Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde: Current News Part 9

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathérine Bergeyck said:
On 14th February Mathilde will leave on a UN AIDS mission to Tanzania. As special Unicef/UNAIDS representant, princess Mathilde will accompany the executive directors Ann Veneman and Peter Piot. They essence of the visit will be fieldwork,and for Mathilde : orphans and children affected by AIDS.

yay! that is wonderful! how long will the trip last?

is this connected to her microcredit work?

Great photos everyone! Thank you so much for posting. I also appreciate the news on the visit to Tanzania and, as with the above post, I wonder if this is connected with Microcredit? Any ideas?

Mathilde is absolutely kind and lovely...one of the most elegant and warm Crown Princess :)

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
On 14th February Mathilde will leave on a UN AIDS mission to Tanzania. As special Unicef/UNAIDS representant, princess Mathilde will accompany the executive directors Ann Veneman and Peter Piot. The essence of the visit will be fieldwork and for Mathilde : orphans and children affected by AIDS.

this is great news.. i'm glad she still keep up her humanitarian visit every year.
i guess there'll be no valentine day for philippe & mathilde. then again, everyday is already 'valentine' for them.

do you know how many days she will stay there?

2 more from the visit to Crédal (APL)

Attachments

• X00209_9-755362.jpg
    X00209_9-755362.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 212
  • X00210_9-599798.jpg
    X00210_9-599798.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 223
Thank you, Catherine. It is very interesting to learn more about the work of Credal.

I just read at the SRMB that prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde will be present at the christening of the little prince in Denmark. It will be broadcasted live on German channel ZDF on the 21st January.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
I just read at the SRMB that prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde will be present at the christening of the little prince in Denmark. It will be broadcasted live on German channel ZDF on the 21st January.
I'm a bit surprised that they are going. Are Frederik and Phillipe known to be close?

I wondered the same thing -- but I also think it is a nice opportunity for some of the young Crown Princely (even though they're not all called that) families to get together and further their (hopefully) friendships. I am hoping Felipe and Letizia will be included in the group since she is so new to the royal fold.

kwanfan said:
I'm a bit surprised that they are going. Are Frederik and Phillipe known to be close?

Not that I know (but then again what do I know ;)). But it's a nice surprise. We'll be seeing a lot of them the next weeks!

Last edited:
In March 2006 prince Philippe and princess Mathilde will preside an economic mission to South Africa.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates, Catherine. They have alot of work to prepare for in the coming months but it will be so nice to see more of Mathilde again!

yes indeed it will :) shes a very pretty lady

Fantastic news, they're a hardworking couple, even with 3 small children!

pollyemma said:
you should just marry a prince! then you'll get your jaguar.

It's too late. I already found my (beggar) prince :):):):)

More photos from the visit to Credal and the carpenter's workshop, Isopix, with Jelka's help.

Attachments

• preview8.jpg
    preview8.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 173
  • preview11.jpg
    preview11.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 189
  • preview10.jpg
    preview10.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 167
  • preview9.jpg
    preview9.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 168
  • preview7.jpg
    preview7.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 177
  • preview6.jpg
    preview6.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 177
  • preview5.jpg
    preview5.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 165
  • preview4.jpg
    preview4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 169
  • preview3.jpg
    preview3.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 185
  • preview2.jpg
    preview2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 169
The children of the local village school were waiting for them outside. Mathilde asked them if they had had good results for their christmas bulletin. The little girl in the red coat gave her flowers. Mathilde asked how old she was and she stuck up two fingers, the princess turned to Filip, also showing him two fingers and saying "Like Gabriel".

Attachments

• preview13.jpg
    preview13.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 172
  • preview26.jpg
    preview26.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 209
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 164
  • preview19jh.jpg
    preview19jh.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 215
  • preview18.jpg
    preview18.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 185
  • preview17.jpg
    preview17.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 151
  • preview16.jpg
    preview16.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 144
  • preview15.jpg
    preview15.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 169
  • preview14.jpg
    preview14.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 165
  • preview12.jpg
    preview12.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 166
When they visited the workshop they talked to the participants: how long had they ben there, what were they learning, what were their future plans; and to the trainers who also play an important role in motivating the participants to continue the job.

Attachments

• preview20.jpg
    preview20.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 201
  • preview21.jpg
    preview21.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 144
  • preview22.jpg
    preview22.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 146
  • preview23.jpg
    preview23.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 157
  • preview24.jpg
    preview24.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 144
  • preview25.jpg
    preview25.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 161
Are there people here who have had a christmasscard from the princely couple? Did they take a new picture with all five of them?

martha-louise said:
Are there people here who have had a christmasscard from the princely couple? Did they take a new picture with all five of them?

Yes, I did receive a christmascard from Filip and Mathilde, but this year it comes without a photo, it's a plain thank you-card, just like the one we received for Emmanuel's birth.

Oh that's a pitty! I think they should keep it like tradition to send each year a picture...

Great photos, Hannelore and Jelka! I especially like the second picture in post 143 of Mathilde. She looks as though she is encouraging someone with her facial attentiveness, if that is such and expression.

Prince Philippe has left for Kuwait City today, together with Didier Donfut (state secretary for European affairs), to pay his respects to the first minister tomorrow.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Prince Philippe has left for Kuwait City today, together with Didier Donfut (state secretary for European affairs), to pay his respects to the first minister tomorrow.

has he arrived yet? i noticed that prince felipe of spain & prince charles of britain has paid their respects. :confused:

Maybe there are just no photos of him... He should be back by now!

Didn't know where to post this (as there is no thread on Mathilde's family) but 'Renee' posted on the Benelux Royals MB that it is said on the Royaute2 site that Countess Elisabeth d'Udekem-d'Acoz (sister of Mathilde) is engaged to Markgraf Alfonso Pallavicini (b. 1964), son of Markgraf Karl-Alexander Pallavicini and of Avagora Ctsa degli Azzoni Avagadro. Alfonso is a nephew of Duchess Helene of Wurttemberg.

Is Elisabeth the one who dated with Prince Charles-Phillipe d'Orleans, Duke of Anjou? Or is that Helene? Anyway, I believe Charles-Phillipe is courting the younger Duchess of Cadaval these days.

Marengo said:
Didn't know where to post this (as there is no thread on Mathilde's family) but 'Renee' posted on the Benelux Royals MB that it is said on the Royaute2 site that Countess Elisabeth d'Udekem-d'Acoz (sister of Mathilde) is engaged to Markgraf Alfonso Pallavicini (b. 1964), son of Markgraf Karl-Alexander Pallavicini and of Avagora Ctsa degli Azzoni Avagadro. Alfonso is a nephew of Duchess Helene of Wurttemberg.

Is Elisabeth the one who dated with Prince Charles-Phillipe d'Orleans, Duke of Anjou? Or is that Helene? Anyway, I believe Charles-Phillipe is courting the younger Duchess of Cadaval these days.

Yes , Elisabeth was dating Prince Chalres-Phillipe d' Orleans

So, is Elisabeth's fiance german or belgian? thank you.
Also, are there any photos of Elisabeth?

Italian I believe, but his family was a prominent one in the austrian-hungarian empire, and his anscestos married a lot of tsjech/hungarian nobles. Probably he is related to Marie-Christine of Kent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom