Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 13

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purple_platinum

Heir Apparent
City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
Welcome to a fresh thread for Crown Prince Philippe & Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium' current events

The previous thread can be found
here

Please post current news and pictures of Prince Philippe & Princess Mathilde in this thread.
While doing so, please remember to follow the
TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines & also on Photo Agencies & Copyright:
  • The current events' thread is only for current news & events
  • Do not forget to provide sources for all photos & articles
  • Please remember when posting pictures, to post only selected ones (there is no need to post whole bunch of similar photos). Providing a direct link to the photos or the photo album is recommended.
  • Please do not linked the photos directly. Hotlinking is strongly prohibited.
  • Pictures from previous events may be posted in the picture thread via imagehost.
  • Please be respectful to others' opinions even if you're disagree, and always be courteous to your follow members.
  • Lastly, have fun and enjoy!

Today the Duchess of Brabant will visit the André Scheers House which provides information and psychosocial support for severely burned victims and their family.This program is integrated into the Teaching hospital of Ghent. At the time of multidisciplinary round tables, the Princess will explain the course of care and follow-up. The Princess also has an abstract contact with old badly burned persons which called upon the House Andre Scheers.

More information on the facility in Dutch (while we await pictures;) )

http://www.andrescheershuis.org/

Still no pics, but you can watch parts of the visit online in the vtm-news. Just follow this link and go to Donderdag 14/09 19uur. The news clip starts at about 28 min run time.

Princess Mathilde had extensive conservations with burn patients, their dependents and with the medical staff. The presentation by the physicians contained pictures of massive burns and Mathilde has been under the impression of these severe injuries. VTM interviewed a member of the medical team and she told them that the princess was very kind and very concerned towards the children and asked them a lot of questions. She took some extra time and stayed one hour longer than planned. At the end she got some presents for Elisabeth, Gabriel and Emmanuel from the little patients, who are as attentive as brave.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clip Johann, it must be a slow day for the photograph agencies.:cool:

Alisa said:
Today the Duchess of Brabant will visit the André Scheers House which provides information and psychosocial support for severely burned victims and their family.This program is integrated into the Teaching hospital of Ghent. At the time of multidisciplinary round tables, the Princess will explain the course of care and follow-up. The Princess also has an abstract contact with old badly burned persons which called upon the House Andre Scheers.

More information on the facility in Dutch (while we await pictures;) )

http://www.andrescheershuis.org/

I now truely admire Mathilde. My brother is severely burned and I know it is very hard to look at burn patients, especially within the first few months of them being burned. I also know, from a psychological standpoint, it's very hard to deal with being burned or having a family member of yours burned. Taking care of someone who has been burned is a long process. For my brother it's still going on and will continue to go on until he dies because he was burned so badly. I'm glad to see that Mathilde visited this house.

Mathilde has two engagements today:
She takes part at an academic session at the “Palace of the Academies” in Brussels to mark the 20th anniversary of the University Children’s Hospital Queen Fabiola.
And she visits the school “Chouette“ in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean in connection with the Heritage Open Days. Mathilde is invited by the scholars to learn more about the history of the school and it’s surrounding – the Duchess of Brabant Place.

Here are some pics from the last event. And I really love her outfit…. (Belga, here are some more)

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Last edited:
And also has some nice pics from the visit in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean (Source: ppe/nieboer, here are some more)

Mathilde looks great, I would say it's kind of "free style" of her clothes from the visit in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean. Is it first time when we saw her in jeans?

magnik said:
Mathilde looks great, I would say it's kind of "free style" of her clothes from the visit in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean. Is it first time when we saw her in jeans?

No, certainly not - but I think it's the first time she's worn jeans for a public visit (very apropriate here), when she went cycling with Filip on carfree day she wore jeans as well, and on lots of private occasions of course.

By now she has worn jeans as “work outfit” when she was visiting sport events/watching tennis games. She has worn jeans trousers at the Roland Garros half-final in Paris and during the Fed Cup earlier this year.

…and getty has some nice pics too. (credit: Getty Images/ Mark Renders)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the photos!!! Mathilde is looking as elegant and radiant as always.

Thank you for the pictures.
I'm quite surprised by the Duchess' casual jean jacket, but if one were going to wear one an event with children is most appropriate. I think she looks great in that black and white suit..très élégant.:flowers:

Always lovely photos of Mathilde and she is hardly ever looking towards the cameras and always seems totally focused on the people she is with. A true princess.

She looks very relaxed, which is key when you're working with kids. Kids can feed off your nerves, and if you look nervous or apprehensive.....they'll know. I also love the outfit she's wearing; a jean jacket can look just as classy as a black blazer if you pair it with the right clothes and it looks like she's done that. :)

Wow! Mathilde looks great!!! I love the jean jacket and white pants combo!

Molenbeek, where the school is, is a very poor neighbourhood of Brussels where nearly only immigrants live. It has very high criminality and disemployment rates. I think this nice jeans jacket was lot more apropriate for the visit than somthing formal - somehow it was a bit closer to he kids' world, but she still looks stylish.

small info: the bandage around Filip's hand is because of a broken finger.

ANP, Seeger,Belga

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't even realise it was a jean-jacket until closer inspection. It just doesn't look like one from a distance. I'm not a big fan of denim jackets, but hers is actually very stylish and I think it's appropriate to the event.

I really love how she kneels at the children's level instead of half bending down like others often do. I think it shows that she's not too 'good' to go down to their level and actually have a conversation with them. That's what I love about Mathilde. It doesn't matter who it is, she'll treat them just the same as if she were talking to her own friends or family.

Princess Mathilde paid a visit to Brussels city district Les Marolles today. The reason for this visit is the 50th anniversary of the “Club de Jeunesse des Marolles” (=the local youth club). Mathilde took a closer look at some workshops and had conversations with the youngsters and their animators.

The “Club de Jeunesse des Marolles” tries to be the link between the children, teenagers and adults and assists the multicultural and intergenerational exchange between the inhabitants to lead to a better integration. The Marolles is known as a traditional working-class neighbourhood with many socially disadvantaged inhabitants (=unemployed persons, immigrants …). Lately, this district changes its original character and becomes more and more trendy and expensive. The Sint-Jan Berchmanscollege, the school of Elisabeth and Gabriel, is located here too.

Last edited:
Thank you Johann, the pictures are so beautiful!!!!! Mathilde looks lovely.
It does not have more photos?

selminha said:
Thank you Johann, the pictures are so beautiful!!!!! Mathilde looks lovely.
It does not have more photos?
Just some small ones at picturedesk

I'll tell you one thing, you want your future queen to be good at ping-pong and foozball. This way, if a frat party ever breaks out in the palace, she's the girl you want on your team.

She always seems so at ease and comfortable in any situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom