Princess Stephanie of Monaco & Family Current Events 12:November 2008 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Princess Stephanie of Monaco & Family Current Events 12:November 2008 - December 2017

Welcome to Part 12 of the thread for the Current Events of Princess Stephanie of Monaco.
You can find the old thread here:
Princess Stephanie of Monaco Current Events - Part 11

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Pictures of Princess Stephanie of Monaco from French Vogue magazine are really beautiful. Thank you for posting the pics, RADKER18. :flowers:

I am going to buy the Vogue magazine. I hope it's in the magazine stores now. :)

M&M ed:

*Stephanie* -> *1* *2* *3* *4* *5*

Testino ed

*Stephanie* -> *1* *2* *3* *4* *5* *6* *7* *8*

- scanned by berlinrocks at The Fashion Spot -

Stephanie Looks beautiful in all the Pictures and She has Amazing Legs :wub: .

Sebastian Im sure will Swoon over these Pictures ;)

Thanks for the photos. Testino took the really great ones of Diana too. Stephanie has always been edgy fashion wise and I think he has captured that part of her spirit. I think she looks great.

M&M ed:

Testino ed

Yeah, believe me I'm plenty swoony ...

Thanks very much. She's beautiful.

M&M ed:

Testino ed

Amazing pics...specially Testino's....he is genius...Steph has :flowers:amazing legs...

Nice phos of her.
She looks so fresh on them and she reminds much more Caroline than usualy.

The current Vogue photos are some of the most beautiful photos I have ever seen of her. She looks absolutely stunning.

- scanned by berlinrocks from The Fashion Spot-

Just so all the pictures can be together ;)

- scanned by berlinrocks from The Fashion Spot-

Just so all the pictures can be together ;)

She's amazing. I really need to buy the issue !!!

I like her hair in the Testino shots ... the cut is great.
She shows a lot of personality through the pics ... I so want to know what she talks about in the interviews. ( Seems to be about her childhood, her passion in life, her kids, her daily life etc. )
Anyone know more yet ?

Wow, These pictures are simply gorgeous! Thanks, once again for these lovely pics of Stephanie, RADKER 18. :flowers:

stephanie be my princess!!! marry me please! lol

Pics 14.2.2008

Monaco, December 14th - Princess Stephanie hands out red cross
presents to residents of the Otto fundation.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Monaco, December 14th - Princess Stephanie hands out red cross
presents to residents of the Otto fundation.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Thanks ice, she looks good...I like the outfit and the hair.
And there're the glasses again...
........atop the head, cool Stephie :):cool:...

Thanks Ice. Stephanie looks great and her outfit is Amazing .

You are both most welcome :flowers: I only wish we had some
better pics than these...Steph looked so lovely and once again
so much like her sister..:)

You are both most welcome :flowers: I only wish we had some
better pics than these...Steph looked so lovely and once again
so much like her sister..:)

I thought so , too, Ice ... Caro and Steph look more and more alike... or maybe it's more like Steph taking on some of Caro's look... I don't know ...it's hard to explain...

Thank you iceflower, very nice pictures, as usual, whenever you post something. :flowers: Stephanie seems very tall in these pictures, almost like a giant. But she is not at all that large a woman. She looks very nice and happy. I'm glad to see all these new photos of her and her family.

:xmastree2:

Princess Stephanie of Monaco awards diplomas to the
new graduating nurses, Monaco, December 19, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
Here's an additional gallery - the first pic of it is very lovely:

Stéphanie de Monaco... diplômée !

She's amazing. I really need to buy the issue !!!

I like her hair in the Testino shots ... the cut is great.
She shows a lot of personality through the pics ... I so want to know what she talks about in the interviews. ( Seems to be about her childhood, her passion in life, her kids, her daily life etc. )
Anyone know more yet ?
I just bought the Paris Vogue featuring Stephanie - I echo what has been said before about the wonderful shots. As I don't read French very well I too would be greatful for someone to translate the interviews:prettyplease:
For those of you in the UK who might struggle to get a copy, I got mine from Borders bookshop.

Glistening Seas

:holly: Holiday greetings everyone!! The pics of the awards of the nurses were great!

:snowman:Love the icy frost grey/white combination outfit Staphanie wore. It is most definitely "her" good color choice of outfits. it makes her complexion simply 'light" up. Very very elegante. Personally, the icy frost grey/white combination is a fav of mine too.

Are the nurses going to be assigned to the new cardio wing of the hospital? Looks like a good sized class. Best to them all in their new careers! :xmasbell::poinsettia::harvest:

I was very disappointed with the Stephanie Vogue issue. I understand fashion magazines have an agenda, and I don't know how much input Stephanie had in the editing of the issue, but I felt there were a lot of things wrong with how they presented her. Whether she was manipulated or master-minded it (to the extent she could), she doesn't come across as I feel someone of her rank should.

So the issue was a nostalgic look on the eighties, with Stephanie as one of the icons. One problem I have with this premise is, number one, it is easy to be a rebel when you are a millionaire or billionaire. Things usually work out in the end for you. Stephanie is keen to emphasize how she likes to do things without the accoutrements of her status, as in "not wanting 4 bodyguards to accompany her" whenever she shops at the supermarket and so on, which is an unfortunate example given her history with bodyguards and other staff, including her father's. I find it disingenuous that she failed to mention the part her bank account and connections have played in her success or ability to cultivate and exploit for commercial purposes the rebel image.

Rebellion is glorified as the expression of one's individuality, flaunting society's expectations. Yet rebellion comes with a price. If it doesn't hurt you personally (and if you are protected by a thick cushion of money, you usually come out of it fine), it can hurt a lot of people around you and it can take a while to clean out the fallout. There was not a word about such side-effects of one individual's great show of rebellion, and I don't remember seeing the word responsibility. From the multiple biographies of the Monaco family, articles from the eighties and nineties and more genuine and emotionally aware interviews of Stephanie from the past, it is no secret that Stephanie has managed to hurt just about everybody who cared about her (including the principality of Monaco), and on the professional side has disappointed and betrayed many of her business partners and sponsors, letting them down big time, such as the famous New York party bash in her honor, where everybody who was anybody was invited and she was a no-show. (In interviews though, it's always somebody else's fault: an unfortunate Grimaldi trait, as Princess Caroline herself has done the same thing everytime something went wrong when she had to be a team member : see the Dakar fiasco and the ballets de Monte-Carlo early problems).

The other problem is the emphasis on image and appearance. She presents herself, and the magazine touts her as an avant-gardist well ahead of her time and an inspiration for the fashions of that era. Again, nothing about how her connections, including her mother's at the house of Dior might have helped launch such a fashion genius. Unfortunately, they also intimate that she has not changed, and much is made of her tatoos and piercings, as totems of her continuous rebellion against conventions. Big deal ! Now, Stephanie is a middle-aged woman whose highligted quotes in the magazine make her sound like she is barely out of adolescence. Here is a woman who has mothered three children (by 2 different fathers), has had numerous liaisons, but who claims that there are only three men in her life, her father, her brother, and her son; in other words, only blood ties. This is a case of arrested development, as one of the signs of maturing is being able to acquire and keep attachments outside of the immediate family. It's as if Stephanie lived in a cocoon where protection was key to emotional stability. I don't have a problem with that, but were I the princess, I'd like to come across for the world to see as being older than 22.

Finally, the pictures. What are they trying to show ? What I see is a woman who doesn't know how to pose, except for a few pictures, who looks hard and depressed. (At times, she looks like Jamie Lee Curtis, but that's a compliment).

I admire what Stephanie accomplishes in the principality, her continuous presence in and commitment to its social affairs, her causes, her loyalty to her brother. I admire her spirit and her spunk and her individuality. What I take exception to is how magazines slant characters and situations, obscuring background, glorifying excesses, and the implicit commentary on how more conservative princesses choose to fulfill their lives and obligations. But not to worry. Another Vogue issue will be all about classicism, and guess who will be on the cover and be called "redactrice" (editor)? Princess Caroline, of course. Suddenly, responsibility will be the way to go. Although, I am not holding my breath. Magazines sell subversion, not conformity.

Very good comment!

If the main part of the magazine shows "stephanie on the 80th" than I agree that its a failed edition. Why do they always warm-up that old stories and old pictures again?
The intereseting part of her life in the past was that she spent it a bit different to other princess but now its about 20 years ago.
Maybe somehow she wanted to get out of her "royal cocoon" or did not know how to spend life because she is missing the danger of falling down to low society (like it can happen for anyone of us).
For an actual well aranged vogue mag. I would have expected professional pictures of her with actual dress she likes to wear for several occoaisons (like some TV snapshots which were posted in this forum) and some short stories about actual family relations and interests these days.
Now there is no difference between a normal high society bussines woman and Stephanie because her brother is ruling monaco, not she. So I also would be interested in her actual bussines tasks.

The style of the B&W photos remember me the pictures taken of Caroline by Lagerfeld. Sometimes its excellent to avoid colors for professional shots.

So, referring to iloveroyals comment, maybe its not that bad to miss this vogue edition.

I was very disappointed with the Stephanie Vogue issue. I understand fashion magazines have an agenda, and I don't know how much input Stephanie had in the editing of the issue, but I felt there were a lot of things wrong with how they presented her. Whether she was manipulated or master-minded it (to the extent she could), she doesn't come across as I feel someone of her rank should.(.....)

....Magazines sell subversion, not conformity.

Brilliantly said, as always! But also maybe a waste of energy and words. As anyone ever considered that Stephanie just simply is not an interesting person? As far as I am concerned, I have never read anything coming from her mouth that was in the least interesting, strikingly intelligent or refreshing. She neither is very good looking, rather the contrary. Remains only the fact that she is a 'princess' of Monaca. Point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliantly said, as always! But also maybe a waste of energy and words. As anyone ever considered that Stephanie just simply is not an interesting person? As far as I am concerned, I have never read anything coming from her mouth that was in the least interesting, strikingly intelligent or refreshing. She neither is very good looking, rather the contrary. Remains only the fact that she is a 'princess' of Monaca. Point.

Thanks, pruts, for the double-edged compliment, as always. Please, let me be the judge of how I expand my energy is a waste or not, as I would never presume to judge on how you expand yours. I am sure my style shows I did not labour for hours on how to express my point. I tend to be long-winded, that's a fault of mine. As for a waste of words, you are reading this thread and responding to it, right, so it can't be a complete waste, unless you only read and respond to belittle my efforts. Anyway, this thread is about Stephanie's current events and as such, any reaction can't be a waste. I appreciate TRF not censuring my response, as I come across a little harsh. Vogue of course would never have published my response.

I disagree with you as "never having read anything coming from her mouth that was in the least interesting, strikingly intelligent or refreshing". I have enjoyed some of her interviews (actually less stilted and tightly controlled than her sister's) and she has shown surprising sensitivity, touching vulnerability, unexpected insights, and a hip, refreshing way of expressing herself that is all her own.

My beef, so to speak, is with magazines and their use of celebrities to sell a message by using misinformation, distorted, incomplete, or total black-out information to glamorize what at best can be considered controversial lifestyle choices. Say, for someone who's not aware of Princess Stephanie's sulfurous past, the reader may think s/he's discovered a real gem. Not to make a pun, but that reader will be unaware of the jam Stephanie put a lot of people in, who had to pick up the pieces and take over the responsibilities she eschewed at the time. I resent, as a reader, being presented with an image that has been drained of its substance, as it impairs any judgment, any informed opinion I want to form on what I read. When I read that Princess Stephanie presents herself as both a one-woman trailblazer and a victim of life's unfairness (implicit in the quotes, especially about her love life), my antennas go up and I think: "Please, don't give us the poor little rich girl act. You've been smart enough in the past to acknowledge and pay homage to all the privileges you've been handed on a silver platter, including how you messed up. Don't let a magazine turn you into a vapid poseuse who lives off the "enfant terrible" image that is unbecoming both to your age and position in life. Show how you've grown up, and in more ways than token appearances at fund-raisers. This issue is too much about a warmed-up image that was never that real in the first place, there isn't enough heart, not enough reflectiveness and appropriate regrets for youthful errors in judgment. Take control, turn the image around, forget the eighties, they weren't your best decade. And stop that "creativity" mantra, the "I am the real heiress to Princess Grace's unique talent and charm", it only highlights how poorly you have done in comparison. It is now, in the 2000's that you are doing an admirable job, and that's what your focus (as the image you want to project, rich with real substance) should be on."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom