The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the pictures. Princesse Elisabeth looks so pretty in this dress and holding her bouquet, but I think she looks a little bit bored in the pictures. It must be boring for a five year old.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Serene Highness

Wow! What a treat it has been for me this week. I'm not used to seeing one of my fave RF's as much as some of the other RF's. It seems that there are not as many pics of them as with other RF's but that is certainly not the case currently. I have really enjoyed seeing them so much in recent weeks.

I think Mathilde's hair looks great as always but it is a little bit of an ill-fitting dress on her. Not enough shape for her, imo. And the Queen looks very nice to, sometimes she opts for very little color but this was a nice look for her today. And of course little Elisabeth, well she is super cute. I love to see young royals attending kid friendly royal events. I wonder if we will see Elisabeth tomorrow also. If so that seems to be a little much for her. It seems a little out of the ordinary for the Belgian royals. Not that I'm complaining but I can't help but think about how I personally would not want to overexpose my children to the cameras and the scrutiny of it all.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:19 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you for the links to the pics of the recent events. It is lovel to have lots of pics of the BF
I love the earrings that Princess Mathilde wears -she has great taste!
Old 07-21-2007, 06:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabetteke View Post
Thanks for the pictures. Princesse Elisabeth looks so pretty in this dress and holding her bouquet, but I think she looks a little bit bored in the pictures. It must be boring for a five year old.

If I was an almost 6 year old little princess I'd also prefered to go to see a polar bear that was named to me, instead of a polar station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
. And of course little Elisabeth, well she is super cute. I love to see young royals attending kid friendly royal events. I wonder if we will see Elisabeth tomorrow also. If so that seems to be a little much for her. It seems a little out of the ordinary for the Belgian royals. Not that I'm complaining but I can't help but think about how I personally would not want to overexpose my children to the cameras and the scrutiny of it all.
In my opinion it is nice as she goes to things that are [also] intresting for kids of her age. But I feel sorry for the young girl as she has to visit the Te Deum. I think she is to young for that.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

What a lovely little girl, it is always a pleasire to see her. I wonder if we will see her today on National Day
Old 07-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

A beautiful picture of elisabeth
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Old 07-21-2007, 06:42 AM
Serene Highness

More pictures of the family trip on monday
Corbis: photography, rights, assignment, motion.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Serene Highness

Here you see a video of the trip
Royalty

you have to press on "bekijk deel 1" (Bekijk Royalty van 22 juli 2007)
You can also see all the other movies.
Royalty-jaaroverzicht is an annual report about the royals
ans the other videos are about 10 year royalty (the royalty program exists 10 si there is nice footage about the royals), you always have to press on the "windows media player" icon (bekijk deel 1, bekijk deel 2)
Old 08-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

According to a Portuguese friend of mine a Portuguese magazine is claiming that the Duke, Duchess and their children are spending 2 weeks of their holidays in Portugal as guests of Dom Duarte and Dona Isabel.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Aristocracy

Isn't Prince Philippe the godfather of one of the sons of Dom Duarte? So they must be close friends.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Administrator

I think he is to the youngest son, but I am not sure. I do know that they stayed with Dom Duarte and Dona Isabel during a previous summer holiday.
According to a Portuguese magazine the Duke and Duchess of Brabant went to a society party where Kofi Annan was one of the guests too. Dom Duarte didnīt attend as he had other guests to entertain at home, who werenīt invited to the party.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote View Post
Here is a video of Philippe and Mathilde at the park with the children

An article and pictures from Hello Mathilde and Philippe take the kids for a forest adventure
hey great day for them this couple has such pretty children, they are all gorgeous!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Commoner

they are cute with the children. It looks like they realy have fun together. And Mathilde looks less shy than she was at the beginning.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
I think he is to the youngest son, but I am not sure.
Yes, Prince Philippe is a cousin of D. Duarte and he is the godfather of Infante Dinis.

Quote:
I do know that they stayed with Dom Duarte and Dona Isabel during a previous summer holiday.
That's right. They usually spend some days together, in the Algarve. I believe this year was not an exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
According to a Portuguese magazine the Duke and Duchess of Brabant went to a society party where Kofi Annan was one of the guests too. Dom Duarte didnīt attend as he had other guests to entertain at home, who werenīt invited to the party.
That's right. Here's the article:
Correio da Manhã

Every year, the Portuguese businessman Vasco Pereira Coutinho invites a series of famous personalities for his Summer party. This year, the luxurious party at the Quinta de Mata Mouros (in Silves) was attended by personalities like Kofi Annan, the president of the European Comission José Manuel Durão Barroso and the Belgian Crown Princes. Philippe and Mathilde (who every year spend two weeks of vacation in Portugal) had enjoyed all the luxuries of the mansion, which they just left to return to Belgium.

Situated in Silves (Algarve), the Quinta de Mata Mouros, owned by Vasco Pereira Coutinho, has a series of small luxuries. The property has a heliport, an enormous swimming pool and large gardens, where the party took place. Instead of arriving to the property by car, all the guests came by helicopter.

D. Duarte was very sorry for not being able to attend the party: "Usually, I am invited for this party, and this year was not an exception, but I also had guests in my house in Sintra, so I had to return earlier from the Algarve".
Old 08-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Thanks for translating the article Elsa. I am getting too enthousiastic here but letīs hope that Princess Elisabeth will get impressed by one of the Braganca boys
-
I assume this party is so private that there arenīt any pictures taken of the guests?
Old 08-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
. I am getting too enthousiastic here but letīs hope that Princess Elisabeth will get impressed by one of the Braganca boys
Haha! Yes, you are getting a bit enthousiastic here... but don't we all, royal watchers, like to plan love matches?

(Hey, Elisabeth could marry Dinis, who's two years older than her... and he's a cute boy
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00163825.jpg )

Quote:
I assume this party is so private that there arenīt any pictures taken of the guests?
Hmm, I don't think we'll get any pictures there...
Old 08-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
Prince Philippe and princess Mathilde of Belgium walks with Princess Elisabeth (5) Prince Gabriel (3) and prince Emmanuel (1,5) during a visit to Chlorophylle recreationforest park, Monday 16 July 2007, in the Belgian Ardenne.

BelgaPicture
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
It is the first time i notice Mathilde has a good body! Specially when knowing she has had 3 children. I love the kids, especially the boys, they are very cute.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:43 AM
Serene Highness

I made a little clip about Filip and Mathilde
Old 09-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Courtier

Other Princesses have schools, streets or hospitals named after them and little Princess Elisabeth scored a brand new zero-emission polar station.
And since little princesses have busy schedules themselves, she sent her father Prince Philippe, Honorary President of the International Polar Foundation, along to inaugurate the pre-built Antarctica Station at the Tour&Taxis site in Brussels today. The Polar Station will be open to the public from 6 to 9 September 2007, before it is disassembled and transported by ship to Antarctica, where it will be re-assembled from November to February 2008.

More information on the Princess Elisabeth Polar Station can be found here:
Antarcticstation.org
International Polarfoundation

A graphic model of the Princess Elisabeth Polar Station
Picture 1
Picture 2

And Prince Philippe in front of the new station
Picture 3
source: polarfoundation.org
Old 09-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Administrator

I read something about that in todays newspaper. Apperently it will be a neutral station, the first one (neutral as in not poluting at all).

Does the tour & taxis site have anything to do with the Thurn und Taxis family?

Tags
crown prince phillipe, crown princess mathilde, current events, duchess of brabant, duke of brabant, mathilde, phillipe