The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

In Wimbledon near London, UK

Old 07-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the photos. Mathilde looks nice in the lime green jacket and white pants. I love her style.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
I think Princess Mathilde is our most special European princess : there is a serenity about her, as of someone with a strong spiritual life, which she radiates: somehow, looking at her peaceful, so kind face, always makes me feel better. Other princesses may be considered more beautiful or elegant, but she has an angelic quality and charm nobody else matches among the other royal families. We are very fortunate to have Mathilde.
I feel exactly the same way about Mathilde, despite the fact I tend to be the most cynical of people. There's this unexplicable karma about her that, even looking at a picture of her, makes one feel better about the world at large, strange as that may sound. Most royals out there, mind you, don't seem to have this ability, on the contrary, I see a picture of them and can't help but think, "you should get off your duff and stop pretending and wearing those tiaras and get a real job already!" But not with her, for whatever reason.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I love Mathilde's green jacket, it's a color that wouldn't work in a lot of people but in her it looks great; both her and Phillippe are wearing very summer-y clothes lately and those make them look very good!:)
Old 07-10-2006, 05:21 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
I think Princess Mathilde is our most special European princess : there is a serenity about her, as of someone with a strong spiritual life, which she radiates: somehow, looking at her peaceful, so kind face, always makes me feel better. Other princesses may be considered more beautiful or elegant, but she has an angelic quality and charm nobody else matches among the other royal families. We are very fortunate to have Mathilde.
Wow, how articulately you stated my feelings. Except, IMO, I think she is the most beautiful and elegant of the CP's!!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat
Mathilde seems like she would be a nice person to know. And she seems to have had a positive effect on Prince Philippe. When I compare pictures of before Philippe was married and afterward, he looks so much better after he got married to Mathilde... not only more handsome, but just more at peace and happy.
Rchat, you stated something I have thought ever since they got married. Before their marriage the only pictures I ever saw of CP Philippe were in Royalty or Majesty magazines. He always seemed to be someone who was not truly happy. Ever since their marriage, he seems so happy, relaxed and more confident. The vives I get from this couple when I see the pictures of them together on official engagements is that they have a real rapport and intimacy between them. Perhaps, the love of a wonderful woman changed his life. For some reason, even though I don't know them, I am truly happy for them and the family they have created. Hope they have decades of happy lives in front of them.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

another picture of Mathilde at Wimbledon from isifa

Old 07-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know when we can next expect to see Mathilde??
Old 07-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Gentry

she does nothing for a long time
www.monarchie.be (in Dutch)
Old 07-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Aristocracy

They have the right to enjoy some vacation also. And there is always one certainty in summer: 21 July (If Mathilde is not to pregnant what isn't the case. So one more week to wait. And after that I guess we'll have to wait until september.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
Nice to hear Philippe & Mathilde are there, unfortunately, Justine Henin-Hardenne just lost to Amelie Mauresmo. :(
I saw them on tv too..only on the tv channel they showed a close up of CP Mathilde and announced her as the "the princess of belgium'. Then when the camera zoomed out I could see CP Philippe sitting right beside her, but the commentators didn't mention/know who he was..lol
Old 07-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

All the pictures regarding Philippe & Mathilde on the National Day 2006 have been moved to the thread, which you can find here
Old 07-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Aristocracy

Question

Do you know or Prince Philippe and his family will cross(spend) their holidays
Old 07-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is from this week's Story: an interview with Marlène de Wouters. She's a Belgian-Dutch noblewoman who'se been working for Flemish tv for many years, mostly presenting talk shows. She now works for 5tv, a women's channel. She presents a royalty program there, Bal Royal. She also presents the queen Elisabeth competition. On the evening before the national day the organization of the QEC gives a free concert that the royal family attends. Here are some pics of Marlène de Wouters talking to Mathilde and some of her comments:

Princess Mathilde and princess Astrid talked for quite a while with Marlène. "It was a very nice chat!" Marlène says laughing. "Mathilde and I were just having a woman's talk. Obviously we discussed our children (laughs), but also the wedding of her sister Elisabeth and the busy days ahead of her. She also asked me about how I manage to combine my tv career with motherhood. So a real chat among women (laughs). Princess Mathilde is a strong woman, with both feet on the ground. Most of all she's a mother."
"Princess Astrid is always very atentive, and remembers the smallest details, she's intrested in many things and has a lot of affinity with the human side of things. She complimented me on my blouse, said she found it so summery and colourful."

Old 07-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for tranlating this article, Hannelore. I always find it interesting to read opinions of those who have had first hand experience with royalty!
Old 08-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by johann
Princess Mathilde attended the International UN-Conference on "Sexual violence in armed conflicts and beyond" in Brussels, Palais d’Egmont (June, 21st).
Brussels June 21, 2006 - Princess Mathilde of Belgium and Armand De Decker, Belgian Minister for Development Co-operation participate at the International Conference on "Sexual violence in armed conflicts and beyond" R
(photos by Jean-Michel CLajot)

Old 08-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASCADIA
Rchat, you stated something I have thought ever since they got married. Before their marriage the only pictures I ever saw of CP Philippe were in Royalty or Majesty magazines. He always seemed to be someone who was not truly happy. Ever since their marriage, he seems so happy, relaxed and more confident. The vives I get from this couple when I see the pictures of them together on official engagements is that they have a real rapport and intimacy between them. Perhaps, the love of a wonderful woman changed his life. For some reason, even though I don't know them, I am truly happy for them and the family they have created. Hope they have decades of happy lives in front of them.
Totally agree with you Cascadia. They seem so compatible.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Courtier

If Those who did not know Crown Princess Mathilde Of The Beligians but I say Belguim is the first beligian woman to marry a beligian heir-apparent.She will be the first beligian woman to become Queen Of The Beligians. But I like to say The Queen Of Belguim.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star
If Those who did not know Crown Princess Mathilde Of The Beligians but I say Belguim is the first beligian woman to marry a beligian heir-apparent.She will be the first beligian woman to become Queen Of The Beligians. But I like to say The Queen Of Belguim.
If there indeed are someone here on the Belgian part of the forum who didn't know - they must have been hiding under a rock for the past years. Almost every time I read an article about Mathilde, it is mentioned that she is Belgian born.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Courtier

I thought that not that many people knew that she is the first beligan woman to marry a Beligan heir-apparent. You have proven wrong but that is okay. I learned something new and by thank you
Old 08-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Commoner

NextStar..thanks for the info BUT Mathilde has been married for at least five years and has three kids. That information has been out for quite some time now.

Tags
crown prince phillipe, crown princess mathilde, current events, duchess of brabant, duke of brabant, mathilde, phillipe