Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 17

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
post-12-1074332361.gif

Welcome to the 17th thread for Crown Prince Phillipe and Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium' current events.

The previous thread can be found here.
Please post current news and pictures of Crown Prince Phillipe and Crown Princess Mathilde in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.

Last edited:
Here's the coverage of the visit which was aired in the afternoon news (VRT):

deredactie.be - mediatheek

(commentary and subtitles in Dutch, interviews in French)

What were they saying in this coverage? (I'm sorry, I don't speak Dutch, and my French is very poor).

This outfit irritates me. I wonder perhaps whether her cardigan being more modern and less granny might help.

What were they saying in this coverage? (I'm sorry, I don't speak Dutch, and my French is very poor).

Well, it's mostly about the school and how it is run. The song the children were singing when she arrived was about friendship, and the kids they interviewed explain how they sometimes fight, but they always make up soon.

Then there was the teacher's conference in which the teachers explain to Mathilde that their job isn't always easy, with some 400 children of 32 different nationalities, some of which have never been to school in their home countries.

After this, the commentary explains that the government gives extra money to the school so they can employ a social worker who negotiates between the school and the parents, whose biggest concern is often not the education of their children but finding the money to provide food for them.

The commentary concludes saying that the Princess really enjoyed her visit, and that she has always been concerned about children's welfare. The Princess says very clearly "Thank you very much" when she leaves.

It's the same outfit (but different earrings Mathilde wore when she and Prince Philippe took the children to school in September. White trousers always look so smart

Apart from a boring outfit, it is nice to see Crown Princess Mathilde having a busy schedule. I hope that she would not be reproached for having a small number of engagements.

Thank you for the translation Lady Lena. This school sounds very interesting, and it is nice to see Mathilde out and about.

Mathilde has a very nice glow to her, like her charm carries through in all she does. It's nice to see her so happy.

The Official activity of September 25th of prince Philippe and the Princess mathilde is cancelled. I find it strange .............

More about the death of Count Patrick d'Udekem-d'Acoz in this thread. Please express your condolances and thoughts there.

Hello Everyone, i bought a magazine where talk about the monarchys, and they describe the belgium monarchy as one of the most exigent with their protocole.
well i grow in a contry where the aristocracy does'nt exist, and i'm not familiarized with the protocolo stuff, so if anyone can tell me something about that, somethings like some facts, or some rules, i'll be so thankfull

My opinion is that the concert might be a source of entertainment and because the Princess is still in mourning for the loss of her father they may have chosen to give the concert a miss.

Stellad

Prince Philippe and princess Mathilde have thanked those who send them a message of support and such about the death of count Patrick d'Udekem d' Acoz. The following was posted on the royal website:

Dankwoord van HH.KK.HH. Prins Filip en Prinses Mathilde
Uw talrijke steunbetuigingen en troostende woorden naar aanleiding van het heengaan van onze beminde vader en schoonvader, Graaf Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz, hebben ons diep geraakt.
Uw medeleven met onze familie waarderen we zeer oprecht. Wij danken u allen uit de grond van ons hart.
Filip en Mathilde van België

Mot de remerciement de LL.AA.RR. le Prince Philipe et la Princesse Mathilde
Vos très nombreux témoignages de soutien et vos mots de réconfort à l'occasion du décès de notre très aimé père et beau-père, le Comte Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz, nous ont profondément touchés.
Nous sommes sincèrement très reconnaissants de votre compassion envers notre famille. Nous vous remercions du fond du cœur.
Philippe et Mathilde de Belgique

Thanks Marengo. I have enough French to be able to make sense of that, and find it very nice, heartfelt. (Even if it is along the expected lines)

The prince philippe and Princess Mathilde will not attend the traditional Autumn concert ( www.monarchie.be ). It's strange.............

Actually, I am not surprised. Princess Mathilde is still mourning her father, and perhaps they felt that it was too soon to be attending concerts. They will probably attend next year's event.

Still wearing black due to mourning. Any ideas how long traditionally the Belgians do that? She looks very good btw.

She looks fantastic, and happy to be back at work. I hope that she and her family are doing well during this difficult time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom