cousins of all his cousins from his father's side? ^___^
Old 05-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Courtier

Lorenz oldest sister:

1.Archduchess Maria Beatrix of Austria (*1954), m.1980 Count Riprand von Arco-Zinneberg (*1955)
their children:
Countess Anna Therese von Arco-Zinneberg (*1981)
Countess Margherita von Arco-Zinneberg (*1983)
Countess Olympia von Arco-Zinneberg (*1988)
Countess Maximiliana von Arco-Zinneberg (*1990)
Countess Marie Gabrielle von Arco-Zinneberg (*1992)
Countess Giorgiana von Arco-Zinneberg (*1997)

2.Archduke Gerhard of Austria (*1957) unmarried
3.Archduke Martin of Austria (*1959), m.2004 Princess Katharina of Isenburg (*1971)
4.Archduchess Isabella of Austria (*1963), m.1997 Andrea Czarnocki-Lucheschi (W.Lis) (*1960)
their children:
Alvise Czarnocki-Lucheschi (W.Lis) (*1999)
Carlo Amedeo Czarnocki-Lucheschi (W.Lis) (*2000)
Maria Anna Czarnocki-Lucheschi (W.Lis) (*2002)
Alessandro Czarnocki-Lucheschi (W.Lis) (*2004)

hope this helps:)
Old 05-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Aristocracy

It's strange that all these names sound Italian (Alessandro, Carlo the most). I can't think why an Austrian family would do that.

Old 05-18-2005, 04:26 AM
Administrator

Nothing strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha-louise
It's strange that all these names sound Italian (Alessandro, Carlo the most). I can't think why an Austrian family would do that.
Doesn't LUCHESCHI (Archduchess Isabelle's husband's last name) sound Italian enough? Royals and aristocrats have often married across traditional national borders, and the Habsburgs have always prided themselves on being "Pan-European."

Another reason for the Italian influence is due to the fact that Archduke Lorenz bears the title Archduke of Austria-Este, Head of the [Italian] Ducal House of Modena. He inherited Este through his father, the late Archduke Robert, who died in 1996.

The Duchy of Modena passed to the Habsburg family in 1803, when Duke Ercole (Hercule) III abdicated in favour of his son-in-law Archduke Ferdinand of Austria.

Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir to the Habsburg Empire (who was assassinated at Sarajevo in 1914) bore the Este rights and possessions; these passed to the Archduke Karl, who became Emperor of Austria in 1916. He in turn passed them to his second son the Archduke Robert, thus founding a new branch of the Habsburg dynasty.

In an interesting (and little-discussed) "what if" of history... if Crown Prince Philippe had never married, or had no living descendants, then in due course the Belgian throne would have been occupied by Archduke Amedeo of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium, and the Habsburg dynasty would have regained a Kingdom.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

But wouldn't Amedeo keep the name, title etc of Belgium royalty? After all, that is what he is recognized to be first and foremost.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:05 AM
Administrator

King Amedeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
But wouldn't Amedeo keep the name, title etc of Belgium royalty? After all, that is what he is recognized to be first and foremost.
Yes, but he would still be an Archduke of Astria-Este, and his surname/family name would be Habsburg and not Saxe-Coburg & Gotha.

Amedeo, along with his father and siblings, were made Princes and Princesses of Belgium in a case of well-planned dynastic foresight. A "just in case" scenario for the eventuality of Princess Astrid, or her descendants, inheriting the throne.

But as it has turned out, Philippe has married and has children so the Habsburg option is now just an historical "what if". The dynastic pressure is off, and Amedeo can return to being what he was born, an Archduke of Austria-Este and a member of the Habsburg dynasty, as well as his Belgian family.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Here's a pic of him in a suit... he was going to a memorial service for GD Josephine...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Amadeo.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	159565  
Old 06-18-2005, 01:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Once again, I don't think these have been posted (I think I would have remembered if they had). It said that there were from the "12 Labours"; maybe it's some activity to do with this. Not really sure. At least we know he likes Coke. :p

Closed Thread

Tags
amedeo, archduke amedeo, austria-este, habsburg, pictures, prince amedeo