Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde: Current Events Part 8

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathérine Bergeyck said:
It also crossed my mind that it could be on the 4th of December, on their 6th wedding anniversary.

So the expression "great minds think alike" is actually true.;) I think the baptism will happen in December since Philippe will be on an economic mission in late November. But my mind is not soo great that I can be absolutely sure of that.:D

From picturedesk/contrast.

October 24th.

Philippe presents Didier de Callatau and Didier Reynders of Callatay and Wouters with 2005 'Company of the Year' award in Brussels.

Attachments

• 6601415.jpg
    6601415.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 6601414.jpg
    6601414.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 6601413.jpg
    6601413.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 6601412.jpg
    6601412.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 149
26 October 2005

175/25 : prince Philippe visits the exhibition "Passe à la maison, c’est du Wallon", about 25 years of technique, industry and science in Wallonia, at the Bois-du-Cazier in Marcinelle. (V.R.)

Attachments

• philippe-cazier.jpeg
    philippe-cazier.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 192
It's great we'll see Mathilde again on the 17th. I had a look at the calander at the official website for the royal family, and so far Mathilde's name is not on the list for who will be attending King's Feast. I thought that's a bit strange, since she'll be on official duty just two days later. But who knows. She might be there for King's Feast afterall. That would certainly be great.

Oh, I really hope she'll be there too. :) It's been so long since we've seen her (well, at least it seems like it), but it's perfectly understandable.

As anounced on the royal agenda, she won't be present for king's feast, and neither will Claire :( :(

Are the time demands for King's Feast greater than for the event on the 17th? I wonder if she is still breastfeeding if it makes it hard for her to gone for long periods of time. I sure am looking forward to seeing her, though.

I had a look at the calender at the official website for the royal family and so far Mathilde's name is not on list for who will be attending King's Feast and on the 17th.:confused:

Hannelore said:
As anounced on the royal agenda, she won't be present for king's feast, and neither will Claire :( :(

...:( I really wanted to see her again.

Hannelore said:

oh i didnt know that but CP Mathilde is on maternity leave but im not sure how long? and im not sure about Claire would attend or not because of have twins if Claire would attend or not we have wait and see at King's feast.

Sara Boyce

selminha said:
I had a look at the calender at the official website for the royal family and so far Mathilde's name is not on list for who will be attending King's Feast and on the 17th.:confused:

A while ago Mathilde was on the list of the royals, who will participate in the event on the 17th (as Hannelore said), but I too noticed today at the calender at the official website that her name is no longer on there.:( However, the 17th is not until next week, so maybe we can still be pleasantly surprised.:) But I also think she should take the time she needs before returning to official duties.:)

Yes - sigh - I agree, too. Being a parent should be the first priority and it certainly is with M & P. But I sure miss seeing her!

Just less than a week Emily, mark the 17th in your diary :)

it'a pity she's not there on the 15th yet, but well...

Pictures from Picturedesk/contrast.

November 14th.

Philippe at forum on Space & Education in Brussels.

Attachments

• 6657136.jpg
    6657136.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 6657135.jpg
    6657135.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 115
Hannelore - I didn't see your response until just now! ...and now I have less than 24 hours to go, unless she doesn't show up tomorrow! I did get a glimpse of her on some thread, today, though, which was very nice!

childofgod1982 said:
I think she will be the next "queen of hearts". Princess Mathilde I mean.

Each princess is very much apreciated in her own country.

And there was only one queen of hearts, you can find her shouting "Off with his head!" in Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland ;):)

Princess mathilde and prince philipp wil attend the baptism of princess alexia of the netherlands tomorrow. Mathilde will be a godmother of alexia.

Le prince Philippe devant conduire une Mission Economique au Bresil du 19 au 26 Novembre, la Princesse sera peut-être seul au baptême

alexandresylvie said:
Le prince Philippe devant conduire une Mission Economique au Bresil du 19 au 26 Novembre, la Princesse sera peut-être seul au baptême

Just to translate:

Prince Philippe may have to lead an Economic mission to Brazil from 19 to November 26, the Princess will be perhaps alone at the baptism.

i hope Princess Mathilde will bring at least Princess Elisabeth & Prince Gabriel.
It would be great for Elisabeth to meet Catharina-Amalia (Amalia has met Ingrid Alexandra, so why not Elisabeth?)
even though they're still very young, it would be fun to see 2 future queens interact...

purple_platinum said:
i hope Princess Mathilde will bring at least Princess Elisabeth & Prince Gabriel.
It would be great for Elisabeth to meet Catharina-Amalia (Amalia has met Ingrid Alexandra, so why not Elisabeth?)
even though they're still very young, it would be fun to see 2 future queens interact...

They seemed very friendly at (I think) the UN event last year? Mathilde was wearing a white blouse, really beautiful, and Maxima wore a similar one recently.

I once saw pictures (I think it's a couple of years ago) of Philippe and Mathilde visiting WA and Máxima in The Hague and they seemed to be very good friends. I think it would be really nice if they where, since the Netherlands and Belgium are neighbouring countries and we share for a part the same history and language.

A year before the engagement of Maxima and Alex , Princess Maxima lived in Brussel . Filip and Mathilde were the one who helped her to get to know the protocol . Maxima was also one of the first people to go visit Mathilde when she gave birth to Elisabeth . I think those two woman have built a warm friendship in the past years ,they have also a lot in commend ( both have a daugher who will become queen , learning dutch , they wear the same clothes of Natan:) )They are my two favourite woman of the Royals!;)

Emilia, do you know if maxima went to live in Brussels specifically to learn protocol and receive other "training" in that way? Or was she there for a job? I agree with you, I also enjoy these two the most but I am slightly partial to Mathilde at this point!

A couple of questions: first, Catherine -- are you reading these posts and just not active here these days? I am missing your commentaries! Also, does anyone know what upcoming events are for the the Duke and Duchess of Brabant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom