The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 08:04 PM
Courtier

I diid not know that I have only been somewhat a royal shloar for about almost three years now, Thank You. Queen Ena for the tip.

Old 08-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star
I diid not know that I have only been somewhat a royal shloar for about almost three years now, Thank You. Queen Ena for the tip.
I think that when you've come to a forum like TRF, where members have been following royals for years, information like the nationality of princes and princesses, especially ones as popular as the current Crown Princesses, is pretty common knowledge for everyone. Most members in this forum can also tell you a little bit about Mathilde's noble background or what Mary of Denmark's father does for a living or what Letizia of Spain's parents do for a living. Such information is readily available and one doesn't necessarily need to be a scholar to know such things.

Old 08-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Courtier

I know that some information on royals or about being royal you must read.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I know that some information on royals or about being royal you must read.
I'm sorry, but I am confused now. How else would people know stuff (about any subject not just royals) if they didn't read?

As already mentioned, it's a bit presumptuous to come around to a forum devoted to royals and to tell people things that are common knowledge. That would be like going to a fashion forum and saying that Chanel's first name was CoCo.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Courtier

There is no confusing at all then it comes to me. Some people did not know the difference from an heir-apparent to an heir-presumptive, And that not the only thing and there is other things you have to read. We are talking about other stuff we are about royals. This website is called The Royal forums.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook
I'm sorry, but I am confused now. How else would people know stuff (about any subject not just royals) if they didn't read?

As already mentioned, it's a bit presumptuous to come around to a forum devoted to royals and to tell people things that are common knowledge. That would be like going to a fashion forum and saying that Chanel's first name was CoCo.
I agree with you, there is no need to bring up the obvious. But if you read the biography of Chanel by Edmonde Charles-Roux (highly recommendable reading, especially when it comes to the treatment of Chanel by her lover, the British duke! Talk about condescending - and she such an artist!)), you'd have read that while Chanel called herself Coco, her name actually was Gabrielle.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Courtier

I feel reading is the best learing regardless how other people feel or say peroid.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness

Next Star, I think a nice way to learn about the royals on this forum is to go to the Sitemap, choose the Royal Family you are interested in and begin reading from the earliest threads on them through to the most current. Although I had studied the British Royal Family for several years when I joined TRF, I really did not know much about many of the European Royal Families and I learned alot by reading the threads. I think you will be amazed at the wealth of knowledge members of the forum have, and are generous enough to share.

....and now to the topic....do we get to see this lovely family on September 1st when Elisabeth and Gabriel will start school? Any ideas?
Old 08-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
....and now to the topic....do we get to see this lovely family on September 1st when Elisabeth and Gabriel will start school? Any ideas?
Well, I definitely hope so! Is it Gabriel's first year at school? If so, there might as well be some press coverage, don't you think?
Old 08-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Serene Highness

...well perhaps Catherine or Hannelore can help me here but I think Elisabeth started school two years ago so it seems that Gabriel should be starting this year since he and E are two years apart. I hope there is some coverage -- I always miss seeing this family when they are on holidays.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am sure there will be press coverage !
Old 08-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Royal Highness

Do you think Gabriel will also have a red backpack? I hope there's press coverage, he's too cute to pass up!
Old 08-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Let's move on from the obvious facts of Princess Mathilde's nationality everyone...
The facts of the Belgian Royals as do any other royals can be read on this forum or elsewhere easily by using "search". There is no need to repeat a factual information again & again.

Thank you.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Philippe it would have had a small accident during his holidays
indeed it seems to me that a binding with the right-hand side has
Old 08-25-2006, 04:30 PM
Courtier

Prince Philippe is back in business and attends the opening ceremony and the competitions at the IAAF Golden League athletics meeting “Memorial Van Damme” in Brussels tonight. He took the chance to congratulate his compatriot Tia Hellebaut, who won the high jump gold medal at the 2006 European Championship earlier this month. Furthermore he honours the Belgian European Champion Kim Gevaert who won the women’s 200 meters tonight. (BELGA, anp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandresylvie
Prince Philippe it would have had a small accident during his holidays
indeed it seems to me that a binding with the right-hand side has
You are right alexandresylvie - looks like a minor thumb injury.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
If Those who did not know Crown Princess Mathilde Of The Beligians but I say Belguim is the first beligian woman to marry a beligian heir-apparent.She will be the first beligian woman to become Queen Of The Beligians. But I like to say The Queen Of Belguim.
Yep. That is a new trend as well:
- Norway: a Norwegian bride
- Belgium: a Belgian bride
- Spain: a Spanish bride

Princess Mathilde is not only a perfect Princess, she is also a scion of an old noble family.
The family was bestowed the baronial rank in 1815 by King Willem I of the Netherlands after reconnaissance which is a recognition of older (pre-1795) nobility. Only the firstborn sons were a Baron, the other sons and daughters were Jonkheer (Écuyer) or Jonkvrouwe (Demoiselle). In 1999 it had pleased His Majesty to elevate the Baron d'Udekem d'Acoz (uncle of Mathilde) as well as Jonkheer d'Udekem d'Acoz (Mathilde's father) to the comital rank.

Camilla of Cornwall and Mathilde of Brabant are the only blueblooded spouses of today's Heirs.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's Jonkvrouw in Belgium (without -e). the french term demoiselle is not an equivalent, there is none in French.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Philippe & Mathilde were present at a private dinner in Holland for Masako & Naruhito of Japan. The other guests were queen Beatrix, Máxima & Willem-Alexander and Henri & María Teresa of Luxemburg.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Commoner

I totally agreed with iloveroyal about Princess Mathide.Well put it's exactly how I felt about her.There's an aura in her face that exudes serenity,calm and compassion.I love the fact that she made Prince Philippe such a happy man.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Belgium's young royals hand in hand as new term begins
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...belgianroyals/

Tags
crown prince phillipe, crown princess mathilde, current events, duchess of brabant, duke of brabant, mathilde, phillipe