The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 05-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Empress's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 3,123
Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 15

Welcome to a new thread for Crown Prince Philippe & Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium' current events

The previous thread can be found here

Please post current news and pictures of Prince Philippe & Princess Mathilde in this thread.
While doing so, please remember to follow the
TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines & also on Photo Agencies & Copyright:
  • The current events' thread is only for current news & events
  • Do not forget to provide sources for all photos & articles
  • Please remember when posting pictures, to post only selected ones (there is no need to post whole bunch of similar photos). Providing a direct link to the photos or the photo album is recommended.
  • Please do not linked the photos directly. Hotlinking is strongly prohibited.
  • Pictures from previous events may be posted in the picture thread via imagehost.
  • Please be respectful to others' opinions even if you're disagree, and always be courteous to your follow members.
  • Lastly, have fun and enjoy!
__________________

__________________
  #2  
Old 05-25-2007, 02:06 PM
HRH Kerry's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Posts: 1,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
She looks wonderful and is glowing. I was wondering if that is Mathilde's naturel figure after 3 children or is there another bundle of joy going to be announced soon? Maybe it is just my wishful thinking
I'm not really sure myself but she still looks wonderful. Guess we have to wait and see or at the least wait for an official annoucement.
__________________

__________________
Princely Family of Liechtenstein Forum
Join in on the discussions.
  #3  
Old 05-25-2007, 03:32 PM
magnik's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,681
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
On this photo she remind me Elisabeth

Thanks to stephaniev for the photo.
__________________
  #4  
Old 05-26-2007, 04:59 PM
marilla's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lodz, Poland
Posts: 164
She is very pretty in pink. In this dress she remind me again Princess Grace (I think that first time she looks like Grace in Luxemburg).
I don't think that she is pregnant but who knows?
__________________
  #5  
Old 05-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Aurora810's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
On this photo she remind me Elisabeth

Thanks to stephaniev for the photo.

Thanks for the picture. She looks beautiful and I love the style of the dress as well as the color. I wish there were a few more pics of the couple together. But nice to see them out and about. The Prince really looks very distinguished. Does anyone think that Mathilde's hair looks shorter or has that already been discussed? It looks a little shorter to me there for awhile I thought she might let it grow some but I'm not thinking that anymore.
__________________
  #6  
Old 06-02-2007, 03:21 AM
Eliza's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Posts: 641
She really looks stunning and beautiful in the pink dress...
A truely classy and elegant princess and honestly i don't think enough credit is given to both her and the CP.
__________________
  #7  
Old 06-06-2007, 07:01 AM
Jelka's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Belgium
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne
When is the next time we will see Princess Mathilde?
Tomorrow there's a concert which the entire Belgian royal family - including Mathilde - will attend at the Royal Palace
__________________
"Fashion passes, style remains" - Coco Chanel
  #8  
Old 06-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 107
06/06/07

Prince Philippe puts back the Price Francqui on 2007 to the prize-winner, Mr François de Callata ÿ, to the Palace of Academies(Regional education authorities) in Brussels (LINK Belga.be) BelgaPicture
__________________
  #9  
Old 06-06-2007, 12:51 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelka
Tomorrow there's a concert which the entire Belgian royal family - including Mathilde - will attend at the Royal Palace
Does that include the children?
__________________
  #10  
Old 06-08-2007, 05:27 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 148
PPE Agency

link to photos of the concert. Mathilde looks stunningas always.
__________________
  #11  
Old 06-08-2007, 06:05 AM
detta's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hagen, Germany
Posts: 174
Mathilde looks fantastic! Her dress, her shoes and especially her earrings are wonderful!
__________________
  #12  
Old 06-08-2007, 07:34 AM
martha-louise's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Waterloo, Belgium
Posts: 242
more pics to find at Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
__________________
  #13  
Old 06-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Chimene's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 506
I love Mathilde! She's so charming, reserved, discreet and overall a solid woman. At times, her style is too old fashioned for my taste, but it suits her very well. Those earrings are gorgeous! Thanks for the pics.
__________________
  #14  
Old 06-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Again problems with a Belgian Prince

Sorry to break the sugarcake most posters seems to see over the unstable Belgian monarchy.

Now it is Prince Philippe who is under fire.

In the Nineties the Prince borrowed antique furniture from the Royal Palace in Antwerp. A building that was long very neglected and in detoriation: it has not been used for decades.

But the Flemish Government, owner of the building, is restoring it to old splendour and wants the missing furniture to be returned to the Palace. Despite numerous requests, the Court has not reacted.

The Flemish Minister of Housing has now threathened to summon the Prince before Court if he has not handed over the 'illegal' furniture to the rightful owner (= the Flemish Government). See article.

The Prince has 'borrowed', amongst other items, a bed made for Joséphine de Beauharnais, the spouse of Napoleon, an antique marble fireplace, an exclusive wooden cabinet, etc.
__________________
  #15  
Old 06-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Aquarela's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Graziela, Argentina
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
Sorry to break the sugarcake most posters seems to see over the unstable Belgian monarchy.

Now it is Prince Philippe who is under fire.

In the Nineties the Prince borrowed antique furniture from the Royal Palace in Antwerp. A building that was long very neglected and in detoriation: it has not been used for decades.

But the Flemish Government, owner of the building, is restoring it to old splendour and wants the missing furniture to be returned to the Palace. Despite numerous requests, the Court has not reacted.

The Flemish Minister of Housing has now threathened to summon the Prince before Court if he has not handed over the 'illegal' furniture to the rightful owner (= the Flemish Government). See article.

The Prince has 'borrowed', amongst other items, a bed made for Joséphine de Beauharnais, the spouse of Napoleon, an antique marble fireplace, an exclusive wooden cabinet, etc.
I hope they can find a solution to this. Art pieces should be where they can be restored and admired by people who really care for art.
__________________
  #16  
Old 06-09-2007, 06:38 PM
flcty's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Somewhere out of this world, Australia
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
Sorry to break the sugarcake most posters seems to see over the unstable Belgian monarchy.

Now it is Prince Philippe who is under fire.

In the Nineties the Prince borrowed antique furniture from the Royal Palace in Antwerp. A building that was long very neglected and in detoriation: it has not been used for decades.

But the Flemish Government, owner of the building, is restoring it to old splendour and wants the missing furniture to be returned to the Palace. Despite numerous requests, the Court has not reacted.

The Flemish Minister of Housing has now threathened to summon the Prince before Court if he has not handed over the 'illegal' furniture to the rightful owner (= the Flemish Government). See article.

The Prince has 'borrowed', amongst other items, a bed made for Joséphine de Beauharnais, the spouse of Napoleon, an antique marble fireplace, an exclusive wooden cabinet, etc.
I'm starting to have real doubts whether or not the BRF will see another day. I strongly believe that Philippe won't make it. Why hasn't the court replied? It's not as though there asking Phillipe to give up one of his limbs. I heard Mathilde's dutch sounds like it was out of a textbook. Is her mother tongue french then? The Flemish are really determined not to see Phillipe as King. Do they favour independence or a diffrent new head of state [in the future]?
__________________
  #17  
Old 06-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by flctylu
I'm starting to have real doubts whether or not the BRF will see another day. I strongly believe that Philippe won't make it. Why hasn't the court replied? It's not as though there asking Phillipe to give up one of his limbs. I heard Mathilde's dutch sounds like it was out of a textbook. Is her mother tongue french then? The Flemish are really determined not to see Phillipe as King. Do they favour independence or a diffrent new head of state [in the future]?
Princess Mathilde's mother is neither a native Dutch nor French-speaking person. She is of Polish origin: Anna Countess Komorowska daughter of Leon Count Komorowski and of Sophia Princess Sapieha-Kodenska (who died in a car crash with Mathilde's sister Lady Marie-Alix d'Udekem d'Acoz, in 1997).

Princess Mathilde's mother married in Belgrade (now Serbia, then Yugoslavia) with Jonkheer/Écuyer (noble) Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz. They live in Château Losange in Villers-le-Bonne-Eau. This is in French-speaking Belgium, so Princess Mathilde's native tongue is French.

A great-uncle of Princess Mathilde was Adam Stefan Cardinal Sapieha, Prince Sapieha-Kodenski, Archbishop of Cracow. He was the first teacher of his later successor as Archbishop and the later Pope, Karol Wojtyla (Pope Johannes Paulus II).
__________________
  #18  
Old 06-10-2007, 02:29 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarela
I hope they can find a solution to this. Art pieces should be where they can be restored and admired by people who really care for art.
Art pieces fill most of the Royal palaces here there and everywhere,most purchased/commisioned by the ancestors of the present Royals,so no,they should stay right were they are.

As to the Antwerp Royal Palace,it was derilict for decades,no one gave a hoot,and now,all of a sudden this brouhaha over a coffee-table,as Lucas rightfully remarked on the BRMB,it's just another,convenient,case of bickering the members of the RF.

To us foreigners,the media gives the impression the Belgian Monarchy itself is under strong flack,but in reality it is less than a quarter of the Flamish population that don't care either way.The media outlets sell better with another supposed Royal scandal.

As to the items now at Laeken Castle,they would have rotted away if it wasn't for the Duke of Brabant to use,safeguard and upkeep them,no one else cared.

The belgians love to make una bella figura parading around their beautifull cities,towns and scenery,but underneath the surface.......
__________________
  #19  
Old 06-10-2007, 07:22 AM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien
Art pieces fill most of the Royal palaces here there and everywhere,most purchased/commisioned by the ancestors of the present Royals,so no,they should stay right were they are.

As to the Antwerp Royal Palace,it was derilict for decades,no one gave a hoot,and now,all of a sudden this brouhaha over a coffee-table,as Lucas rightfully remarked on the BRMB,it's just another,convenient,case of bickering the members of the RF.

To us foreigners,the media gives the impression the Belgian Monarchy itself is under strong flack,but in reality it is less than a quarter of the Flamish population that don't care either way.The media outlets sell better with another supposed Royal scandal.

As to the items now at Laeken Castle,they would have rotted away if it wasn't for the Duke of Brabant to use,safeguard and upkeep them,no one else cared.

The belgians love to make una bella figura parading around their beautifull cities,towns and scenery,but underneath the surface.......
I agree with your observation, but is it not telling this constant bashing on royals does not appear in the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Norway, Denmark, etc.?

And for the furniture: you are right about the (waterdripping beautiful) 'hidden' Royal Palace at the Meir in Antwerp. But this does not mean the Prince has the right to keep furniture (really not only a 'coffee table' but also a bed, a historic cabinet, a fireplace, etc.) under his roof when these are not his property.

The strange thing in all this: where is the Dotation Royale? The Belgians are lucky to have a Trust which provides fabulous residences for the royal family. Part of the properties are at the disposal of the King, such as the park of Laeken, the chateaux of Belvédère, Stuyvenberg, Ciergnon and Fenffe, and other properties like offices in Brussels or agricultural land are rented out in order to generate income for the Trust.

What is it that Prince Laurent has to use fraud money to furbish his villa and that Prince Philippe needs to 'borrow' other's property for his appartments in the Château de Laeken? You would say that the Dotation Royale has plenty of possibilities for them?
__________________
  #20  
Old 06-10-2007, 04:00 PM
stephanievl's Avatar
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: n/a, Belgium
Posts: 3,033
Prince Filip and Princess MAthilde went to vote fot the federal elections in Laken:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
crown prince phillipe, crown princess mathilde, current events, duchess of brabant, duke of brabant, mathilde, phillipe


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Picture Thread Julia King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family 254 07-30-2013 06:15 PM
Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 14 Empress Current Events Archive 189 05-25-2007 01:35 PM
Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 13 purple_platinum Current Events Archive 193 01-31-2007 09:35 AM
Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 12 purple_platinum Current Events Archive 195 09-11-2006 10:27 AM
Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde: Current Events Part 8 pdas1201 Current Events Archive 185 11-25-2005 10:23 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]