Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde Current Events: Mar 2005-May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hannelore said:
From the very beginning she's had her own program. There were duties together with Filip but she also went on visits on her own, mainly focussing on the weaker persons in society (children, elderly, psychiatric patients etc.). The first year she did rely on Filip much more than she does now (you could say that now they rely on each other). She launched her own fund, there was a first economic mission to New York and the couple gave an interview to the NY Times or the Washington Pos- I don't remember exactly (unfortunately I didn't keep the article, I just remember Filip saying that living with Mathilde is 'awesome':)). Her first appearance in gala (and with her tiara) was at the Spanish state visit to Belgium.

I'll try to find some more pics from those 'early days' and post them here. If you don't mind I'll skip the happy entries since those are photos we all know by now...

I have alot of respect and admiration for this couple. Aside from being my favorites, to me they are ideal. Prince Philippe surprised us all with the perfect choice of the noble, beautiful, and elegant Mathilde.

The Princess also paid a short official visit to London just 4 months after her wedding, and I remember being very impressed. This is how it should work in my opinion, each part of the couple have their own agenda, but also come together for engagements.

I have really enjoyed looking at the photos from the 'beginning', so to speak. Thanks Hannelore. Mathilde has proven herself to be hardworking and worthy of our admiration and respect from the start. I think it's so sweet how Philippe accompanied Mathilde to the launch of her fund when she was nervous. Aww! :)

Hannelore said:
Of course it's OK Mette, that's what these boards are for! :):)

Thanks Hannelore :).

Also many thanks for the pictures and information. I've never seen the pictures from the concert before their marriage, so it's really great when you also get to see some 'new' old pictures :).

Here's some more.

Mathilde visiting a multimedia fair, somewhere in 2000.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 190
An official visit to the city Ostende at sea. Don't know about the outfit though...She can still carry it of because she's got such a great figure, but it's really on the edge for me :)

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 243
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 184
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 184
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 272
The couple in London for the release of the film 'Molokai' about (Belgian) father Damian's life. Good film BTW!

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 195
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 233
MATHILDE IS PREGNANT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Laatste Nieuws brings the primeur...

BRUSSEL — Prinses Mathilde (32) is in verwachting van haar derde kind. Dat heeft deze krant uit goede bron vernomen. Voor prinses Elisabeth (3,5 jaar) en prins Gabriël (1,5 jaar) betekent dat een broertje of zusje. Hoe lang Mathilde al zwanger is, werd niet bekendgemaakt. Het paleis was gisteravond niet bereikbaar voor commentaar.

Het viel afgelopen weekend al op dat prinses Mathilde in het Zwitserse skioord Verbier -waar ze met prins Filip en dochter Elisabeth op vakantie is- niet vaak op de latten stond. Terwijl prins Filip wel fervent aan het skiën was. In maart nam ze nog samen met haar man deel aan een handelsmissie naar India.

De andere kinderen van kroonprins Filip en prinses Mathilde werden geboren op 20 augustus 2003 (Gabriël) en 25 oktober 2001 (Elisabeth). Het paar trad op 4 december 1999 in het huwelijk. Voor het gezin is het deze week dubbel feest.

Morgen viert prins Filip zijn 45ste verjaardag.

Maandag is voor Mathilde en Filip een bezoek aan de Amerikaanse hoofdstad Washington gepland. Het prinsenpaar neemt er deel aan een conferentie die de diplomatieke, consulaire en economische agenten van ons land in de VS bijeenbrengt. Zij wonen verder een werkvergadering van de Wereldbank bij.

Are they just rumors, or is she actually pregnant? If I understand the article correctly (my Dutch is really bad, so I'm probably wrong), the palace hasn't confirmed anything yet. Well, if she is; congratulations to the couple and I'm sure Elisabeth and Gabriel would love to have another sibling around. :)

Hannelore said:

BRUSSEL — Prinses Mathilde (32) is in verwachting van haar derde kind. Dat heeft deze krant uit goede bron vernomen. Voor prinses Elisabeth (3,5 jaar) en prins Gabriël (1,5 jaar) betekent dat een broertje of zusje. Hoe lang Mathilde al zwanger is, werd niet bekendgemaakt. Het paleis was gisteravond niet bereikbaar voor commentaar.

Het viel afgelopen weekend al op dat prinses Mathilde in het Zwitserse skioord Verbier -waar ze met prins Filip en dochter Elisabeth op vakantie is- niet vaak op de latten stond. Terwijl prins Filip wel fervent aan het skiën was. In maart nam ze nog samen met haar man deel aan een handelsmissie naar India.

De andere kinderen van kroonprins Filip en prinses Mathilde werden geboren op 20 augustus 2003 (Gabriël) en 25 oktober 2001 (Elisabeth). Het paar trad op 4 december 1999 in het huwelijk. Voor het gezin is het deze week dubbel feest.

Maandag is voor Mathilde en Filip een bezoek aan de Amerikaanse hoofdstad Washington gepland. Het prinsenpaar neemt er deel aan een conferentie die de diplomatieke, consulaire en economische agenten van ons land in de VS bijeenbrengt. Zij wonen verder een werkvergadering van de Wereldbank bij.

whats means? im american

Sara Boyce

Danielle said:
Are they just rumors, or is she actually pregnant? If I understand the article correctly (my Dutch is really bad, so I'm probably wrong), the palace hasn't confirmed anything yet. Well, if she is; congratulations to the couple and I'm sure Elisabeth and Gabriel would love to have another sibling around. :)

It's now confirmed by the palace.

The baby is due in October 2005.

Hannelore said:
It's now confirmed by the palace.

The baby is due in October 2005.
Thanks Hannelore. I'm so happy for them :)

im happy for couple!

Sara Boyce

Congratulations to the couple. I´m hoping for another girl. It should be noted that Philippe will be celebrating his 45th birthday tomorrow. Such a great time for him and his family.

Third baby for Phillippe and Mathilde: October 2005

It has been confirmed to day!!!!
Congratulations!

Naissance

Le Prince Philippe et la Princesse Mathilde ont la grande joie d’annoncer qu’ils attendent un enfant. La naissance est prévue pour le mois d’octobre 2005.
Les Princes sont très heureux de donner ainsi un petit frère ou une petite soeur à la Princesse Elisabeth, née à Bruxelles le 25 octobre 2001, et au Prince Gabriel, né à Bruxelles le 20 août 2003.
Le Roi et la Reine et toute la Famille royale, ainsi que la famille de la Princesse Mathilde, s’associent à ce grand bonheur.

annoucement from the Royal Family website.

all my congratulations to this lovely family!

A rough translation would be:

Birth.

Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde have a great joy in announcing that they are expecting a child. The birth is expected for the month of October 2005.

The couple are very happy of thus giving a younger brother or younger sister to the Princess Elisabeth, born in Brussels on the 25th of October, 2001, and the Prince Gabriel, born in Brussels on the 20th of August, 2003.

The King and the Queen and the rest of the Royal Family, as well as the family of Princess Mathilde join in this marvelous news.

I wasn't expecting (no pun intended;) ) such great news!!

Congratulations to Mathilde and Philippe!!!:)

So good to hear it! Congrats to the lovely family! :)

That's really lovely and great news.Congrats the couple and the Royal Family too.

congratulations to them and i wishall the happiness for this family,with so many royalties who've given birth recently or are expected to be pregnant seems that pregnancy is this year's big style!

Congratulations to the parents!! I wish them a lot of hapiness.
Mathilde is one of my favourit Princesses and I'm very happy for her. :)

Congrats to all the family!

There were rumours in Belgium about it these last weeks.

Wonderful news - congratulations to the parents and the whole Royal Family!

He, Philippe
3 childrens within a period of 5 years!!!
It's very, very efficient.
"Still Waters run deep."

I'm so happy for them !!!:)

But I think the baby will due in September . It was also with Elisabeth and Gabriel .

Amailia

Wow! It is nice to know that they are keeping busy!:D Hehehe.:p Sorry.

Wonderful news, congrats to the entire royal family, especial Mathilde, Philippe, and the future big sister and big brother.:)

Hannelore said:

Translation: Third pregnancy for Mathilde

BRUSSELS- Princess Mathilde is expecting her third child. Our newspaper found out from a reliable source. This means a new brother or sister for princess Elisabeth (3,5) and prince Gabriel (1,5). It hasn't been announced how far Mathilde is. The palace wasn't able to give a comment yesterday.

The past weekend it was already remarkable that princess Mathilde wasn't seen skiing in Verbier in Switzerland -where she was on skiing holiday with Filip and the children-. In March she participated in a trade mission to India with her husband.

The other children of crownprince Filip and princess Mathilde were born on August 20th, 2003 (Gabriel) and on October 25th, 2001 (Elisabeth). The couple got married on December 4th, 1999. This week the family will be celebrating a double party. Tomorrow Filip turns 45.

Monday Mathilde and Filip have planned a visit to the American capital Washington. The princely couple will take part in a conference that unites diplomatic and economic agents for our country in the US. They will also attend a workmeeting of the Worldbank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom