The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore
what's the use of posting the same pictures over and over again?
While many of us have been following Phillippe and Mathilde's life for several years now, some members are new and are just beginning to learn about this wonderful couple so it's nice to see how they looked or what kind of functions they've attended in previous years.

And for those of us who have been following Phillippe and Mathilde for years, sometimes it's nice to take a trip down memory lane to events or functions this couple has attended.

Thank you Amina for sharing these pictures. :)

Old 06-18-2005, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, but most of these photos can be seen in this thread...I'm also very pleased when pictures are posted - I don't mean it in a negative way.

Old 06-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, I agree, Alexandria. l remember when I first joined the forums there was something about Mathilde and Phillippe's sincerity that immediately attracted me. I poured through all the archives catching myself up on their activities -- trying to discover just what they are about. Even now, though, I feel I don't get to see enough of Mathilde and I enjoy old pictures that are posted in between her engagements. So thanks to all who post the photos!
Old 06-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Gentry

yep, I don;t mind seeing pictures twice
Old 06-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Courtier

From AAP Image.

June 2005.

Various pictures from Philippe's trip to Japan.
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2005, 08:05 AM
Majesty

what is the latest photo of mathilde
Old 06-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
what is the latest photo of mathilde
The latest photos of Mathilde are the ones posted in posts 182, 183, and 184 (at the top of this page). They are from June 15th where she, Albert, and Paola received ambassadors for a reception.
According to Hannelore's post on upcoming events for Philippe and Mathilde, the next time we can expect to see Mathilde is on June 23th at a gala night of the VBO (Belgian trade union). Philippe will be there too.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mette2
The latest photos of Mathilde are the ones posted in posts 182, 183, and 184 (at the top of this page). They are from June 15th where she, Albert, and Paola received ambassadors for a reception.
According to Hannelore's post on upcoming events for Philippe and Mathilde, the next time we can expect to see Mathilde is on June 23th at a gala night of the VBO (Belgian trade union). Philippe will be there too.
thank you i should have figured it out my self

does she have a big belly to be due in october?
Old 06-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
thank you i should have figured it out my self

does she have a big belly to be due in october?
You're welcome Josefine. I know what it's like to be blind where you can't find the thing you need even though it's right in front of you. :)

I thought Mathilde's belly looked a bit big when I saw the latest pictures of her, but I really don't know if this is what someone looks like who is five months pregnant, - it's probably also different from person to person. I've heard though that you do look bigger the more babies you have, even if you're not that far along in your pregnancy, and this is her third. Or could she be expecting twins ? Well maybe not. I guess we'll have to wait a few months to find out. Can't wait to see the first pictures, and to find out what they're going to name the baby. :)
Old 06-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Courtier

After the first pregnancy, you grow faster because your body has already learned to stretch to accomodate the baby. But she may be due a little earlier than what was announced, or it may just be a big baby.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know when this photo taken? I haven't seen it before.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Majesty

she really looked lovely in that white dress. i absolutely loved the hairstyle the other day. it looks gorgeous on her. i hope she uses it more often.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-20-2005, 10:49 PM
Courtier

According to Philippe's order, it was taken during the Danish state visit to Belgium, in 2002 or so. The Elephant Order is one of 3 worn on the left shoulder going to the right hip -- the other two are the Garter of England and Thistle of Scotland.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly9480
According to Philippe's order, it was taken during the Danish state visit to Belgium, in 2002 or so. The Elephant Order is one of 3 worn on the left shoulder going to the right hip -- the other two are the Garter of England and Thistle of Scotland.
Thank you! :)

Old 06-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Old photos

Brussels september 5, 2001 Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde of Belgium receiving the petition " Say Yes for children and youngsters " From UNICEF. Mathilde was expecting Elisabeth
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Old Photos

August 2003, prince Gabriel is born! Prince Philippe talks to the press in the hall of the hospital
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Old photos

November 2003, princess Mathilde visits an institution for physically and mentally handicapped children. I remember seeing this visit on tv, and it struck me how well she comunicated with those children, not by words but by touching them.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

more of this visit
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

and a bit more
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Aristocracy

It makes me always happy to see newly posted pictures, even old ones, just can't get enough of it. Realy wonderful!! Thank you for the posters xxx

Closed Thread

Tags
crown prince phillipe, crown princess mathilde, current events, duchess of brabant, duke of brabant, mathilde, phillipe