Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde: Current Events Part 8

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kelly9480 said:
I was told on this forum that Elisabeth was born a week early.

actually they told us ( Mathilde and Philip) that baby would come around 15 november , but Mahtilde deliverd on 25 october . However Elisabeth was a small baby , she was no premature

kelly9480 said:
No, it must depend on where you live. Premature where I live is considered anything a week or more before the due date. My niece was born 10 days before we expected and the doctor described her as premature.

In France we consider that a baby is premature when he's born at least four weeks before the due date.

Danielane said:
In France we consider that a baby is premature when he's born at least four weeks before the due date.

In Belgium they speak of a premature when the baby weight less than 2 kg

Emilia said:
In Belgium they speak of a premature when the baby weight less than 2 kg

In France that is 2,5 kg. There is a link between the "prematurity" and the weight of the baby.

premies

In the u.s anything up to 37 weeks is considered premature.

kelly9480 said:
Elisabeth was born premature, though, so that wasn't trickery on her parents' part. And Gabriel was born in the latter half of August, so they could have just under-estimated how far along Mathilde was in her pregnancy.

No, you're right kelly9480 that Philippe and Mathilde didn't trick us the other two times. The reason why I said Philippe and Mathilde had fooled us, is because a while ago some of us were joking that Philippe and Mathilde couldn't "fool" us anymore by saying the baby would be born in October, because Elisabeth was due for November but born in October, and Gabriel was due for September but born in August. That's why some of us thought their third baby would be born in September and not October. But since the baby hasn't been born yet, some of us are not as "smart" as we thought we were.:D (Sorry about my "smart" remark. I hope no one is offended, because that's not my intention.:eek:)

In Denmark it's considered normal if the baby is born two weeks before its due-date, or two weeks after its due-date. I do think the weight also plays a part in determining if the baby is born premature

From picturedesk/contrast.

September 29th.

Philippe attends a mass at Saint-Michel Church at the College of Saint-Michel.

Attachments

• 6514644.jpg
    6514644.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 249
  • 6514643.jpg
    6514643.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 6514642.jpg
    6514642.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 259
  • 6514641.jpg
    6514641.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 6514640.jpg
    6514640.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 236
  • 6514639.jpg
    6514639.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 6514638.jpg
    6514638.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 260
  • 6514637.jpg
    6514637.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 230
I have a feeling that Belgium have a new prince or Princess later today or tomorrow!

From Getty Images.

October 3rd.

Philippe in Brussels during President Vladimir Putin's visit to Belgium.

Attachments

• 55845555.jpg
    55845555.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 55842094.jpg
    55842094.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 286
Is that right!??
I saw at the Laeken-plat that Mathilde has born a baby??

I my newspaper this morning I road that Mahtilde would deliver any day now . they told also that Mahtilde was seen in the Louizalaan ( fency street in Brussel)and she bought some very cute mini pink dresses !:)

I also vote for a girl. And if it is, I suppose at least Joséphine or Charlotte included in her name, in memory of her grand-aunt, the late Grand-Duchess of Luxembourg.

It must be a girl, if the princess has been spotted buying pink clothes. In case of names, we musn't forget the memory of mathildes sister and grandmother who died in a tragic way. It wouldn't surprise me if the baby's name would refer to one of those names.

well, good luck to Mathilde (and Phillipe)!!! Let's hope that the child will be strong and healthy and that the delivery will be quick and smooth.

The pink clothes could also be for Elisabeth...
I didn't know her sister and grandmother died in a such tragic way!!

LaMinka said:
I have a feeling that Belgium have a new prince or Princess later today or tomorrow!

Your feeling was right,today early in the morning indeed,princess Mathilde was admitted in the hospital Erasme where prince Philppe had been also see today morning.

So,in few hours,we will know if it's a boy or a girl:)

Monalisa said:
Your feeling was right,today early in the morning indeed,princess Mathilde was admitted in the hospital Erasme where prince Philppe had been also see today morning.

So,in few hours,we will know if it's a boy or a girl:)

It lasts a lot... Usually a thrid child is very quick to be born.

May she have a little hour (as we say here).

JH on the Benelux board is reporting that Mathilde had a boy named [font=verdana, arial]HRH Prince Emanuel Leopold Guillaume Francois Marie.[/font]

Sofie on GREMB just reported the same thing. A boy at 13:06 Belgian time. Emmanuel Leopold Guillaume Francois Marie

Last edited:
Danielane said:
It lasts a lot... Usually a thrid child is very quick to be born.

You were right about that Danielane. It only took about 5 hours from the time Mathilde was admitted to the hospital till the baby was born. Nice for her that she didn't have to be in labour for hours and hours.

I know this is off tropic but do you have links or videos were I can here Mathilde speak? She has a truly beautiful voice!

Mette2 said:
You were right about that Danielane. It only took about 5 hours from the time Mathilde was admitted to the hospital till the baby was born. Nice for her that she didn't have to be in labour for hours and hours.

Five hours is long for a third child. I know lot of third children who were born in one hour, sometimes least.

martha-louise said:
It must be a girl, if the princess has been spotted buying pink clothes. In case of names, we musn't forget the memory of mathildes sister and grandmother who died in a tragic way. It wouldn't surprise me if the baby's name would refer to one of those names.

How did they die??

Danielane said:
Five hours is long for a third child. I know lot of third children who were born in one hour, sometimes least.

But it's also that Mahtilde had the first time a c-section , so actually this is her second naturel delivering

Emilia said:
But it's also that Mahtilde had the first time a c-section , so actually this is her second naturel delivering

Yes, I forgot...

SarahLindeau said:
How did they die??

Her sister and grandmother died in a car accident in '97. It was a very big shock for her family. Prince Philippe attended the funeral.

Danielane said:

Sorry.:eek: I really don't know what's considered a fast delivery whether it's for a second or third child. 5 hours just sounded quite quick to me.:)

Mette2 said:
Sorry.:eek: I really don't know what's considered a fast delivery whether it's for a second or third child. 5 hours just sounded quite quick to me.:)

It must be long for the woman who suffers during the birth.:confused:

martha-louise said:
Her sister and grandmother died in a car accident in '97. It was a very big shock for her family. Prince Philippe attended the funeral.

That's terrible. When did Mathilde and Phillipe marry? Were they already together in 1997? Sorry, I don't know much about the Belgian RF.

Yes, they were already together in 1997. Filip was at the funeral (and Mathilde's father, count Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz said at the time of the engagement that he had been a support for the entire family).

They got married in December 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom