Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 12

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purple_platinum

Heir Apparent
City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
Welcome to a new, fresh thread for Philippe & Mathilde's current events!

Please post current news and/or pics of Crown Prince Phillippe and Crown Princess Mathilde in this thread. While doing so, remember to adhere to the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines

The previous thread can be found here

Remember to properly cite the articles and photos, view the above link if you need help in this matter or PM a moderator. Also, this thread is for current events only, pictures from previous events may be posted in the picture thread.
Above all, be courteous to your follow members and enjoy yourself.

hehehe....i have to laugh at mathilde siting on that low red chair. she seems so happy and beautiful.

Well, it is kind of fun to be a fly on the wall at one of their private visits! I appreciate the photos Johann.

It is a pity that the Mathilde does not appear more times!!!!

selminha said:
It is a pity that the Mathilde does not appear more times!!!!

Yes, so this forum could be a daily soap series hahaha. Our a reality show...poor Mathilde

Break in on grounds

I saw an item on another board about a man being arrested for being on the grounds of the residence of Prince Phillippe and Princess Mathilde. It said they were not home at the time. Does anyone have any information on this?

I did a google news search using their names, title and country and got nothing new. I also used the words 'arrested' added to their names and came out with nothing.
Did it happen today?

Emmily said:
I saw an item on another board about a man being arrested for being on the grounds of the residence of Prince Phillippe and Princess Mathilde. It said they were not home at the time. Does anyone have any information on this?

Was this recently? I've heard nothing about it.

OK I found something in De Standaard: http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Detail.aspx?artikelId=DMF14052006_018

Intruder arrested on the royal domain of Laken

BRUSSELS - Last Saturday a man has been arrested on the royal domain of the caste of Laken, he had intruded the domain unnoticed. News from the Public Prosecutor's Office on Sunday.

The king and queen were not present on the domain at the moment of the facts. The man, who's identity has not been revealed, claims he was "going for a stroll", so the Public Prosecutor's Office informs us.

The man is known to court for robbery. A file exits on him. He will be prosecuted for disturbance of domestic peace. Nothing was stolen.

BAVA

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Hannelore, for finding the above article and taking time to translate some of it.
That explains why I could not find it, it was in another language and it did not go international with an english translation.

Princess Mathilde of Belgium (R) talks with Vietnam ambassador in Belgium Thuy Thanh Phan and Standing Vice-President of Vietnam Women's Union Thi Khue Truong during the colloqium on Microfinance, Thursday 18 May 2006 in Belgian senate

from anp and getty

Attachments

• 3069471.jpg
    3069471.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 352
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
20060518, BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
Princess Mathilde of Belgium sits beween Federal Minister of Development Aid Armand De Decker (L) and Senate chairwoman Anne-Marie Lizin (R) during the colloqium on Microfinance, Thursday 18 May 2006 in Belgian senate.

from BELGA PHOTO / BENOIT DOPPAGNE

selminha said:
Great pictures thanks. Mathilde looks just great

she's great not only in the outside but in the inside, she does a lot of work in the microfinance field and the belgians should feel proud of her...

oy, I sounded like someone from Laeken PR!:D:D:D

crisiñaki said:
oy, I sounded like someone from Laeken PR!:D:D:D

But you're absolutely right, Mathilde does great work. :D

She always looks so fresh and lovely. Never a bad day.

Princess Mathilde of Belgium attends the Microfinance forum of the globalization committee of the Belgian senate. Picturedesk

Attachments

• 7026447.jpg
    7026447.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 573
  • 7026448.jpg
    7026448.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 440
  • 7026449.jpg
    7026449.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 479
  • 7026450.jpg
    7026450.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 521
  • 7026451.jpg
    7026451.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 511
  • 7026452.jpg
    7026452.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 535
  • 7026453.jpg
    7026453.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 540
  • 7026454.jpg
    7026454.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 624
  • 7027957.jpg
    7027957.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 492
  • 7027958.jpg
    7027958.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 505
a few more from Picturedesk

Attachments

• 7027959.jpg
    7027959.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 479
  • 7027960.jpg
    7027960.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 419
  • 7027961.jpg
    7027961.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 562
  • 7027962.jpg
    7027962.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 524
I couldn't agree more with you all about the positive work that Mathilde does, her involvement in the micro finance/ micro credit field is really admirable and great! She looked fab in red, she's really glowing! The Belgian senate's room that they were in looked quite impressive as well.

I've been browsing that website before to see if they had any pics, but back then they weren't online yet. Thank you for posting them, Johann! :)

She seems to find the right type of outfits for her body type, most of the time they are very pretty.

Thank you all for the photos...it always brightens my day to see the good work Mathilde is up to!

