The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Princess MAthilde today at the conference: “Fight against cervical cancer: challenges and oportunities for women’s right to health” organized by UNIFEM at the Egmontpalace in Brussels

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Necklace

handbag

Old 09-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Serene Highness

More pictures of yesterday's gala

* ImageShack - Hosting :: 6351955it9.jpg
* ImageShack - Hosting :: 6351971rg0.jpg
* Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Old 09-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Courtier

What very lucky little girls. To be able to dance for a real Prince and Princess. I bet it will be a memory that stays with them forever.
The Princess looks lovely in red. But I'm not sure I like the dress itself on her. Not very flattering, but still pretty.
As for her outfit today, THAT IS SOME NECKLACE!!! Wow. I would have a neck ache after wearing such a thing.
But for some reason, she can carry such an ugly thing off and actually make it look somewhat pretty!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
oh no... look at her celulite the crown princess should look for her cloth and pick them better... her trousers are a bit... tight?

Free Image Hosting
Yes, her pants are too tight around the her hips and belly. And don't get me started on those panty lines!

She's very graceful and elegant in demeanor (though sometimes she dresses a bit too matronly) but someone should tell her about Spanx.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:18 AM
Majesty

Prins Filip en Prinses Mathilde wonen galavoorstelling bij van de Koning Boudewijnstichting Gent, 26 september 2007

Courtesy Albert Nieboer.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:21 AM
Aristocracy

Smile

Princess Mathilde always looks fantastic when she wears a white shirt as she did today.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Serene Highness

little video about a visit of princess Mathilde last week

Skynet - Nieuws: Prinses Mathilde bezoekt Bijzondere Jeugdzorg
Old 09-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I would almost say, never mind Mathilde but take a look at the videoclips they selected on the right, a 82 y/o woman is marrying a 24 y/o guy in Argentina!

But the clip with Mathilde is interesting too, her Dutch really isn´t bad at all, she has an accent but is able to talk fluently and clearly has no problems in understanding what is said. A very nice cause btw, this house.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:53 PM
Royal Highness

Marengo do you know if Mathilde had any knowledge of Dutch prior to becoming engaged to Prince Phillipe?
Old 09-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Serene Highness

No, her dutch is very good, better as the dutch of Paola and Claire. She speaks it fluent, no mistakes you can only hear the French "R" witch is normal!

Before she married Philippe she probably knew a few words of Dutch from school but not much. In contast with Flanders (French) It was in Wallonia not obliged to learn Dutch at school.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Aristocracy

Yesterday philippe and Mathilde attended the holiday(feast) of thanking of "Caritas Gemeenschapsdienst" (community Caritas service), to Leuven.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 1.10.2007

Belgium's Prince Philippe attends the commemoration of the 80th anniversary of the
speech of King Albert I in 1927 at CMI Cockerill, Monday 01 Oct 2007 in Seraing:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Director of Ben X Nic Balthazar, brother of the character "Ben" welcomes Princess
Mathilde of Belgium before she's going to see the new film ' Ben X ', 01 Oct 2007 at
Kinepolis in Brussels

Pic 1
Old 10-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Hmz, I recently dedicated an entire thread to King Albert I but would the CMI Speech refer to the speech the King held in favour of research, science etc?

Any idea what the Ben X movie is about? Is it in French or Dutch?
Old 10-02-2007, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are a few pics of Mathilde from yesterday in a bigger version

Mathilde 1 ** Mathilde 2

Mathilde 3 ** Mathilde 4
Old 10-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Serene Highness

More picture from Mathilde yesterday

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Old 10-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Hmz, I recently dedicated an entire thread to King Albert I but would the CMI Speech refer to the speech the King held in favour of research, science etc?

Any idea what the Ben X movie is about? Is it in French or Dutch?

Ben X is in dutch! It is the Belgian submission for the Oscars. It is a movie about a boy with autism! Mathilde was very interested about the film and knew about it before it came in the press! She had done her triatise (thesis, eindeverhandeling) about austisme when she studied psychology! She is always been very intersted about the movie and wanted to see him and after that talk with young people about autism, bulling! And that she did yesterday

Website about movie:
benX: de film
Old 10-04-2007, 06:39 AM
Aristocracy

fisrt of all i want to thank all for the beautiful pictures of mathilde...she´s just gorgous..so i can´t understand why some of you are so "picky" about some "features" of the pics..ok i will not say anything against free opinion..but to me it kinda redicolous to qoute about cellulite and all that..god shes not fresh born..cellulite can happen do anyone(beside i could not see on her anyway) i know younger girl who suffer from...ok think i calm down now ...just wanted to state that for me shes a "normal " beautiful woman no matter bout her status and anything..beeing a princess does not change anything due to this belongings..greetings
steve
Old 10-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Princess Mathilde at the Senology center

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...actocancer.jpg

(fcasasreales.ipbfree.com)
Old 10-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Serene Highness

Only a day after her pregnancy is announced and my eyes are already trained to look for the baby bump. Before the announcement came I would not have said anything about her possible weight gain even though she was looking different to me. Well, I am happy for them and I'm glad it was somewhat of a surprise to people. A good surprise!

Tags
crown prince phillipe, crown princess mathilde, current events, duchess of brabant, duke of brabant, mathilde, phillipe