Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 16

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw 'Blauw Bloed', who showed parts of the 'Levenslijn' programme in which Mathilde and Phillipe participated. Nice to see them on television like that and the way they interacted with each other was nice, Phillipe still seems to be very much in love while looking at his wife.

I must say I was impressed by Mathilde's way with people. The topic was always sensitvive (traffic victims) but she always had the right tone, words etc. and it all seemed to be sinsere too! And she has the sweetest smile I have ever seen too. Nice to see Phillipe around children, he seemed so relaxed (unlike the Economic missions for example). Note that Mathilde also spoke about her sisters and grandmothers death in a traffic accident, both to the interviewer and a group of people she visited (who also lost a loved one).

Mathilde also remarked that her husband is quite handy, which he needs to be as their children are of an age that they are starting to ask their father to repair things.

When she was admitted to the hospital for her three previous children, it was announced on the radio immediately

Thank you for the video and the pictures. I think Mathilde has really grown into her role of crownprincess and she's doing a very good job!

Thanks for those family pictures they are lovely! Where were they taken?

In one picture it looked to me like Tessy de Nasseu was pregnant again but I think it's just the way she is standing:flowers:

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

I think it is nice to see Tessy has been accepted in the family and has a share to all the family events !

Thanks for those pictures stephanie, nice to see that the two families (Luxembourg and Belgium) are so close. And esp. nice to see that Queen fabiola attended. I hope GD Jean is doing well, as he doesn'; t seem to be there.

The little Archduchess Gabriella is going to be a great beauty, she is already a strikingly pretty young lady.

I adore looking at photos of CP Philippe's children, they look like triplets! I mean, they all look exactly alike!

Princess Elisabeth always has that solemn, serious expression but she is so cute when she smiles. She is going to make a wonderful Queen someday, I think.

Thanks for these family pictures, Stephanie. :flowers:
Seems Elisabeth inherited her mother´s looong legs and is keen to point out she needs the attention of her pretty tired looking mother too. Quite handy for Mathilde to have her brother-in-law Lorenz and her cousin Grand Duke Henri around to distract this little lady and make up for the absence of her husband.
And too bad Grand Duke Jean wasn´t able to attend. I hope he is safe and sound, it´s always a pleasure to see him around his (great)grandkids.

And since her husband obviously left Laeken Castle, Mathilde decided to celebrate the International Women's Day with a (belated) lunch today (March 10).

The participants:
- Corinne BENHARROSH, Director recruiting and selection SELOR (recruits employees for a job at the Federal institutions)
- Prof. Dr. Bea CANTILLON, Vice-Rector of the University Antwerp and director of the Centre for Social Policy
- Monica DE CONINCK, chairwoman of the Social Service (OCMW) in Antwerp and municipal councillor.
- Ann DE ROECK, Secretary-general and member of the executive board of the Dexia bank.
- Martine DUREZ, Chairwoman and Director of De Post-La Poste
- Baroness Karin GERARD, Chamber President at the Court of Appeal Brussels
- Neelie KROES, European Commissioner for Competition.
- Christine KULAKOWSKI, Director “Centre Bruxellois d’Action Interculturelle”.
- Anne LYBAERT, Director De Warande (Flemish club in Brussels).
- Amélie NOTHOMB, writer.
- Françoise PISSART, Director “King Baudouin Foundation”.
- Ann VAN LAER, national secretary ACV (Confederation of Christian Trade Unions).
- Céline VERBROUCK, advocate chamber of lawyers Brussels, premier Prix au concours international de plaidoiries sur les droits de l’homme au mémorial de Caen.
- Katrien VERHEGGE, administration-general “Kind en Gezin”.

All in all an interesting circle of women and I hereby recommend the books of Amélie Nothomb.

Ah, 'our' iron Neelie, a very appropriate attendee as she has been working on women emancipation in my own country for decades. She seems to be the only foreigner that attended btw, though she must be living in Brussels at the moment.

Last edited:
Chèr Mathilde today,attending a workshop of her own foundation:

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer.

She look lovely! Mathilde carries pregnancy so well! So nice to see a healthy and happy pregnant Princesss.

I love when Mathilde wears strong colors as Red or Fuschia! I can't say that I'm a big fan of the fuschia coat, it is too short imo, but I really love that color on her.

Prince Phillipe visited Oesterbank (Oysterbank) on 21 March, Princess Mathilde was supposed to attend but she cancelled, due to her advanced pregnancy!

I simply adore Princess Mathide.She is a picture of elegant,serene and thougthfulness.

I made a new thread for the little princess ... look here

What a handsome couple and what beautiful children they have. They are so calm and dignified, it´s a pleasure to see their photos.
I had the great honour of meeting in person, his grandfather, ex-King Leopold III, when he visited Manaus, in the Amazonas, where I lived.

Prince Philippe represents Belgium in Bejing

The Belgian government has decided to send Prince Philippe to the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games in Bejing this summer. There will be no other official (government) representative for Belgium (except the athletes of course).
article: deredactie.be - Prins Filip zal opening in Peking bijwonen

Last edited:
The green party regrets the decision of the government to send the crownprince to China, 'human rights have lost it from other interests', according to Wouter De Vriendt

article in Dutch here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom