King Albert II and Queen Paola, Current Events; Part 3 (Aug. 2010 - July 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Albert and Queen Paola attending the annual conference of the
European Commision Humanitarian Partners, Brussels, 19 October 2010.

The little flower girl is really cute :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

King Albert has received German Chancellor Angela Merkel at Laeken Castle
on November 2, 2010 in Brussels. Belgian Prime Minister Yves Leterme was
also present.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

King Albert during a ceremony dedicated to people who received a nobility
title in 2009, Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at the Royal Castle in Laken-
Laeken, Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Esmerelda, King Abdullah had been on a two-day working visit to Belgium to
meet European leaders and members of the European People's Party taking
part in the party's summit, some themes have been Jordan's partnership
with the EU, developments in the Middle East and peace efforts.

King Albert delivering his traditional Christmas speech at the Royal Palace in
Brussels December 24, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery **

King Albert and Queen Paola spent Xmas in Italy. They went their immediatly after Albert had recorded his Christmas speech and they stay with Paola’s nieces Emanuela, Antonella, and Giovanna San Martino di San Germano, who run the family estate in San Martino Alfieri in Piemonte. The three nieces are confidants of Paola. Most likely Albert and Paola are still in Italy.
The Christmas dinner with their children and grandchildren had already taken place 2 weeks ago in Laken.

Thanks a lot for the update, *Mara*! May I ask where you got the information from (was there a newspaper-article etc.)?:flowers:
It's nice to hear that Queen Paola also seems to be in an intimate relationship with the daughters of her late sister Maria-Cristina, whom -to my humble knowledge- she deeply appreciated...

Last edited:
It was a newpaper article from Het Nieuwsblad. :flowers: Here it is:
Het Nieuwsblad - Koningspaar op kerstvakantie bij nichten Paola
Thank you again, *Mara*! From what I could properly understand in Dutch, it was a very nice article. A somewhat "tricky" question: Who is who in the picture showing Queen Paola's three nieces? Anyway, the lady on the left bears a striking resemblance to Princess Astrid i.m.o. -just take a look at that smile...

Thank you again, *Mara*! From what I could properly understand in Dutch, it was a very nice article. A somewhat "tricky" question: Who is who in the picture showing Queen Paola's three nieces? Anyway, the lady on the left bears a striking resemblance to Princess Astrid i.m.o. -just take a look at that smile...

You are welcome! Your question is indeed tricky and I can´t answer it properly. I once saw them talking on tv and I have a vague memory that the woman in the middle is Emanuela, but I could be completly wrong. And you are right, the lady on the left looks alot like Astrid.

Yesterday, January 25, King Albert has met with Hungary's President Pal Schmitt
at the Laeken Royal Palace in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Today, January 26, he has given a reception for the persons who contributed to
the success of the Belgian pavilion at the 2010 Shanghai Expo, at the Royal Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

King Albert has visited the Police Complex 'Geruzet' in Brussels, February 3rd,
2011. The King attended a working meeting on the functioning of the integrated
police forces.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga ** daylife gallery **

Last edited:
Do you know that the Belgians had to vote for the most important person of the year.
The result of the votes is HM King Albert II. Well done

Queen Paola attends the conference "Excision and Religion" held at the Institute for Equality between Women and Men in Anderlecht on February 4th, 2011. GAMS (non-profit organisation against female genital mutilation) and non-profit organisation Intact organised a debate called "Excision and Religion" ahead of the International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation that will take place on 6 February.
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Belga picture gallery: BelgaPicture - Category details

:previous:There are three youtube-videos in French from the conference "Excision and Religion", filmed by Jacques Chevalier (coordinator of CMGF de Liège):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvOdZ3ncLeY&feature=related
(conversation among participants of the conference, including Queen Paola and health minister Laurette Onkelinx)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx01c0TA37A&feature=related
(speech of Laurette Onkelinx)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7qAtcT8uB4&feature=related
(introductory speech of Kadhidiatou Diallo, president and foundress of GAMS-Belgium)

King Albert pictured during a visit at the CSC / ACV christian union at the
occasion of the 125 anniversary of the workers confederation, in Brussels,
Tuesday 08 February 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Do you know that the Belgians had to vote for the most important person of the year.
The result of the votes is HM King Albert II. Well done

The Belgian magazine "Royals" has dedicated a whole article to King Albert II as the Belgian of the year 2010 :). According to that article, nearly 75% of the readers of "Paris Match Belgique", "La Dernière Heure/Les Sports", "La Libre Belgique" and RTL/TVI had voted for his majesty -albeit one must consider the fact that all the above mentioned media relate to the French speaking community. Nevertheless, we can see the king just on the cover of the Flemish "Royals"-edition ;):Deze maand

Queen Paola attended the preview of director Caroline Glorion's new movie
"Joseph, the unsubmissive person" at the Arenberg Cinema in Brussels on
Monday 21 february 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Thanks for the pictures. Lovely to see them interacting with the public and having a nice event together instead of all the political stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom