The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
A 22 year old man has been arrested three days ago in Monaco after verbally attacking and insulting Princess Stephanie in front of her children.

The young man was first provoking Daniel Ducruet and then insulting the Princess as she left the beach restaurant with her children.
There has obviously also been a short fist-fight with Mr: Ducruet after the 22 year old had attacked Ducruet's ex-wife.

A court in Monaco now sentenced the 22 year old to three months of jail.

Article -Link ( Bunte Magazine)

Before geeting crazy over this ..... that's Monaco :)
Cool, Daniel's still fighting for his "woman". But after all, he used to be a body guard, didn't that boy know that?

Old 04-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Courtier

He was probably fighting because his children were verbally assaulted.

Stephanie might be able to handle what happened better, but no kid should have to listen to that crap.

And if the boy had any brains, he wouldn't have picked on Stephanie in public and THEN followed her back into MC. Talk about the briar patch!

Ann

Old 04-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Aristocracy

It's sad that people like Princess Stephanie can't go in public without being harassed! When I've seen personalities in public, I wouldn't dream of asking for autographs, or speaking to them otherwise, unless just a nod and a smile. Everyone deserves their right to privacy!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Serene Highness

Well, I just read the article in the local paper and there the whole thing is presented rather differently. The only ones saying that Steph was being insulted are Daniel and his chauffeur. Stephanie says, she didn't hear anyone insult her. Karim (the defendant, who presented himself without a lawyer) said he didn't even know Steph was in the car. He was after Daniel who, after a little argument, which was quickly finished by Stephs bodyguards, pushed Karims girlfriend, which she confirms. He was furious at daniel for this and ran after the car. And from that the stories differ. The witnesses in his favour were not heard by the judge. Apparently he had some other minor encounters with the law in France, so the judge decided not to believe him. The prosecutor said she didn't like him,because he kept denying what happened. He got 3 months plus he has to pay an unknown amount of money.

Hmm, not sure what to think now. I guess if Steph and the kids wouldn't have been there, nothing much would have happened and would have been another side note in Daniels life, just like the one about the fight he got himself into in his own bar. It is a pitty, that the other witnesses were not heard. Gives me a yucky feeling, especially with the reputation that the MC justice system has. I'm sure they had their reasons, but I just like to think that all witnesses are heard, not only the ones against the defendant.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
Well, I just read the article in the local paper and there the whole thing is presented rather differently. The only ones saying that Steph was being insulted are Daniel and his chauffeur. Stephanie says, she didn't hear anyone insult her. Karim (the defendant, who presented himself without a lawyer) said he didn't even know Steph was in the car. He was after Daniel who, after a little argument, which was quickly finished by Stephs bodyguards, pushed Karims girlfriend, which she confirms. He was furious at daniel for this and ran after the car. And from that the stories differ. The witnesses in his favour were not heard by the judge. Apparently he had some other minor encounters with the law in France, so the judge decided not to believe him. The prosecutor said she didn't like him,because he kept denying what happened. He got 3 months plus he has to pay an unknown amount of money.

Hmm, not sure what to think now. I guess if Steph and the kids wouldn't have been there, nothing much would have happened and would have been another side note in Daniels life, just like the one about the fight he got himself into in his own bar. It is a pitty, that the other witnesses were not heard. Gives me a yucky feeling, especially with the reputation that the MC justice system has. I'm sure they had their reasons, but I just like to think that all witnesses are heard, not only the ones against the defendant.
Well, this is a totally different view point, thanks for posting it Paca. If that's what happened, then it's all Daniel's fault, isn't it? And I wanted to say 'well done' for protecting Stephanie...
And honestly this story makes a better sence. I mean why on earth he would go insulting Stephanie (one of the most gorgeous women in to world!!! ), only a psycho could do that.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-27-2006, 03:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca

I agree totally that somehow this version of the story makes more sense indeed.

But it <is> disappointing....So much for prince Albert's promise to increase Monaco's "honesty, transparency, decency.."

And as for the judge deciding she "didn't like the defendant" just because he kept denying what happened....what kind of a judge is that?! WHat if the guy kept on denying what happened because he was, wait for it, <innocent>?
This kind of judge is something one would connect with a not-so-benevolent dictatorship. Which, come to think of it, Monaco more than kindof is of course. But I always thought M was the benevolent kind. This proves me wrong: this incident goes to show the real face of the place, in my opinion. Gorgeous as it may well be, it is a reason for me not to go there, not to visit.
Missed opportunity this was, for Monaco AND for Albert. Al, thought you would do better than this! For shame, Albert, For Shame!

Though in defense of Steph, it does sound like she kindof tried to save the day, save the defendant, no?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:59 AM
Royal Highness

[quote=princess olga

Though in defense of Steph, it does sound like she kindof tried to save the day, save the defendant, no?[/quote]

Seems like it.
So I apologize then. Seems to have happend in a different way than I heard before, so ... sorry.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
Seems like it.
So I apologize then. Seems to have happend in a different way than I heard before, so ... sorry.
yes it does seem like it was a situation where Daniel took complete advantage of and the system and his personal connections. Too bad, I've tried over the years to do my best and like him, because I like her! The thought process being: if she once loved him, he couldn't be that much of a pain in the you-know-what? This incident doesn't exactly help me like Daniel (not that he needs my approval, LOL!)

It does seem like Steph tried to do the right thing, save the day, but that the judge is a total sycophant (sp), one of these people who, no matter what the truth, side with those who butter their bread. Ugly and utterly utterly dispicable, people like that.

If I'd been Steph, I'd stepped in early on, right after the incident, and set Daniel straight...either she's too sweet for her own good or she's still under his spell somehow. Sad story, this one. and a great example for the kids : get away with anything and abuse anyone if you're the one with power an d money. ugh. Wish Steph would set arrogant Daniel straight every once in a while.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:06 AM
Heir Apparent

a few more of Stephanie, Daniel, and their kids at Cap d'Ail
(from hola)

Old 04-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pictures , purple ....

On one level or another Steph and Daniel still seem to understand well. I think it's great for Louis and Pauline .... that's already a lot.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Two more pictures. Mathieu was there too ... ,see ?

(Revue)
Old 04-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Serene Highness

He works there?
Old 04-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18
He works there?
Yup, he does ....
Old 04-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

Is that the place that Stephanie brought not to long back I read she had a resturant that he worked at is it the same one?
Old 04-29-2006, 05:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18
Is that the place that Stephanie brought not to long back I read she had a resturant that he worked at is it the same one?
Yes, that's the resto ...it's called Le Lamparo ...
Old 04-29-2006, 09:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
Seems like it.
Seb, there is nothing for you to excuse yourself. I have seen the story on several sites told in a different way, then it was reported in the MC matin. the matin has its own court reporter there ad once a week they sum up what is happening. I think Reuters (who have an office here) might have had a short notice out and everything else went from there. Maybe their reporter didn't catc all the fineries of what went on. Personally, I don't know whose story to believe. The defendant had things against him and for him. The same goes for Daniel. The prosecutor was somewhat biased IMO, but I think it was only because Steph was inthe car, that she felt obliged to be severe. If it would have been just daniel and no kids or Steph around, things might have been different. Also he should have had an attorney, but maybe he thought it would be a waste of money seeing who was testifying against him. I don't know. Maybe he goes into appeal, which he should if he told the truth and it was what actually happened. IMO all people present at the occasion should have been heard (restaurant, bodyguards etc.) to make sure that it was a fair trial. The verdict might have been justified (I'm not a lawyer so who am I to judge), but it just leave me with a bad impression. On the other hand I don't think that one should conclude that MC is a dictatorship where people can do what they like. There are laws ad procedures that are being followed and the quality of the work done, depends on the people doing their jobs. One should also mention that prosecutors and judges here are mostly experienced French "magistrates" who have been doing their work for a long period with a certain reputation, before they are nominated for MC. And they will sooner or later rejoin the French system. I don't think that they would have an interest in ruining their reputation by doing a poor job. I am still not decided what to think about this. It is just that sth about this incident bothers me (ad possibly bothered the reporter too) and I would have wished that things would have been more clear and straight forward then they seem now. Unfortunetely they hardly ever are once they end before a judge and no matter where you are in this world, things always depend on all players in the game. So it is not sth that would only happen in MC. Except here people take a closer look ad since PAs speech, have higher expectations. At least that is how I see it.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:20 AM
Courtier

does she have a belly button?
Old 04-30-2006, 02:10 AM
Courtier

The only person I've ever known to not have a belly button was Alfred Hitchcock. He literally had it surgically removed.

I've also seen plastic surgery programmes where, because of infections and other nasty complications/side effects, the stomach skin was moved up to cover lost breast tissue. One lady ended up with her belly button between her boobs--but it was still there.

But Stephanie does have a belly button in that last photo. She just has a large coin-like piercing in it. Something akin to a cufflink size.

It would be quite something if it were an altered coin of her mothers image!

Ann
Old 05-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Majesty

Eastnews

New pics.... But what happened to her arm, have I missed something?

Old 05-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
Eastnews

New pics.... But what happened to her arm, have I missed something?
Ouch....I'm not 100% sure but it could be some problem with her tendons which occures chronically.