Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 19

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link to HRH's speech in English Iceflower. Julliette's right. It was a good one.

This is such an important issue for all of us in what's considered to be the "Advanced Countries" and also I think a portion of the current Financial Crisis we're dealing w/. If children and Pre Teens/Teens aren't taught how to properly handle their money and to do it wisely, well...We've all seen what can happen in the long term.

Is Maxima also attending this? I'd think as this fits in w/her role w/the UN when it comes to Global Microfinance, she would be.

You are most welcome, julliette and Tiggersk8! Máxima has not been listed to attend the meeting as well and if she had been there we would surely have seen some pics, but I agree, it perfectly fits into her assignment and field of interest..

Here are some more pics and a video of the meeting of Crown Prince Philippe and European Council President Herman Van Rompuy today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Meeting with the Prince Philippe of Belgium - YouTube

Both Philippe and Mathilde have lost weight recently, maybe it's a new fitness program? they both like to keep in shape ;)

Crown Prince Philippe has attended the Last Post ceremony, a commemoration of World War I, at the Menenport, in Ieper (Ypres) on November 11, 2012. The ceasefire went into effect in 1918 as Germany signed an armistice agreement with the Allies. They also commemorate the victims of the Second World War II (1940-1945) and of humanitarian and peace operations after 1945.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

** rtl.be video: La cérémonie du Last Post à Ypres, en présence du Prince Philippe **

** lavenir.net gallery: Armistice : des milliers de personnes se réunissent à Ypres pour la cérémonie du Last Post **

Last edited:
MMM Philippe in an uniform... yes, I do like that :p

Getting to actually see the ceremony at the Menen Gate is one of the many things I have on my bucket list that I hope to be able to achieve someday. Thanks for the links and are there any to an actual video of the entire ceremony? Not just of Phillipe laying his wreath in tribute, but of the entire thing?

Thanks in advance!!

Thank you IceFlower for the link. Prince Philippe certainly looks very handsome in his uniform.

:previous:

You are most welcome, Daisiesforever! And Tiggersk8, I've tried but couldn't find a video of the whole ceremony, here's at leat the link to the official site in case you haven't found it yourself yet :flowers:.

According to a press release of the Royal House's website Crown Prince Philippe, Crown Princess Mathilde and their children yesterday also received contemporary witnesses for a meeting at the Castle of Laeken. They met with witnesses of the second World War to honour them and to teach the children about the need to remember and to respect the suffering.

** source: monarchie.be: Rencontre avec des témoins de la 2ème Guerre Mondiale **

Crown Princess Mathilde has made a visit to the "Tehuis voor Foorreizigers- en Schipperskinderen" (boarding school for children of fairground travelers and skipper children), during the reading-week, in Etterbeek on November 19, 2012.

A real princess reading bedtime stories - must have been a great evening for the kids! :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:

Crown Princess Mathilde has made a visit to the "Tehuis voor Foorreizigers- en Schipperskinderen" (boarding school for children of fairground travelers and skipper children), during the reading-week, in Etterbeek on November 19, 2012.

A real princess reading bedtime stories - must have been a great evening for the kids! :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

Thanks for the pics. The kids on the bed and Mathide reading, lovely.

The belgian post released a new stamp for 2012 with a picture of Mathilde who is celebrating her 40 birthday next year.

Picture

That's a stunning picture!!! she's a beautiful woman but sometimes doesn't photograph well :flowers:

What a great stamp - Mathilde looks really wonderful on it! Thanks a lot for sharing, stephanievl!

Here are some more pics and information about yesterday's event:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** nieuwsblad.be: Prinses Mathilde leest voor aan schipperskinderen ** translation **

And today, November 20, Mathilde has made a visit to 'De Poolster - L'Etoile Polaire', a rehabilitation center for children with hearing and developmental disabilities, in Sint-Agatha Berchem/Berchem-Sainte-Agathe, Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery **

** brusselnieuws.be video: Video: Prinses Mathilde bezoekt revlidatiecentrum De Poolster **

Last edited:
Last edited:

Yesterday, December 10, Crown Prince Philippe received a delegation of the Royal National Union of Reserve Officers of Belgium (URNOR) and of the Royal National Reserce NCO of Belgium (URNSOR) at the Royal Palace in Brussels. They were awarded with the "King's Cup".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** mil.be gallery **

Yesterday evening, December 12, Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde attended "Kim's Thank You Games", a gala tennis event for Kim Clijsters in Antwerp. The four time Grand Slam champion retired from tennis at the US Open this year but wanted to thank her fans with a ceremonial farewell match.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

** standaard.be video: Kim Clijsters neemt afscheid van het tennis **

** hln.be gallery: Beklijvende beelden Kim's Thank You Games **

** standaard.be gallery: Prins Filip en prinses Mathilde wensen Kim succes **

And today, December 13, Mathilde has made a visit to the Gynecology-Oncology department at the hospital Universitair Ziekenhuis UZ Gasthuisberg in Leuven:

** belga gallery **

** svenskdam.se: Kronprinsessan Mathilde på hemmaplan ** translation **

** nieuws.kuleuven.be: Kanker tijdens zwangerschap: prinses Mathilde ontmoet onderzoekers en mama’s **

Last edited:

Crown Prince Philippe has handed out the Belgodyssée 2012 award to young people who worked on journalistic projects, at the Royal Palace in Brussels today, December 19, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** lavenir.net gallery **

Today, December 18, Crown Princess Mathilde has visited the Koninklijk Atheneum/Centrum Leren en Werken school in Leuven to attend the presentation of business plans for students.

Thanks for the pictures.

Since October Mathilde is Patron of NFTE.
Message on their website.

On October 22, 2012 we received the message from the Royal Palace that Her Royal Highness Princess Mathilde has accepted the patronage of NFTE Belgium! All employees and directors of NFTE Belgium are very honored and proud.

Last edited:
Last edited:

On December 18, Crown Prince Philippe has attended the "Brussels Sustainable Development Summit 2012 - Bringing the Rio+20 Agenda to Life" event in Brussels.

** Pic *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom