Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde: Current Events Part 11

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
more from Belgapic :

Attachments

• p4089631.jpg
    p4089631.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 252
  • p4089632.jpg
    p4089632.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 236
  • p4089633.jpg
    p4089633.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 219
  • p4089636.jpg
    p4089636.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 221
  • p4089629.jpg
    p4089629.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 244
  • p4089637.jpg
    p4089637.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 262
  • p4089640.jpg
    p4089640.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 236
  • p4089667.jpg
    p4089667.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 263
The hairdo of mathilde is very pretty!!! Thanks for the pictures from today. I like her outfit!! It does not have more photos?

Jess, Thank you for the great photos. I agree with selminha that the style of her hair is lovely. Thank you for posting!

May be I 'm making a wrong appreciation of th Matilde's shape, but as we can see it's possible to think at a new pregnancy.
As you can see I'm using a lot of precaution to expose my opinion. Understatment ! Isn't it ?

adelaide said:
May be I 'm making a wrong appreciation of th Matilde's shape, but as we can see it's possible to think at a new pregnancy.
As you can see I'm using a lot of precaution to expose my opinion. Understatment ! Isn't it ?

why would mathilde get pregnant so soon after emmanuel? she is 33, she has a lot of time to get pregnant again. and the other kids, did not came so fast after the previous baby, you understand what I mean?:eek: There is a space of 2 years between elisabeth and gabriel and Emmanuel? right?:rolleyes:

Mathilde looks so lovely ! She is great with kids !

About that gossip that Mathilde is pregnant again :
Give the woman a rest please , Emmanuel is only 5 months old . It's her third child . Is it so strange that Mathilde needs some time to get her old figure back ? I think she just has to lose some weight ( but for me she looks already great! :) )

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Why in heavens would she need to lose weight? She's fine as she is!

Exactly, I think it is a releave that mathilde has a body of a mother of 3 children.. :rolleyes: She is just normal. Just like Mette-marit, although mette covers her body up, In black clothes.:cool: Mathilde is brave just to show her body like it is.
Well; they are both fine as they are.:)

mirrjam said:
Exactly, I think it is a releave that mathilde has a body of a mother of 3 children.. :rolleyes: She is just normal. Just like Mette-marit, although mette covers her body up, In black clothes.:cool: Mathilde is brave just to show her body like it is.
Well; they are both fine as they are.:)

Trust me, anybody would kill for a body as nice as Mathilde's is even after 3 kids:cool: :D

Can I ask about the lady who alway accompanies Princess Mathilde? Is she a lady in waiting, an advisor?? What is her background?
Thanks Leanne

leanne said:
Can I ask about the lady who alway accompanies Princess Mathilde? Is she a lady in waiting, an advisor?? What is her background?
Thanks Leanne

Her name is Machteld Fostier, she's Mathilde's advisor. Mathilde doesn't have a lady in waiting.

Mrs Fostier was a diplomate, she's Flemish. I think that , apart from her skills, she was also chosen by Mathilde as a way to be able to speak Dutch each day and that way learn the language quiker.

Two more of them skiing, the quality is not great, from E-Billedbladet

This is the interview with Prince Philippe from La Libre Belgique of 25 and 26 March 2006. An interview of Christian Laporte.

PHILIPPE'S REPLY

PORTRAIT: A SUPER AMBASSADOR

Since the 9th of August 1993, the day his father acceded to the throne, Philippe has clearly followed in his father's footsteps. In the division of the tasks between Albert II's children, he took over the honorary presidence of the Belgian Office of Foreign Trade, for wich prince Albert had accomplished 105 official missions between 1962 and 1993. A role that the prince likes a lot, because he appreciates the way in which our companies export our national colors. Undoubtedly, just like our king, the division of the foreign trade between the regions must have sometimes surprised him but he didn't hesitate to continue presiding them, no matter the linguistical background of the companies. This concern for bringing the communities together is also very present in the Fund that carries his name and that tries to strenghten the ties between the French-, Dutch- and Germanspeaking poulation.

NUMBER: 47

Since his first economic mission (24-27 October 1993 to Spain), prince Philippe has presided 47 missions in the framework of the foreign trade. This comes down to 13 per year, nearly half of what his father accomplished in...31 years!

AT THE SERVICE OF OTHERS

Ø Following new attaques, Prince Philippe steps into the limelight
Ø In an exclusive interview he explains his actions
Ø “Our role isn’t in the first place to dominate the media, but to work for the Belgians, every day”

CHRISTIAN LAPORTE

Monseigneur, according to the majority of the participants, the mission to South Africa was a success. How must we explain certain press comments that claim the opposite?
As you say, the most important partcipants were very pleased with the mission: the 3 regions, the diamond sector, enterprises and companies that work with sports infrastructure, our harbours. Also on the diplomatic level, the contacts were more than warm. You see we had well prepared this mission with briefings, but all this happened far away from the cameras. And in South Africa we had many contacts that allowed us to really dig deeper into things – but this happened in a discreet way. That’s often the only way to make serious progress.

Of all Belgian public figures, the members of the royal family have a duty of reserve that doesn’t allow them to react to attaques. Isn’t it frustrating when the attaques are directed against a person in stead of an institution?
In the case of the monarchy, there are constitutional rules, it’s the government that reacts and you have been able to tell for yourself the system worked perfectly with secretary of state Vincent Van Quickenborne, who represented the federal government. Of course, I’m not insensitive to criticism, but luckily we receive a lot of tokens of sympathy, that strenghten us in performing a mission that’s to everybody’s benefit.

Of all the tasks that you perform, the one of super-ambassador for the foreign trade is especially close to your heart. Belgium exporting itself as a country is a wonderfull theme of action and reflection. Is that still your credo?
Yes, more than ever. When my father asked me 12 years ago to take over this role, I was thrilled because I knew how important export and economy are to our country, to our prosperity. And what’s more, there’s so much talent in our country, so much innovation and technology that we can present to the world. And I must add that the missions have evolved: they have adapted themselves to our institutional situation, operations to boost our country’s image have been added, there are a great many more enterprises that participate in the missions, we intensify our missions to the markets that are rapidly growing, like China, India, Brasil our South Africa.

Negative publicity was given to you when it was said that you were opposed to the regionalisation of the forein trade...
Those who participate in the missions know to what extent the regions play a leading role in them. All preparations are made in their full consent. I am present at seminaries, receptions, visits to companies, contacts organized by the regions. Take a close look at the mission to South Africa and you will see that each region, Flanders, Wallonia, Brussels, and the federal state have specific activities. And the companies are directly surrounded by the regions.

The various media are a vital part of the royal function, but isn’t the accessory, the futile empasized?
I don’t judge the world of the media. What’s important for us, is that we try to achieve, every day, and most often discreetly, what’s expected from us: to be there for our people, to listen to them, to participate in their joys and grieves and to respect their identity. The media that wish to show an interest for this will certainly be able to report about this.

The monarchy can’t get involved in politics but woudn’t it be to her benefit to show a certain openness to cut short gossip?
I think we are open, but within the limits of our function and our role in the country. That role isn’t in the first place a mediatic one, but to work for the country and for all Belgians, every day. It’s on the long term that people will be able to judge how well we have or have not perfomed our task.

Wich message would you give young Belgians about the future?
I have a lot of contact with young people and I’m very interested in them and their future. My message is: have confidence in your own talents, be open towards others, involve yourselves in society, surpass your own limits and discover the world. Above all: don’t fall back on yourselves but open yourselves towards others and towards the world.

Do your many contacts with young people make you feel optimistic about our country’s future?
Yes, very much. I love my country, we have so much talent and our young people have all the chances to succeed in the world of tomorrow.

You frequent certain big philosophers. This must help you to put things into place but it will never be intresting to the media. Doesn’t this dispair you?
I find great pleasure in reading the works of great thinkers, those from Antiquity or from the 17th century, but also those of the 20th century. And yes, I have contacts with certain Belgian and international thinkers and philosophers. This allowes me reflect upon the sources of our civilisation and it feeds my reflection on the big tendancies of our world. But I consider this to be a private activity that doesn’t belong to the public life.

It seems that sometimes there’s no interest whatsoever for the concrete support you give, and the things you have to say, unless it’s to turn it into a polemic issue?
That’s why I’m happy you allow me this occasion to express myself about matters that I’m concerned about. You should also know that we’re very often on the field in our country, more than 200 days a year, to support all sorts of activities that allow us each time to have personal contacts with the population. These converstaions can be very profound, sometimes in front of the cameras, but mostly far away from them.

Should the palace and the prince show more openness about their activities?
We will never be open enough, and we mustn’t hesitate in taking certain precise initiatives towards the media. There are also other ways of communicating, not only through the media, but also by adressing ourselves directly to the people. We have a very warm tie with the people and we want to strenghten this even further in the future.

So which attitude shoud be adopted towards the media in the 21st century?
For me, the most important is that there exists a close bond between the royal house and the population. That will always be essential. The palace will always do its utmost best to respect the value of each human being, to say “you” to the people before thinking about the “me”, about ourselves, like it’s so often the case today.

Should the members of the royal family be stars of the media?
Most people that are stars have wanted it themselves. That’s not our role. We have to be at the service of society. And it’s for that goal we have to communicate, in the best possible way.

Which role do you give yourself to oppose the break-up of our country?
When we founded the Prince Philippe Foundation, we chose the strenghtening of the ties between the communities of our country to be the principal aim. I want to get further involved in this aim. Already hundreds of initiatives have been taken to support people who would like to accomplish something to achieve this.

Can the prince agree with an analysis like the one made recently by senator Patrick Vankrunkelsven (VLD), that comes down to a mere protocole function for the king?
That's a matter for the political world.

Mathilde's vists to KIDS, a special school in Hasselt for deaf children and deaf children with speech problems.

Photos: kids.be

Attachments

• photo20.jpg
    photo20.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 227
  • photo19.jpg
    photo19.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 233
  • photo18.jpg
    photo18.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 226
  • photo17.jpg
    photo17.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 338
  • photo15.jpg
    photo15.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 213
  • photo14.jpg
    photo14.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 264
  • photo13.jpg
    photo13.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 303
  • photo12.jpg
    photo12.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 344
  • photo16.jpg
    photo16.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 219
photos from kids.be

Attachments

• photo27.jpg
    photo27.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 210
  • photo32.jpg
    photo32.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 208
  • photo31.jpg
    photo31.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 251
  • photo30.jpg
    photo30.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 272
  • photo28.jpg
    photo28.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 319
  • photo26.jpg
    photo26.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 214
  • photo25.jpg
    photo25.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 331
  • photo24.jpg
    photo24.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 313
  • photo23.jpg
    photo23.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 307
  • photo22.jpg
    photo22.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 218
and more.........

Attachments

• photo58.jpg
    photo58.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 217
  • photo55.jpg
    photo55.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 223
  • photo54.jpg
    photo54.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 304
  • photo52.jpg
    photo52.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 212
  • photo51.jpg
    photo51.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 232
  • photo37.jpg
    photo37.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 208
  • photo36.jpg
    photo36.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 244
  • photo35.jpg
    photo35.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 210
  • photo33.jpg
    photo33.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 231
  • photo38.jpg
    photo38.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 203
and more from kids.be

Attachments

• photo64.jpg
    photo64.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 251
  • photo73.jpg
    photo73.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 195
  • photo70.jpg
    photo70.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 210
  • photo69.jpg
    photo69.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 206
  • photo68.jpg
    photo68.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 188
  • photo67.jpg
    photo67.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 201
  • photo63.jpg
    photo63.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 208
  • photo62.jpg
    photo62.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 208
  • photo60.jpg
    photo60.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 196
apart from the little ones, she also visited the bigger children, who were having French lessons.

Attachments

• photo85.jpg
    photo85.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 261
  • photo88.jpg
    photo88.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 220
  • photo84.jpg
    photo84.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 219
  • photo80.jpg
    photo80.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 211
  • photo79.jpg
    photo79.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 206
  • photo74.jpg
    photo74.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 208
  • photo81.jpg
    photo81.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 237
  • photo82.jpg
    photo82.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 205
more photos of the visit to the school

Attachments

• photo111.jpg
    photo111.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 215
  • photo115.jpg
    photo115.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 239
  • photo114.jpg
    photo114.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 198
  • photo113.jpg
    photo113.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 212
  • photo112.jpg
    photo112.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 208
  • photo108.jpg
    photo108.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 189
  • photo106.jpg
    photo106.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 213
  • photo102.jpg
    photo102.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 227
  • photo99.jpg
    photo99.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 215
  • photo98.jpg
    photo98.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 229
Mathilde leaving...

Attachments

• photo114.jpg
    photo114.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 217
  • photo115.jpg
    photo115.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 191
  • photo119.jpg
    photo119.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 213
  • photo121.jpg
    photo121.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 211
  • photo122.jpg
    photo122.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 195
  • photo126.jpg
    photo126.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 189
wow catherine.. many thanks for these many many pics...
she is absolutely great with the kids... young & old...

Thanks Catherine for the translation of the interview with Philippe (it was an interesting read...) and the pictures of Mathilde. I think the press should get off their backs. They're doing a wonderful job! :)

Catherine, Thank you so much for the translation and for the pictures...both are just wonderful! I am curious as to whether PM was doing sign language in the 7th picture of post #51? I wonder if she learned this for her profession as a speech therapist?

Maxie said:
Thanks Catherine for the translation of the interview with Philippe (it was an interesting read...) and the pictures of Mathilde. I think the press should get off their backs. They're doing a wonderful job! :)

Yeah, go Phillippe!:D :D
He managed to dismiss the bad press in such an elegant way;)

Emily said:
Catherine, Thank you so much for the translation and for the pictures...both are just wonderful! I am curious as to whether PM was doing sign language in the 7th picture of post #51? I wonder if she learned this for her profession as a speech therapist?
My sister is a speech therapist too and as far as I know she just learned some very basic things about sign language. Here in the Netherlands you can study sign language on it self (it's a whole study of four years, which sounds logical to me, because it's like learning a new language with a very complex grammar and stuff) on several levels. Most speech therapists who want to do more with sign language start studying it after their graduation as a speech therapist. But that's in the Netherlands. I don't know how it works in Belgium. :)

Thanks, Maxie -- very interesting. It would make alot of sense for a speech therapist to study it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom