Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde: Current Events Part 10

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carnival Fun for Philippe & Mathilde

Crown Prince Philippe cut a formidable figure last week when he donned military fatigues while visiting a NATO base. Belgium's future king was on rather more light-hearted form at the weekend, however, as he and his wife Mathilde joined in the fun at a local street party in Lanaken, Belgium.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/02/28/belgianroyals/

Pictures from Rex Features and picturedesk/contrast.

More pictures from Philippe and Mathilde's visit to Lanaken February 24th.

Attachments

• 0,600.jpg
    0,600.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 199
  • 0,601.jpg
    0,601.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 284
  • 0,602.jpg
    0,602.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 190
  • 0,603.jpg
    0,603.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 327
  • 0,604.jpg
    0,604.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 0,605.jpg
    0,605.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 449
  • 0,606.jpg
    0,606.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 0,607.jpg
    0,607.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 0,608.jpg
    0,608.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 0,609.jpg
    0,609.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
Some of you wondered about the picture Mathilde unveiled in Lanaken. It actually belongs to a Thank you Card, which was send to congratulators. I scanned it, so here it is.
Source: Palais de Bruxelles

Johann thank you!! It's such a beautiful photo, really the best portrait of the family so far. I love it! The children look lovely, there's something in Elisabeth's look that reminds me so much of Mathilde.

It was a great pleasure for me! And yes, the resemblance between Elisabeth and Mathilde is very obvious here - much more than before. I think it´s her cute smile

Yes, Johann, thanks for that lovely photo. I, too, think it is the lovliest I have seen. The only thing I have to say differs with you and Catherine -- that is, when the photo first popped up my initial reaction was that Elisabeth was more than ever the mirror image of Philippe -- except that her face does seem rounder in this photo! At any rate, it is a beautiful picture and I thank you again for posting it.

What a beautiful photo. I love Elisabeth's smile in it...:)

johann said:
Some of you wondered about the picture Mathilde unveiled in Lanaken. It actually belongs to a Thank you Card, which was send to congratulators. I scanned it, so here it is.

Thank you so much for taking the time to scan this image Johann! :) It's such a beautiful family picture. I love Emmanuel in his little red overalls that mached with Gabriel's that matched with Elisabeth's dress!

johann said:
Thank you very much for posting that, Johann. It's such a lovely photo of all of them, and I know I always say this, but look at Gabriel! Aww. He's growing up so fast, and Elisabeth looks so much like Mathilde. I thought it was cute how their hands are nearly touching. And little Emmanuel. Just adorable and I love his booties. It's nice how they're all colour-coordinated. It's done tastefully.

Danielle said:
Thank you very much for posting that, Johann. It's such a lovely photo of all of them, and I know I always say this, but look at Gabriel! Aww. He's growing up so fast, and Elisabeth looks so much like Mathilde. I thought it was cute how their hands are nearly touching. And little Emmanuel. Just adorable and I love his booties. It's nice how they're all colour-coordinated. It's done tastefully.

I know -- I just love little Gabriel! And Philippe has matching colors with the boys, as well. Everything about them is so "tasteful" as you say.

Johann... thank you very much for your scan. :) It's a very beautiful picture of one of the most adorable family i see.. i love it!! :eek: the children are adorable with their matching clothes. :D

Thank you for the nice picture of the family , lucky one who have this !!

were was it a thankyou for??? for the baptism???

I agree. A lovely family. Thanks so much for scanning the photo.

yes, really really lovely, many thanks for the photo

Philippe & Mathilde and the children spent the week in Verbier (Switzerland) skiing, and giving Elisabeth and Gabriel their first skiing lessons. There was no photo shoot, but some paparazzi photos of the couple and their two eldest children on the slopes.

that photo is beautiful. it's a lovely family, and great to see them looking so beautiful and happy.
elisabeth really looks like mum mathilde, the same for gabriel. i wonder who will emmanuel resemble.

beautiful ohoto!
Really it's a loverly family.

The boys look so much like their Father and Elisabeth looks like her mom :)

Thank you for the very beautiful picture, johann! Elisabeth's smile does remind me so much of Mathilde's. I hope she'll be as beautiful as her mom when she grows up! :)

Catherine - Any chance we will see the paparazzi photos? Have you seen them?

Emily said:
Catherine - Any chance we will see the paparazzi photos? Have you seen them?

I missed the paper they were in, but there are some images in "Royalty", so in a day or 2 you'll see them too :)

It was asked before...but for what kind of thank you card was the photo?
It is simply adorable!!
Was it for the baptism of Emmanuel?

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
I missed the paper they were in, but there are some images in "Royalty", so in a day or 2 you'll see them too :)
Thanks! I am almost embarrassed to admit that I want to see them even though I really do want privacy for royal families!

Aaaaawwwww - what a beautiful picture of the family. Thank you very much for scanning the picture Johann.:) I'm really happy we got to see the picture properly. I love how they match in their clothing, and how Philippe and Mathilde are holding hands. Also the smiles on Elisabeth's and Gabriel's faces, and all the children are so adorable. Just beautiful all around.

This thread has now reached 11 pages. Its now time to close it. You can continue the discussion in this fresh, new thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom