Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde: Current News Part 9

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can find more about him in the thead "Mathilde's family"

On 23rd of January princess Mathilde will atend a workmeeting for the 10th aniversary of the Fortis Foundation. Theme is "the patronage has the gift to innovate". (whatever that may mean...)

In this week point de vue there's a picture of Philippe, Paola and Mathilde (with another couple) on the boat in Italy. It's a different one from the those in the papers last week.

This afternoon I was listening to Klara, Belgian classical radio. There was an interview with sister Jeanne Devos. She's a Belgian mission sister who's been working in India whole her life. She works for women's rights, education for girls, against sexual abuse of children and for a better life for female servants. this year she was nominated for the Nobel peace prize.

Princess Mathilde visited her last year, on her economic mission to India.

She said in the interview that she's going to open the American congress on child abuse in San Diego in a few days. Because this congress collaborates with a similar congress in Leuven (Belgium), they had asked princess Mathilde to open the congress in San Diego. She accepted, but because of the birth of Emmanuel and her busy agenda she's finally not able to go. Jeanne Devos will go in her place and Mathilde has sent a videomessage that will be shown.

On Mathilde's visit to her work in India Jeanne Devos said the following : "Perhaps it has to do with her past as speech therapist, but she knew how to approach the children and make them feel at ease. In their eyes she was some kind of fairy tale princess. After she visited our institute, I accompanied her on a part of the D'Mello Road [slums in Bombay] She was very touched by what she saw. I'm seventy years old : I notice immediately when people are sincere and when they aren't. Machteld, her collaborator, has phoned a few times since they left. If I should need it, I know how to reach the princess."

(Humo, 3394)

Last edited:
Thank you for that information. I enjoy reading comments like that because it gives greater insight into the persons character. In this case, it only confirms the insights you can see glean from photos. CP Mathilde just gets better and better doesn't she? Catherine, can you arrange for some of us to meet with her?!:)

Happy Birthday Princess Mathilde!:) :) Keep on being the wonderful princess you are!;) ;)

Happy birthday to the beautiful Princess !

Yes, I agree with the above, a Happy Birthday to a wonderful woman.

On the 18th January princess Mahilde presided a worklunch on the universal topic of child mistreatment. Multidisciplinary experts talked about their experiences in Belgium and abroad. Princess Mathilde was impressed by the scale of the problem, and will continue to follow this subject closely.

Source : monarchy.be

Happy Birthday to Mathilde. I hope she's had a great birthday and enjoys what's left of it.:)

Hope we get to see Philippe and Mathilde at the christening tomorrow as it seems they're going. But at the moment the weather conditions in Denmark are terrible and the airport in Copenhagen is closed - no planes are landing, no planes are taking off. But that could clear up by tomorrow. I hope it does, and that we get to see them there along with the other royals, who are going.:)

Mette2 said:
Happy Birthday to Mathilde. I hope she's had a great birthday and enjoys what's left of it.:)

Hope we get to see Philippe and Mathilde at the christening tomorrow as it seems they're going. But at the moment the weather conditions in Denmark are terrible and the airport in Copenhagen is closed - no planes are landing, no planes are taking off. But that could clear up by tomorrow. I hope it does, and that we get to see them there along with the other royals, who are going.:)

Planes are now allowed to take off from Copenhagen's airport, so hopefully planes will be able to land too soon, and then we'll be able to see Philippe and Mathilde along with other foreign royals at the christening.:)

Thank you for the update, Mette2! As always, I am hoping to get a glimpse of them along with several others!

Happy Birthday, Mathilde. From your friends in the U.S. :)

Have a very wonderful day!!

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
In this week point de vue there's a picture of Philippe, Paola and Mathilde (with another couple) on the boat in Italy. It's a different one from the those in the papers last week.

here it is (posted by Joris, originally from Point de Vue)

Filip & Mathilde have arrived in the church in Copenhagen for the baptism: Mathilde is dressed in red (once again). She 's wearing a red dress covered by the red cape trimmed with fur that she wore in China, and a red hat she already wore for the Italian state visit to Belgium.

I'm not too wild about the overall result. It's a bit too much of the same color and the hat doesn't really go with the cape IMO.

This cape:http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=166980&d=1120937617

This hat : http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23745&d=1067105296

Here are photos of them at the baptism, Mathilde's showing her fabulous legs :)

ANP

Red does seem to be her favourite and she carries it well very! I envy her, cos if I were to wear red from head to toe, I end up looking like an over ripe tomato!

On another note, she really look good for a mother of 3 and the 3rd a recent addition....i'm hoping and praying that i can look half as good as she and CP Letizia after i've had my second one!

Yes, some women are favoured by nature, while the rest of us have to do an effort...

Here's one from the couple after the ceremony, at the Christianborg Slot. Polfoto.

Dashing without the cape!

dagbladet, face to face, expressen, DPA, seegerpress

Last edited:
Hannelore said:
here it is (posted by Joris, originally from Point de Vue)quote]

Thank you very much for posting this Hannelore.:) It's nice to see royals in private settings. Although I think it's great when they get to be left alone without photographers and reporters being all around them all the time. The picture from Portofino of Albert with his camera was in this week's issue of Billed-Bladet, so that was great to see. I hope some of the other pictures from Portofino will be in next week's issue.:D But at least I think there'll be a picture of Philippe and Mathilde at the christening.:) Also thank you for all the pictures you've posted of them at that event. It was great to see them on tv.:)

23/01/2006
Working Luncheon
Lunch organized in Brussels within the framework of the 10th anniversary of Fortis Foundation, having for topic "Meeting for the Future 2006: the patronage has the gift to innovate ".
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM: Princess Mathilde is welcomed by Fortis chairman Maurice Lippens during a dinner to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Fortis Foundation, Monday 23 January 2005 in Brussels.
(from belgapic)

Attachments

• p3808577.jpg
    p3808577.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 286
  • p3808609.jpg
    p3808609.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 216
  • p3808610.jpg
    p3808610.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 230
  • p3808611.jpg