Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 14

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering I'm probably completely off the mark but in some of the pictures I thought I had seen a very slight bump. She still as elegant and stylish as ever though

Another riot in the Belgian royal family....

I found this article in the Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad, see article.

A translation:

BRUSSELS - Belgium has a royal family by which the press licks off its fingers: at least one scandal in every week.

This time it are the father and the uncles of Belgium's future Queen whom are rolling over the street in a fight. Well, that is an euphemism: Patrick Comte d'Udekem d'Acoz (Mathilde's father) accuses his brother Henri for threathening him to death, two years ago: 'If I had a gun right now, I would kill you right now!' so stated Mathilde's uncle, whose noble family was founded in an era, that this kind of problems were settled with a blanc sable in the early hours. ....

Henri M. said:
I found this article in the Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad, see article.

A translation:

BRUSSELS - Belgium has a royal family by which the press licks off its fingers: at least one scandal in every week.

This time it are the father and the uncles of Belgium's future Queen whom are rolling over the street in a fight. Well, that is an euphemism: Patrick Comte d'Udekem d'Acoz (Mathilde's father) accuses his brother Henri for threathening him to death, two years ago: 'If I had a gun right now, I would kill you right now!' so stated Mathilde's uncle, whose noble family was founded in an era, that this kind of problems were settled with a blanc sable in the early hours.

The Messires Patrick, Henri and Raoul are on war with each other for years and it is all about the inheritance of their late mother the Douairière d'Udekem d'Acoz née Van Outryve d'Ydewalle.

It is all about a mansion in a state of decay, situated in the West-Flemish municipality of Poperinge. It was acquired by Patrick Comte d'Udekem d'Acoz (Mathilde's father) but his elder brother Henri, who accidentally is Mayor of Poperinge, declared this property uninhabitable, making it worthless. This caused bad temper between the brothers.

Mathilde’s father has sought the media and tells his story in three episodes in a gossip magazine. He had no problems at all to appear on Belgian television yesterday and hang his family's dirty laundry out of the window. He openly named his brother Henri 'an ordinary thief, a pathological liar, a manipulator and a tyrant'.

The royal family, that already has to deal with an illegitimate daughter by King Albert, an Heir that commits the one stupidity after the other, a Prince which lets his villa to be renovated with Defence money and a Princess which is heavily involved in a Flemish/Walloon war inside the Belgian Red Cross, now scrupulously tries to remain stoney silent.

But Princess Mathilde's father, Patrick Comte d'Udekem d'Acoz, has no message to that. 'She [Mathilde] supports me completely and I have taken my precautions against my brother'.

Well, every family has problems. It just really seems to me that its easy to dump on the royal family right now. Any and all gossip writers are searching for issues within the family to write about. Not really sure what I think about all this.:sad:

It's a little odd though b/c I recently saw an episode of a European travel show here in the U.S. and it was an episode done in Belgium. They didn't go into too much about the RF. But mentioned that they are known for not being involved in scandal unlike other royal family's. I'm not sure when the episode was filmed but it appears that such a statement like that is now untrue.

She looks lovely as usual and nice to see her out and about. However, I'm not so sure about the top part I don't like the black that goes right across the chest. That looks a little weird to me. I also think her hair looks a little longer then usual maybe she's going to let it grow some. Thanks for the pics.

Thank you for the photos. Mathilde is looking as elegant and radiant as always.

07/03/2007

Visit at the House of the Wood in Brussels, in the exhibition(exposure) " The Science Tunnel - In journey into the intended of scientific discoveries " on the occasion of her inauguration

link (Belga.be) BelgaPicture

They seem like a wonderful couple.
Mathilde is looks gorgeous and extremely elegant!!!
She is the Best princess!!!!!

For me Mathilde is profissional, dedicated, caring, good mother/wife and i taste of it.

selminha said:
For me Mathilde is profissional, dedicated, caring, good mother/wife and i taste of it.

Ok. I think all Princesses are professional, dedicated, caring and a good mother and wife (Mary, Mette Marit, Letizia, Máxima, etc.)

:flowers:

The other princess can be but I like very, very much Mathilde. She is a charming persone, smart and intelligent.

This year I'not received a response to the greetings card that j'ai sent to Prince Philippe and to the Mathilde Princess

:flowers:
leanne said:
mathilde16 said:
Is her foundation closing?

No, in 2001-2002-2003 the Fonds Princesse Mathilde focussed on children and youngsters in vulnerable circumstances.

In 2004-2005-2006 the Fonds Princesse Mathilde focussed on development and equal chances for women.

In 2007 the Fonds Princesse Mathilde will again focus on children and youngsters in vulnerable circumstances.

So the 'closure' was meant for the three-year action from 2004 to 2007.

See the link.

alexandresylvie said:
This year I'not received a response to the greetings card that j'ai sent to Prince Philippe and to the Mathilde Princess

Well, I'm sure you can not blame the Prince and Princess themselves but the apparently poor working Huis van de Hertogen van Brabant / Maison des Ducs de Brabant.

Thank you Henri

Thank you Henri for your post and the link re the Foundation
Leanne

leanne said:
See link. Looks like a Royal Tour to Hong Kong in June
The Belgium - Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong

Thanks for the information Leanne!
This gala dinner takes place within the framework of the economic mission to China (16-26 June 2007) chaired by Prince Philippe. There will also be an economic mission to Qatar and Bahrain (3-8 November 2007) and another one to India (1-8 December 2007) this year.

johann said:
Thanks for the information Leanne!
This gala dinner takes place within the framework of the economic mission to China (16-26 June 2007) chaired by Prince Philippe. There will also be an economic mission to Qatar and Bahrain (3-8 November 2007) and another one to India (1-8 December 2007) this year.

thanks for the information...
the economic mission to china... go mathilde with him?

Thanks Johann for the additional information. It's great to know there are tours abroad for the year.

Mathilde always looks so beautiful!!!
It does not have more photos?

She is ageing very gracefully, but it seems like the last few years have taken a bit of a toll on her. She seems a bit tired and she does not look as young and fresh as she used to. Of course that happens as you age and she is still beautiful, I just think that especially in the last year the process seems to have sped up a bit.

No matter though. I still think that she is stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom