The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
I wouldn't - it's just a human thing to do in my opinion. Why shouldn't his mom kiss the man she loves. Monaco is a free country

BTW Steph looks gorgeous in the last pictures....:)
I do not know what is the mentality in Monaco, which we should not forget is a Mediterrannean place close to Italy, but the children may somehow be quite embarassed, as their mother loves many men very often. I do not say that is but, Stephanie behaviors as she feels, but if you count how many new daddys arrived in these children life.....

Old 11-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
I do not know what is the mentality in Monaco, which we should not forget is a Mediterrannean place close to Italy, but the children may somehow be quite embarassed, as their mother loves many men very often. I do not say that is but, Stephanie behaviors as she feels, but if you count how many new daddys arrived in these children life.....
Do not forget tha MC is in many ways a village. For women who live here or are known here the basic rule is that if you are seen kissing three different men in public, they are starting and treating you as a slut. this means here that men will be running after you because they hope for quick sex, but they will not consider you for a lasting relationship. With Stephanie things are a bit different ( or at least were while her father was still alive), but people do talk behind her back though they would never say anything in her face or openly critize. It is just those little remarks that people make.

Personally I think kissing in front of your children is good, as long as it shows affection. Though if it's too much (like people surrounding start feeling uncomfortable) that would make things embarrasing for children. Children - as much as they love their parents, they would like them not to stick out of a crowd and rather be average. But there is nothing wrong with kisses and cuddles in public, especially in this very "kissy" area. Especially not if it is meant to last.

Old 11-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
Do not forget tha MC is in many ways a village. For women who live here or are known here the basic rule is that if you are seen kissing three different men in public, they are starting and treating you as a slut. this means here that men will be running after you because they hope for quick sex, but they will not consider you for a lasting relationship. With Stephanie things are a bit different ( or at least were while her father was still alive), but people do talk behind her back though they would never say anything in her face or openly critize. It is just those little remarks that people make.

Personally I think kissing in front of your children is good, as long as it shows affection. Though if it's too much (like people surrounding start feeling uncomfortable) that would make things embarrasing for children. Children - as much as they love their parents, they would like them not to stick out of a crowd and rather be average. But there is nothing wrong with kisses and cuddles in public, especially in this very "kissy" area. Especially not if it is meant to last.
well, i personally dont like it when anyone kisses in front of me(i'm talking about instensive kissing. the occasional quick kiss is, of course, fine) it's a rude thing to do because they're paying attention to the person they're kissing and not you and you're shut out of what's going on. it's not thoughtful if you're with other people.

i think stephanie kisses way too many different men who are not the kids' father in front of the kids. it would violate my standards of decency but, then... i'm not her.

monaco is free and she can do whatever she wants but i'm really thankful stephanie is not my mom!
Old 11-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
well, i personally dont like it when anyone kisses in front of me(i'm talking about instensive kissing. the occasional quick kiss is, of course, fine) it's a rude thing to do because they're paying attention to the person they're kissing and not you and you're shut out of what's going on. it's not thoughtful if you're with other people.

i think stephanie kisses way too many different men who are not the kids' father in front of the kids. it would violate my standards of decency but, then... i'm not her.

monaco is free and she can do whatever she wants but i'm really thankful stephanie is not my mom!
I think that it depends on the type of relationship it is. This relationship seems like a semi long-term one so I think it's ok for PDA between them.

I'm not going to critisize Stephanie for her many relationships, I prefer to think of it this way - Stephanie has a great capacity for love and she feels free to express it, I don't focus on the fact that she's been with alot of men.
Who are we to judge her - if her brother was doing this we would consider him affectionate and not afraid to show his feelings for a woman in front of the media, we would consider him romantic, but a woman does it and suddently she's not respectable.

I think that if my mother did this I wouldn't be at all embarrassed and my family is European. European people are more liberal than American's and therefore more accepting of PDA - no matter what American's think!

Old 11-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma

but i'm really thankful stephanie is not my mom!
Well, Stephanie's kids are quite happy to have such a wonderful affactionate mommy....
Old 11-22-2005, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
Well, Stephanie's kids are quite happy to have such a wonderful affactionate mommy....
of course they are! I like Stephanie more and more. I've decided that Steph is definitely the most interesting Grimaldi. She has the most interesting approach to being royal, and to fashion (even her fashion "mistakes" are always so interesting.) I love how she wears many colors and she tries to be different. I like and respect Caroline, but I'm so sick of Caroline's always-black-always-Chanel thing. Steph adds color and life to this family. :)
Old 11-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Nobility

I have to say I've never though Stephanie was very good-looking but those pictures of her at the Enthronement were fantastic. She looks absolutely magnificent and I think it's safe to say she seems to only be getting better with age.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Royal Highness

I was looking on Style.com and I think Stephanie wore a variation of this dress to the Enthronement Day.
It's a dress designed by Oscar de la Renta and the photo was taken by Marcio Madeira.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...DLR-dress0.jpg

This is the outfit that Stephanie wore, does anyone know who designed this suit?
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...971/fwp26s.jpg

Old 11-23-2005, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
I was looking on Style.com and I think Stephanie wore a variation of this dress to the Enthronement Day.
It's a dress designed by Oscar de la Renta and the photo was taken by Marcio Madeira.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...DLR-dress0.jpg

This is the outfit that Stephanie wore, does anyone know who designed this suit?
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...971/fwp26s.jpg
Maybe it was her own design. I think sometimes she does that. Personally, I don't see any similarity to the Oscar de la Renta dress.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Maybe it was her own design. I think sometimes she does that. Personally, I don't see any similarity to the Oscar de la Renta dress.
I meant similarities with the feathers or whatever they are. And, also the green twead-ish pattern. Maybe Stephanie saw the dress and took the idea from there to design the outfit herself.

Old 11-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks everyone for the pics Stephanie looks each time better and better
Old 11-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Royal Highness

A wonderful picture of wonderful Steph :)

(BdP)
Old 11-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Stephanie very busy during the National holiday week ...

...she found so very touching words as she said right after the holy mass: " This is a new beginning for all of us in the family..."

(sipa, cp,newscom, polfoto, corbis)

Old 11-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Royal Highness

For those who haven't seen it before:

Interview with princess Stephnanie 19.11.05

( she's so sweet... and has a little cold ;-))
Old 11-30-2005, 11:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
i agree. steph has too often gotten involved with men who would soak her for money. I think she would be wise to be more careful who she falls for. she has so much money at stack, and when you combine with all that money a vunerable woman, there are many unworthy men ready to take advantage of that. Steph seems to be very vunerable and her money is an object of desire for men who are willing to take advantage of her. When you are royal or at least have so much money, you have to be so careful who you allow into your private life. If she's not careful, Steph could wind up in a very bad situation, overpaying lawyers and sweating bullets. I hope she keeps Mathieu at bay and just dates him. No more marriage, please.
Stay single, Steph. That's best for you, and for your children.
I agree. Steph's down to earth, sweet nature has been milked by some unworthy, self absorbed greedy men. And they must have really hurt her. :(

Somehow, I get this feeling...or a karma going round...if you look at the behaviour of his bro...the way he womanise etc...it seems that what goes round comes round....and I think may be the bad things Albert has done has come back and hurt Steph....weird theory...but I do believe in it.

MJ
Old 11-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissajames
I agree. Steph's down to earth, sweet nature has been milked by some unworthy, self absorbed greedy men. And they must have really hurt her. :(
I agree that Stephanie is the down-to-earth one among the Grimaldi trio. She is said to dislike rich men so she goes for the "ordinary" ones. I don't think she's the one at fault when her relationships end. She seems a sensitive person.

I don't know if Mathieu is good for her, but I hope she finds true and lasting happiness in love!

Thanks, Sebastian, for the interview. It's the first time I've heard her speak. :)

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 11-30-2005, 11:11 PM
Royal Highness

time for a new thread. :)

You can view the new thread here