She looks charming especially with that red attire she wore in the Belgian Senate. I think the shade of red looks fabulous on her. And she always has her charismatic smile that amazes a crowd.

article from Story ed. May 20-26, 2006

After 6 years of loyal service, Mathilde says goodbye to Machteld

Some changes are about to take place in the "house" of Filip and Mathilde. After 6 years of loyal service, Machteld Fostier will no longer be Mathilde's advisor. A pity, but that's the way it goes in the world of diplomacy and the royal court.

It will be an adjustment for Mathilde to no longer see Machteld Fostier as the first person to come into her office each morning. After six years, her advisor's carreer takes another turn. And that will no doubt be a royal promotion, because she did a more than excellent job. Machteld was a promising career woman in the diplomatic world when she was asked by the princess to come and work for her. She had represented Belgium by working a few years for the UN in New York and had been stationed in Geneva and Manilla. Humanitarian affairs and human rights were her specialty. A 46 year old hardworking woman, no husband or kids and above all: 100% Flemish. Her first and most important task was: to talk only Dutch with the princess. Because Mathilde came from a francophone nest, and if she ever wanted to be accepted in the North then she'd have to learn fluent Dutch.

It worked out just fine: in no time Mathilde was, if this is possible, even more popular north than south of the language border. The Mathilde-mania of those first years seemed to be without end: the engagement, the joyeuses entrées, the fairytale wedding... it all made the heart of the true royalty fan beat louder. But there was also the realization that this euphoric atmosphere probably woudn't last. That the princess needed more to win the lasting respect and sympathy of the Belgians.

From the beginning it was clear that Mathilde wasn't going to be just a glamour princess, a fashion icon or "princess smile". Mathilde wanted a more profound role and to achieve this she concentrated on the social aspect of our society, and she gratefully used Machteld's background, because it was also the world her advisor came from.

At the time of their wedding, Filip & Mathilde had asked that, in turn of presents, money would be donated, and with this money the Princess Mathilde Fund was established a year later. It was a shot in the bull's eye! People still wonder today what the Prince Albert Fund or the Prince Filip Fund stand for, our which goals the queen Paola or queen Fabiola Foundations serve, but Mathilde's aim was clear from the start: to protect the vulnerable persons in our society - women and children above all. Her speeches, and the kind of visits that Mathilde planned together with her advisor clearly showed her priorities, and how she intended to use her royal title to make a difference. First in our own country, where there's after all still a lot of hidden injustice and poverty. But also abroad, where Mathilde is asked to help more and more. The princess wanted to be more than a modest former speech therapist working with children. She plunged herself in the problematics of HIV and aids and became a Unicef ambassador. UN president Kofi Annan personnally asked her to work worldwide for microfinance projects. This initiative grants small loans to woman in developping countries so they can start their own small business, which in turn brings them dignity and independance. The 'empowerment of women' were words that continuosly appeared in the princess's speeches, with the approaval of her advisor.

Machteld's big concern was also that Mathilde wanted to be too much and everything at the same time: the perfect wife, a good princess and the best mother. And when asked how she succeeded in being all of this, Mathilde always modestly replied she was surrounded by the best people. And with this she certainly meant Machteld, who constantly protected the princess against the driven and demanding outside world. Machteld is a charming, petite woman, a good deal smaller than the princess, but at the same time a fury and nearly a bodyguard when she has to. Nobody touches 'her' princess. She decidedly turns down the press when once again they seem to have only attention for the princess's hairdo, her dresses or a possible pregnancy. When receptions seem to go on forever and too many people try to get too much attention from the princess, she's there. And together they have become champions in 'disappearing'. Nobody disappears as unnoticed from a party as Mathilde, who needs her sleep and knows that the hours before midnight count double.

On average the advisors of our crownprincely couple stay on for four years. At Mathilde's urgent request Machteld stayed six years. Of course more good advisors and collaborators will follow, but she will never forget Machteld because she was the first, the woman who guided her safely through the first hectic years. A confident, a friend. yes, Mathilde will surely miss Machteld.

Something I only realized now, quite amusing, the name Machteld is the germanic form of the name Mathilde :)

A really interesting article, Hannelore.
It's a different side of Mathilde we rarely heard. Certainly, Victoria of Sweden's advisor is more familiar and we always see ETW, but this is the first time i hear about Mathilde's advisor.
Machteld has a very great background, has worked at UN & all. And this just proved how well Mathilde is prepared for her noble goals in UN, microcredit, and everything.

I agree with Jess, thanks for the article Hannelore. I think it really comes across that Mathilde wants to be really good at a variety of things -- especially in learning about and representing the Belgians but also in her marriage and family life. I think Mathilde once said something that impressed her about Philippe is that he is "profound" -- I think this interview shows that the same could be said of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom